How about a meme? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 18 Old 05-29-2010, 08:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
1. What site(s) do you visit every day?

2. What did you want to be when you grew up?

3. How many individuals live in your house?

4. What was the last food you ate?

5. What food could you eat every day for a month?

6. Finish this sentence: I wish I were more ______.

7. What makes you proud of yourself?

8. If you could have any super power, what would it be?

9. Tell us something "surprising" or something we wouldn't know about you.

10. Tell us something funny that your kids (or pets) did or said, that cracked you up.

Becky, partner to Teague, SAHM to Keagan (7yo), Jonah (2yo)

#2 of 18 Old 05-29-2010, 08:28 PM - Thread Starter

1. What site(s) do you visit every day? MDC, hotmail, facebook (to play paradigm and scrabble!)

2. What did you want to be when you grew up? I wanted to be a vet. Either that, or be able to talk to animals

3. How many individuals live in your house? 5 - Me, dp, Keagan (5yo), Jonah (11 mos old), and Shiloh (9yo mixed breed dog)

4. What was the last food you ate? Black bean "pizza" - black beans mased up on toast, topped with tomato slices and mozzarella cheese

5. What food could you eat every day for a month? black beans- I'm on an ED and HAVE eaten them everyday for about a month. I don't hate them yet!

6. Finish this sentence: I wish I were more ______. I wish I were more assertive.

7. What makes you proud of yourself? I'm proud of my GD related knowledge, and of how gentle I am for the most part. Definitely room for improvement though!

8. If you could have any super power, what would it be? I'm having a hard time thinking of one...ooh, how about the power to make others use their brain and be reasonable. hehehe

9. Tell us something "surprising" or something we wouldn't know about you. I met DP on an online dating site, and met him in person a couple hours later. I moved in 3 months later!

10. Tell us something funny that your kids (or pets) did or said, that cracked you up. Keagan was about 4yo, and was taking swimming lessons. On the phone to me grandma, he said "We went in the cat pool." Get it? kiddie (kitty) pool
He also used to say "Can I have up" When he wanted picked up. I loved that!

#3 of 18 Old 05-29-2010, 09:17 PM

1. What site(s) do you visit every day? MDC and facebook

2. What did you want to be when you grew up? An engineer, and that's what I am.

3. How many individuals live in your house? 6 humans 1 dog

4. What was the last food you ate? Chocolate cake

5. What food could you eat every day for a month? Honey. Really, any food I like. I don't get tired of food very quickly.

6. Finish this sentence: I wish I were more ______. Rested

7. What makes you proud of yourself? That I balance work and kids and marriage pretty damn well.

8. If you could have any super power, what would it be? The ability to clean my house with my mind

9. Tell us something "surprising" or something we wouldn't know about you. I don't think I'm very surprising. I pretty much lay it all out there. Maybe that I was painfully shy as a kid and had an abusive sister.

10. Tell us something funny that your kids (or pets) did or said, that cracked you up. Oh man, I know I have some good ones! I'll update when my brain is in gear.

Joanna - wife to Mike, mamachicken to Cub(8/98), Kitten (4/07), Dew-man, and Woe-boy(twins, 10/08)
#4 of 18 Old 05-29-2010, 10:17 PM

1. What site(s) do you visit every day? MDC, TBW, Fbook, IAM.bmezine.com and Nexopia

2. What did you want to be when you grew up? A palaeontologist

3. How many individuals live in your house?3 humans, 2 cats and 2 dogs.. and some ants

4. What was the last food you ate?DH made corn chowder and garlic bread for dinner. Yum!

5. What food could you eat every day for a month?Pho. i could eat it every day forever.

6. Finish this sentence: I wish I were more ______.rich. LOL

7. What makes you proud of yourself?I'm exactly where I want to be

8. If you could have any super power, what would it be?Teleportation!

9. Tell us something "surprising" or something we wouldn't know about you.I look intimidating to the people who don't know me, but I'm actually very shy and submissive.

