Birthmarks - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 11-08-2010, 11:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone elses little ones have one?

Mae has a strawberry birthmark on her abdomen... about the size that if I poked her with my pointer finger would be the same size.

My first two had no birthmarks, but then Mae has a different daddy and his family has this tendency to have odd... uh... well put it this way... 2 of the 3 boys had large moles on their faces. DH had his removed but his brother still has his.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 11-08-2010, 11:19 PM

Lila has a stork bite on the back of her head. It is covered by hair. I didn't know it was there for days lol. Her daddy has the same mark in the same place.

Amanda
Mom to Reya (13) and Little baby Lila 9/22

http://arealwomanssweatjournal.blogspot.com

#3 of 9 Old 11-08-2010, 11:47 PM - Thread Starter

oh forgot Mae also has angel kiss birthmarks on her eyelids... but you usually cant see them unless shes asleep.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#4 of 9 Old 11-09-2010, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda_Reyasmom View Post
Lila has a stork bite on the back of her head. It is covered by hair. I didn't know it was there for days lol. Her daddy has the same mark in the same place.
Same with us though DH's is on his forehead. You can only see his when he's really mad, LOL

Me: lady.gif Sarah, married to: geek.gif J, mommy to: happytears.gif C (8/10) and rolleyes.gif E (11/12)

#5 of 9 Old 11-10-2010, 05:00 AM

Em has a light tan birthmark, about the size of a pencil eraser, beside her left eye.  She also has a stork bite, and a big freckle on her ankle, and another one low down on her belly, covered by diaper.

Ozzy has no birthmarks that I can find, not even a stork bite.  It's funny because Em has so many.

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

#6 of 9 Old 11-10-2010, 07:31 AM

Ellie doesn't have any at all, at least as far as I can tell, which surprised me.  Do freckles, beauty marks, etc. show up as they get older?

(As an aside, does anyone else wish their skin was as soft and smooth as their LOs?  Ellie has such gorgeous skin...I'm jealous! wink1.gif )

I before E, except after C.  Weird.
DD: 8/2010.
#7 of 9 Old 11-10-2010, 09:25 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurski View Post

Ellie doesn't have any at all, at least as far as I can tell, which surprised me.  Do freckles, beauty marks, etc. show up as they get older?

(As an aside, does anyone else wish their skin was as soft and smooth as their LOs?  Ellie has such gorgeous skin...I'm jealous! wink1.gif )

yes... and yes.

I paid a lot of attention to getting moles (beauty marks) and freckles. I am pretty sure freckles can come and go no matter your age but rarely will a baby have them. My brother developed his around age 4 and they got very obvious (we are a very pale lot, so freckles just pop on our skin)... but now at age 20 they are actually gone. My own moles... I had NONE at birth and now have hundreds of tiny little ones and a few large ones I have had to have a doctor check out (but were benign) 

According to wikipedia (which may or may not be true) about 1 in 100 babies are born with moles... and most develop in the first 20 years of life. 

As I have already said... DH has a ton of freckles and moles too, they run in both of our families... so we have very little doubt that Mae will have them as she grows older... but for now she just has the birthmarks and also...

the only thing I dont want of maes is her ease of getting "heat pimples" if she so much as falls asleep on our chest half her face will fill up with little red bumps. They go away as she cools of though. Hope that doesnt last into her adult life or it will REALLY suck for her!

#8 of 9 Old 11-10-2010, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post

the only thing I dont want of maes is her ease of getting "heat pimples" if she so much as falls asleep on our chest half her face will fill up with little red bumps. They go away as she cools of though. Hope that doesnt last into her adult life or it will REALLY suck for her!

Poor Caleb had the same problem but seems to have outgrown this around the time the last of his limited baby acne cleared up, so maybe Mae will loose hers as well! He was born free of any marks, but both his father and I have a ton of freckles and moles. I will have to keep my eyes open for the first!

"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bank balance smaller, home happier, clothes dirty, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for." ~A.U.
#9 of 9 Old 11-15-2010, 03:50 PM

I thought my LO had no birthmarks, but yesterday in the bath I noticed a very faint tan splotch on his leg.  When I was a little kid, our babysitter had one like that on her face, and I thought it was an apple juice stain, lol!

DS1 has a strawberry mark on his upper arm in exactly the same spot as mine. 

Mom to two intact boys, born at home. DS1 11/07, DS2 9/10

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page