Nursing wear - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 10-27-2010, 01:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm pretty much a layer person - T shirt over tank. I have some Target nursing tanks which are excellent, but I just started wearing DH's tank undershirts - the arm holes are so large that I pull it to the center, and voila - boob hole. I've been wearing those with my nursing bras.
I'm off to buy more undershirts (because I stretched out DH's) and Ts now.

Mom to two intact boys, born at home. DS1 11/07, DS2 9/10
#2 of 4 Old 10-27-2010, 11:40 PM

That is a great idea! I will have to raid DH's drawers. I have cut a big slit down the front of some old tees and wear those around the house over my Target nursing tanks or just a bra. They are great for sleeping b/c they keep my shouldres and arms warm and don't tempt me to pull up ther blanket around the baby. I also treated myself today to two nice Japanese Weekend tops that are very flattering and make me feel good. I had ordered some clearance stuff from expressiva and motherwear and while they work for nursing they don't really have a flattering fit for me and I feel dumpy in them.

Being out so much more with this one (b/c I have DD and her preschool and stuff) I wear a nursing shirt pretty much every day. DS hates, hates, hates his car seat so I pretty much nurse him after we arrive anywhere b/c he is crying hysterically when we get there. Thank goodness for my Ergo and my nursing tops. I can walk through DD's preschool campus or the grocery store parking lot carrying DD and nursing DS and not flash any boobage to anyone!

DD 12/07 DS 9/10

#3 of 4 Old 10-28-2010, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribord View Post
Thank goodness for my Ergo and my nursing tops. I can walk through DD's preschool campus or the grocery store parking lot carrying DD and nursing DS and not flash any boobage to anyone!
Do you have him in the infant insert to breastfeed? How do yoy breastfeed in the front carrier?

I have some nursing tanks from old navy that I like. I'm ashamed to say I'm still wearing my maternity shirts. But I"m about to raid my dh's closet....thanks for the idea!!

SAHM married to with twin boys  and a girl .  

#4 of 4 Old 10-28-2010, 05:56 PM

I was using the infant insert at first but found it kind of awkward and unnecessary and stopped at about 6 weeks. The insert also lifted him up higher and made it harder to nurse him. I still have his legs frogged, though.

To nurse him I have to have the Ergo pretty low on my hips and off-center a bit (to whatever side I'm nursing on). Even with those adjustments, his head is still pretty high up vs. my chest. I use my hands to lift up my boob and position it into his mouth and it is fairly hands free at that point although sometimes I have to reposition. If I have a hand free I'll sometimes use it to support my breast. He is usually more upset from being in the car seat than hungry so he often will just nurse on and off for 5 or 10 minutes and then fall asleep (at which point it doesn't matter if my breast falls out of his mouth.) Just in time for me to be done dropping off or picking up his sister and then he has to go back in the car seat where he wakes up and starts screaming again, poor guy.

DD 12/07 DS 9/10

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page