Pooping habits changing? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-01-2010, 02:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Have your LO's pooping habits changed lately?

I guess I easily stress out about pooping because she didn't poop for a week right after she was born and there was lots of stress and worry about her food intake because of that. So anyways, after that first week she would go multiple times a day, lots of poop. Then at about 5 weeks she changed to having huge poops every 36 hours or so. That lasted for 3 days, and now she hasn't went at all in over 3 days I know it isn't uncommon for EBF babies to change to a once a week pattern or so, and I wouldn't be worried except that she's spent a lot of the last two days either straining, grunting or fussing. And she has been so gassy. Also, she sometimes cries when she passes gas. I know she's uncomfortable, and I don't know what to do to help her out.

Is this just a normal change that she has to get used to? Will she get more comfy?

Mama to Penelope!! born 9/19/10. Missing Elliott 10/10/09. And expecting expecting again Oct '14!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2010, 11:53 PM

my DD is the same age and has been doing almost exactly what you described.. over the weekend she pooped twice a day after going almost 4 days with no poop before that..

yes, it is totlaly normal, unless when baby does poop it is hard/formed/pebbles etc. , it is not constipation.. learning to poop is hard. and that's what babies are doing..

DD1 was pooping every 10+ days whens he was 3-4 months old (slowed down starting around 4-6 weeks).. my DS pooped 8+ times a day until he was 8 months old,. both were EBF .. the range of normal with BF babies is crazy.

- Staci, Mommy to Mollie (3/06), Jamie (5/08), Annie (9/10) and Bently (2/13) chicken3.gif
Old 11-02-2010, 12:14 AM

We're pooping every few days too. As long as there are plenty of wet diapers I wouldn't worry.

Amanda
Mom to Reya (13) and Little baby Lila 9/22

http://arealwomanssweatjournal.blogspot.com

Old 11-02-2010, 01:20 AM

Mine's still only pooping every few days, and peeing every few seconds.

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

Old 11-02-2010, 11:00 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly1101 View Post
Mine's still only pooping every few days, and peeing every few seconds.
Yeah, the amount of pee is incredible!

Mama to Penelope!! born 9/19/10. Missing Elliott 10/10/09. And expecting expecting again Oct '14!
Old 11-02-2010, 11:01 AM - Thread Starter

also, she did end up pooping yesterday and it definitely made up for the 3 days she didn't! :

User Tag List