Anyone have tender/sore abdomen? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 11-13-2010, 01:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My abdomen is still really tender/sore. I'm pretty sure it's the stomach muscles. I do have a stomach muscle separation and a hernia but I thought the stomach muscle separation wasn't supposed to hurt? It could be the hernia but mine is really tiny (I'm not even sure I can feel it anymore) and I would think if it was the hernia, it would just hurt in that spot, not all over (from sternum to below belly button but especially the part from the belly button up.)

I just got a book out of the library ("Lose Your Mummy Tummy") and she said front carriers are terrible for diastatis recti (the stomach separation). I use front carriers all the time. And she did say you might have soreness around your belly button but I can't any other references to tummy pain this far postpartum online.

Any thoughts? I asked my nurse midwife at my 6 week check up and she said to give it more time but I'm wondering if I should go see my primary care?

Mom to DD (3), my little peanut (9/10/09) and our newest addition 9/16/10
#2 of 7 Old 11-14-2010, 07:23 PM - Thread Starter

Really? Nobody else is sore? Guess it's just me!

#3 of 7 Old 11-15-2010, 07:08 AM

I've been off and on sore, but I had a cesarean where I felt most of the surgery, mainly the tugging, pushing, etc, not the cutting, but I had full feeling above my naval, so I think a lot of my pain is emotional.  Maybe yours?  If you had a CS, it is a pretty large amount of trauma that takes place to your abdomen, scar aside, compared to a vaginal birth.

#4 of 7 Old 11-15-2010, 01:16 PM - Thread Starter

I had a vaginal birth but I had a big baby and it was fast and hard. Plus I was extremely inactive during my pregnancy due to horrible long ligament pain and constant Braxton Hicks. Maybe my stomach muscles are just really sore from all the use they're suddenly getting.

That must have been really weird and disturbing to feel the pulling/tugging during your c-section. Yuck. No wonder you're sore!

#5 of 7 Old 11-15-2010, 02:22 PM

I do, but I had a c/s and it is where they were tugging, pulling, pressing, etc. on me (and I don't think my pain is emotional, as I'm "ok" with having had a c/s). I was in pretty good shape through my pregnancy and am OK right now (got somewhat out of shape due to the c/s recovery limiting what I could comfortably do... blah!)

Mom of 7, ages 12, 11, 8, 6, 4, 3, and 18 months!grouphug.gif
#6 of 7 Old 11-20-2010, 06:41 AM

I have had some stomach discomfort since this birth too.  Not something I remember after the previous two (maybe number 3  has done more damage than just my hips?).  It isn't sore all of the time, but if any pressure gets put on my stomach it is uncomfortable for sure.  Even bending can do it.  I figured it was a muscle thing.  I know I definitely need to work on core stength now for sure.

Mama to three sweet boys ('04, '07 and the new addition arrived on Sept 8, 2010)
#7 of 7 Old 11-20-2010, 10:00 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovnMyBoys View Post

I have had some stomach discomfort since this birth too.  Not something I remember after the previous two (maybe number 3  has done more damage than just my hips?).  It isn't sore all of the time, but if any pressure gets put on my stomach it is uncomfortable for sure.  Even bending can do it.  I figured it was a muscle thing.  I know I definitely need to work on core stength now for sure.

This is just like my pain and I did not have it DD. It's especially bad when bending or wearing the Ergo. Mine feels better today and I think that's because I wore the Moby instead of the Ergo. It definitely feels like muscle soreness. I guess I'll give it a bit more time as it seems to be getting better. I'm afraid to work my abs because of my diastasis recti. But I know my core is weak, weak, weak.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page