Mr Super-Sensitive-Car-Alarm Man - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-15-2010, 12:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Remember the Bud light "real man of genius" commercials? If you don't, check out Mr Giant Taco Salad Inventor and Mr Really Loud Cellphone Talker Guy, two my personal favorites.

Well, I wish they still did those because boy do I have a doozy. There is a person who lives in one of the neighboring apartments, he moved in a few months ago, and we have dubbed him Mr. Super Sensitive Car Alarm Man. He is an elusive beast who allows his car alarm to go off at all times of the night and day, typically two or three times a week, always after Jack is in bed. And every time it wakes him up I hate this louse a little more.

Tonight he got lucky. Jack didn't wake up. But I swear, if he does it again I will loose my SH**, ok? Any Buffy the Vampire Slayer fans out there? Remember what Willow does to Warren after he kills her girlfriend? (scroll to the last paragraph of synopsis) Let's just say I wish I were Wiccan instead of Christian right about now.

><> I'm a Christian, knitting, sewing, cooking SAHM to the fearless adventurer Jack born 11/08, and  a  USCG wife
And we are joyfully awaiting a new addition in April 2011! <><
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2010, 01:34 PM

Actually they do still air them. The usually air them during the Cardinals Baseball games here locally.

Anne, Mama to Conner 2/27/04 blahblah.gif  Gabrielle 2/6/06 W/LMC-TCS, Neurogenic Bladder, AFO & KAFO wearer, Neurogenic Bowel energy.gif & Delaney 5/12/08 mischievous.gif &  Beethoven cat.gif& Gizmo cat.gif

Old 03-15-2010, 04:28 PM

Holy moly I read that paragraph, you sure are angry! ( I would be too! )

Can you make an anonymous noise complaint to the local cops? Say that either there are a lot of break-ins or someone in your neighborhood is causing noise pollution? Ugh yuck.

Your User Agreement here at MDC, read it and make it your friend and read the FAQ to answer all the questions of the (MDC) world.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:50 PM - Thread Starter

yeah I need to go out there the next time and write the plate number down. I haven't done it b/c it's cold outside and I'm normally comfy, in my jammies, and enjoying a cup of coffee with DH when the alarm goes off. But I really do need to end this. It's absurd.

><> I'm a Christian, knitting, sewing, cooking SAHM to the fearless adventurer Jack born 11/08, and  a  USCG wife
Old 03-15-2010, 07:34 PM

We love those. Hubs has all of them on his Zune for when he needs a good laugh.

Wife of 1. Mom of 3. Conquering disability challenges, one achievement at a time.

Old 03-16-2010, 12:09 PM

There's nothing worse than something like a car alarm waking your babe up when you've.finally.gotten.them.to.sleep. Ugh!

Happy mama to DD reading.gif  DS  drum.gif and DD coolshine.gif and married to an awesome DH jammin.gif.  homeschool.gif
Old 03-16-2010, 07:44 PM

I'm always really tempted to give that car alarm a real reason to go off...

I'll tell you who I hate more though, it's the jerks that sit in the car & beep & beep instead of getting out of the car and walking 10 freaking feet to the front door to knock! I think they heard you the first time, jerkwad! Maybe they're sitting on the toilet taking a poop! Jeez! Let the rest of us alone!
Old 03-16-2010, 08:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMommyNiceNice View Post
I'm always really tempted to give that car alarm a real reason to go off...

I'll tell you who I hate more though, it's the jerks that sit in the car & beep & beep instead of getting out of the car and walking 10 freaking feet to the front door to knock! I think they heard you the first time, jerkwad! Maybe they're sitting on the toilet taking a poop! Jeez! Let the rest of us alone!
Oh yes, I hate that also!! grrr!

Old 03-22-2010, 03:04 AM
Banned

Vent away. at the Willow reference, that was the craziest thing EVER on that show. I don't understand how people don't care about disturbing the entire block. For us it's the folks who leave their yappy dog home alone, outside, for hours. I wouldn't even mind dog-sitting if it just meant there wasn't distressed dog in the background all night, and waking up my kid.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Margaret View Post
Vent away. at the Willow reference, that was the craziest thing EVER on that show. I don't understand how people don't care about disturbing the entire block. For us it's the folks who leave their yappy dog home alone, outside, for hours. I wouldn't even mind dog-sitting if it just meant there wasn't distressed dog in the background all night, and waking up my kid.
Aww, poor guy! Our downstairs neighbor told me that in the warmer weather there are some people who do that. I'm not looking forward to it.

User Tag List