10. Tell us something funny that your kids (or pets) did or said, that cracked you up.Lyra has taken to SCREECHING when she is pleased with herself.

tea6.gifStudent mama to Lyra June loveeyes.gif (ribboncesarean.gif 10.24.09)  and Olive Isis love.gif  (vbac.gif12.12.11) 

#5 of 18 Old 05-29-2010, 10:23 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaChicken View Post
8. If you could have any super power, what would it be? The ability to clean my house with my mind
Awesome! That and teleportation kick the pants off my answer!

#6 of 18 Old 05-29-2010, 10:36 PM

gmail facebook google reader & MDC

high wire circus performer veterinarian pediatrician lawyer mama -- and now I'm kind of all of them at once

2 adults, 3 children, 2 pets

homemade peanut butter crispy bar

chicken

fit

that I am a good mama and good friend

heal people

I hate shoes and never have more than 4 pairs at any one time (birkenstocks, snow boots, sneakers, hiking boots)

10. Tell us something funny that your kids (or pets) did or said, that cracked you up.
my middle child (nearly 7) cracks me up daily; one of his more recent ones: I'm just a giant brain with a bladder

Maryhippie.gif

#7 of 18 Old 05-29-2010, 11:22 PM

- MDC and Facebook are my only two consistant ones, but I hit a few weight loss forums and a CPap forum at least every few days.

- A funeral director. Still do want to be that! As soon as I can pass the physical, I am going to try to go to Mortuary College

- four, Mom, Dad, BooBoo the cat and me.

- I had chicken and oven baked french fries for dinner.

- the melted white cheese from my local Mexican restaurant. Although it is super bad for you.

- confident

- That it only took me 2 times to leave my husband, as opposed to the national average of 7.

- eyes in the back of my head. I am a teacher!! I need this!

- I used to write poetry and even had a couple published as a teenager.

- Well I don't have kids, so I will have to use my students! For Halloween this year I let my kids take sharpies to my skirt and tee shirt and graphetti *sp* them. As they were writing/drawing, I hear this:
"H. O. I just wrote H and O on your shirt, Miss Jaime. What does that spell? Does that spell "ho"? Did I just write "Ho" on your shirt Miss Jaime? Isn't that nice. Ho. Just like Santa says: "Ho, ho, ho!"
Thankfully I managed to convince him to add another "O" and a "P" to make hoop

ribbonpurple.gif  "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin

#8 of 18 Old 05-30-2010, 01:48 AM

1. What site(s) do you visit every day? Gmail, facebook, google reader, twitter, yahoo mail, mothering and noaa

2. What did you want to be when you grew up? a mom but when asked what 'real' job it varied between vet and lawyer.

3. How many individuals live in your house? 4 people, 3 dogs and a lot of cats, the chickens are outside.

4. What was the last food you ate? Kashi peanut butter granola bar

5. What food could you eat every day for a month? banana jarred babyfood, that stuff is awesome (thank you wic for getting me hooked!)

6. Finish this sentence: I wish I were more ______. even tempered

7. What makes you proud of yourself? sticking to our parenting ideals

8. If you could have any super power, what would it be? to make money appear when needed.

9. Tell us something "surprising" or something we wouldn't know about you. we lived without a bathroom for a year

10. Tell us something funny that your kids (or pets) did or said, that cracked you up. I love when Paul gets Dolores giggling. He can just look at her and laugh and she starts laughing away and then he keeps going. It's awesome

Julie ~ homesteading, Traditional Catholic, wife to Chip, mom to Angelbaby(4-06), DS (3-07), and DD (11-09).
#9 of 18 Old 05-30-2010, 02:21 AM

MDC, facebook, CBC

i really really wanted to be a ballerina, and an archeologist and author for a while. now i want to be a midwife and i will be in 4 years when i graduate

