Every Morning - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 12-06-2010, 05:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I wake up thrilled and even a little surprised to have a baby! It's like I keep waking up expecting it to be a dream.  I wanted her for so so long, I can't believe we actually made a person.  Am I the only one who is still weepy when I think about it?

When I first got pregnant I was so scared.  Babies don't fix relationships and DH and I were teetering on an edge.  He was so attentive to my needs while I was pregnant and he's such a loving daddy.  I catch him gazing while I nurse Lila.  He thanks me for taking such cuch good care of his baby.  Like I'm really doing him a favor.  She really has brought us (and our family unit) closer together. 

Amanda
Mom to Reya (13) and Little baby Lila 9/22

http://arealwomanssweatjournal.blogspot.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 12-06-2010, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda_Reyasmom View Post

She really has brought us (and our family unit) closer together. 

Same with our little guy! DH and I are so much more in tune now than before; he is so helpful, supportive, and appreciative:) 

Every morning, Caden wakes up smiling, delighted with life. And DH and I just lie there, cuddling and smiling with him, so happy!! And at random moments, I'll look at my LO in awe. I'm actually a mommy! I have a baby and he is amazing! Wow!!!

Me: lady.gif Sarah, married to: geek.gif J, mommy to: happytears.gif C (8/10) and rolleyes.gif E (11/12)

#3 of 4 Old 12-06-2010, 03:15 PM

YES! I totally still think these things everyday. She is my second and our little surprise and I am so in awe of her and can't imagine how we lived without her and her beautiful smile that lights up our days. I really feel as well that she brought us so much closer as a family, she's just so full of life and happiness. DP has been almost saintly and is such a great involved daddy and the most supportive spouse. I guess you could say that every morning I wake up grateful for my life. Things couldn't be better (why do I get the feeling the other shoe is going to drop soon?duck.gif lol!)

Stephanienut.gif, RT, Mama to Jenergy.gif (4/06), Nfencing.gif (9/10), and someone new stork-girl.gif (2/14), partner to Vdrum.gif and Learning to take it one day at a timepraying.gif 
#4 of 4 Old 12-17-2010, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda_Reyasmom View Post

I wake up thrilled and even a little surprised to have a baby! It's like I keep waking up expecting it to be a dream.  I wanted her for so so long, I can't believe we actually made a person.  Am I the only one who is still weepy when I think about it?

I'm with you!  Here's a recent evening conversation with my husband:

Me:  I'm so excited about tomorrow.

Him:  Why?

Me: Because I have a baby!

I just joined this site, but my daughter was born the day before yours! 

Mama to Eris, born 9/21/2010! energy.gifbellyhair.gif@earthshod on Twitter.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page