Phantom Kicks - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 11-08-2010, 05:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
For the last week I have been feeling my baby kicking around in my stomach. At first it was just when I was sleeping, but for the last two days I have felt these "kicks" during the day. I just had a nice episode a minute ago which inspired this post...

Has anyone else felt this? If so, does it go away and why would it start now?

"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bank balance smaller, home happier, clothes dirty, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for." ~A.U.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 11-08-2010, 11:41 PM

This is so so sooooo normal and as far as I know, no it does not go away. My moms youngest is 18 years old and she still gets them.

My doctors theory (theres no 100% known cause) is that muscle damage sustained in pregnancy (no matter how healthy you are, stretching that far can cause some amount of artificial damage... which is the sort that would cause this) is trying to heal itself. To do so, it is twitching. This explains why I feel it all over in the tummy but most often in the area where my babies kicked/stretched the most. Also explains why I have SEEN it (rarely, but I have!)

Right now they will seem more prominent/obvious because you JUST had that baby, just a couple months ago you were still feeling that feeling with him in you.

As time goes on I do not know if they get less frequent or we just get more used to them but most women I talk to about it seem to feel it less.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#3 of 7 Old 11-08-2010, 11:55 PM

It happened to me after my boys were born, but I haven't felt any after this pregnancy. It was strange......and VERY, VERY real feeling.

SAHM married to with twin boys  and a girl .  

#4 of 7 Old 11-09-2010, 12:10 AM

I get them too so bittersweet.

Amanda
Mom to Reya (13) and Little baby Lila 9/22

http://arealwomanssweatjournal.blogspot.com

#5 of 7 Old 11-09-2010, 12:13 AM

I got them after ds3, but they stopped when I got pregnant this time (so four years or so of feeling them). Haven't felt them since getting pregnant. I kinda miss them--it was a fun way to still remember the fun part of being pregnant.

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
#6 of 7 Old 11-09-2010, 10:56 AM

I've noticed these phantom kicks at night, at VERY lightly during the day every once in a while. It is kinda bittersweet Makes me look forward to my next baby already

Me: lady.gif Sarah, married to: geek.gif J, mommy to: happytears.gif C (8/10) and rolleyes.gif E (11/12)

#7 of 7 Old 11-10-2010, 07:38 AM

i have been getting them too and this time they just recently started..  so weird.. 

- Staci, Mommy to Mollie (3/06), Jamie (5/08), Annie (9/10) and Bently (2/13) chicken3.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page