6 humans, 2 dogs, 1 cockatiel, 3 bettafish and one cat

toasted french bread with butter, my weakness

oooh lots of things, cheese, butter, bread, rice, apples, watermelon, carrots ...

accepting of myself

i am raising 4 amazing kids, more incredible than i could have imagined

power to heal the hurting planet (yes, people and the planet)

my parents made me take french (quebec) folk dancing in junior high. in french. and i did not speak french fluently. and i have no idea why they insisted on it, especially because i hated it.

i'll have to remember something first

Midwifery student , Mama to my 4 amazing kids. treehugger.gif

#10 of 18 Old 05-30-2010, 12:27 PM

MDC, Facebook, woot, and zoolily

lawyer

three

toast with flax oil, yeast and braggs

popcorn with butter and yeast

more creative in the kitchen

my confidence in my parenting decisions

the power to make soil more fertile and water more available so every country could become more agriculturally sustainable. or just make it so there is no more starving people in the world.

when I was a child my family which consisted of my parents, six children a dog and a cat traveled around the western u.s. in a school bus that was converted into a house.

there's a lo,t but most recently dd 2 1/2 cracked me up when I asked her for a bite of her rice cracker and she told me "no it's yucky" and then finished it off herself.
#11 of 18 Old 05-30-2010, 01:54 PM - Thread Starter

hahaha about the "no, it's yucky" lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple life View Post
9. Tell us something "surprising" or something we wouldn't know about you. we lived without a bathroom for a year
drop
I have a hard time with one bathroom sometimes!

#12 of 18 Old 05-30-2010, 09:38 PM

1. What site(s) do you visit every day? MDC, DWLZ, WW, MSNBC, Huffingtonpost.

2. What did you want to be when you grew up? Secretary (showing my age here.)

3. How many individuals live in your house? 5

4. What was the last food you ate? Does St. Louis Bread Company count? Otherwise, I don't remember.

5. What food could you eat every day for a month? Pizza!

6. Finish this sentence: I wish I were more sure of myself.

7. What makes you proud of yourself? That I held our family together when it was falling apart.

8. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Stretchy like Elasta Girl (sp?)

9. Tell us something "surprising" or something we wouldn't know about you. I will have to come back to answer this one.

10. Tell us something funny that your kids (or pets) did or said, that cracked you up. Last week in the car I said something along the lines of "Well that was sh*tty." Just popped out of my mouth and not thinking. Well my 4 year old says "Yea, I hate being shitty."

Anne, Mama to Conner 2/27/04 blahblah.gif  Gabrielle 2/6/06 W/LMC-TCS, Neurogenic Bladder, AFO & KAFO wearer, Neurogenic Bowel energy.gif & Delaney 5/12/08 mischievous.gif &  Beethoven cat.gif& Gizmo cat.gif

#13 of 18 Old 05-31-2010, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevaMajka View Post
hahaha about the "no, it's yucky" lol

drop
I have a hard time with one bathroom sometimes!
It wasn't easy! We had brought and OLD trailer with the goal of fixing it up to move onto land when we got the land (get trailer paid for, then get land, move trailer, pay off land). Well it was in HORRID shape. It wouldn't have been a big deal if we had been on our land. Outside showers, bathing, cooking wouldn't matter and we would have been able to set up a nice area, but we were living in a small trailer park. So it was rough! We stayed in a hotel a few times when it got to be too much (a real shower! and a flushing toilet!)

Julie ~ homesteading, Traditional Catholic, wife to Chip, mom to Angelbaby(4-06), DS (3-07), and DD (11-09).
#14 of 18 Old 06-01-2010, 01:33 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
1. What site(s) do you visit every day? facebook, sadly

2. What did you want to be when you grew up? A doctor, for years and years. I took pre-med reqs in college, but ended up being a music major. I didn't want to teach music, however. Finally I graduated from university and realized I wasn't ever going to go to med school, so I went out and got a crappy job. I regret now that I can't teach music. I think about going back to school. I always thought if I didn't become a doctor I'd regret it for the rest of my life, but I don't.

3. How many individuals live in your house? 4

4. What was the last food you ate? coffee...OK, the last food I ate was ice cream, but that's kind of funny since I rarely eat ice cream since I don't much care for it usually.

5. What food could you eat every day for a month? cereal...not that I love it, but I once ate the same breakfast of bran flakes in reconstituted powdered milk every day for a year

6. Finish this sentence: I wish I were more ______. vocally talented.

7. What makes you proud of yourself? Hmmmm...when I do something I didn't think I'd be able to do.

8. If you could have any super power, what would it be? The ability to travel great distances very quickly. Like apparating or something.

9. Tell us something "surprising" or something we wouldn't know about you. I'm going to China in about 6 weeks.

10. Tell us something funny that your kids (or pets) did or said, that cracked you up. My kids say funny stuff all the time. Yesterday I sang a solo in church and was telling my husband that everyone loved it and my 11 year old said, "How do you know? Did you go up to every single person and ask them if they loved it?"
#15 of 18 Old 06-01-2010, 08:04 PM

1. What site(s) do you visit every day? Facebook, MDC, a bunch of blogs, the Cheezburger Network

2. What did you want to be when you grew up? a veterinarian (a lot of us here, huh?). I'm a wildlife biologist, which is close. I am actually planning to go to vet school in a few years (in New Zealand).

3. How many individuals live in your house? 2 humans, 2 cats, 2 rats, 2 geckos, 2 turtles, an iguana, a bunch of poison dart frogs, an anole, 3 cuban tree frogs and a tank of madagascar hissing cockroaches.

4. What was the last food you ate? I just had some orange cauliflower and potato chips with ranch dip

5. What food could you eat every day for a month? either chocolate or cheese. Probably chocolate

6. Finish this sentence: I wish I were more ______. Healthy

7. What makes you proud of yourself? Being able to work for a full day (at my job and then at home, like, actually making dinner and weeding my garden and going for a walk).

8. If you could have any super power, what would it be? The power to magically heal sick people.

9. Tell us something "surprising" or something we wouldn't know about you. I bear an uncanny resemblance to the cartoon character Daria.

10. Tell us something funny that your kids (or pets) did or said, that cracked you up.My cat went through a phase about a month ago where she would randomly start licking my head in the middle of the night. It was the strangest thing to wake up to in the middle of the night and it kinda hurt. She (or her sister) also randomly stole a sock I'd kicked off in the middle of the night and in the morning, I found it in their water bowl.

Not momma yet, but momma to a ton of furry, scaly, slimy and feathery critters. whale.gifribbongreen.gif
#16 of 18 Old 06-02-2010, 01:59 PM

MDC, e-mail, Fox News, Huffington Post, sometimes GCM.

A nun, a vet, an illustrator for Disney films, a beach bum... I can't remember what else! I grew up watching The Singing Nun, The Flying Nun, The Trouble With Angels and The Sound of Music...I think that's where my fascination with nuns came from. We weren't even Catholic, but I loved nuns!

Two adults, one teenager. My older son lives away now! He only comes home to visit.

Oscar Mayer bologna on Great Harvest Whole Wheat bread...Feingold friendly, but not very organic or crunchy!

PIZZA!!!

Helpful in practical ways.

Getting my library books back to the library ON TIME!

Heal people.

I used to be able to do great backbends!

10. Tell us something funny that your kids (or pets) did or said, that cracked you up. I'll have to think about this one...

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." -Plato
#17 of 18 Old 06-03-2010, 05:35 PM

MDC, e-mail, Blackboard for school. I'm trying to stay far away from Facebook.

A veterinarian or marine biologist

Right now, WAY TOO MANY! Me, hubby, DS, my mom, my dad, dog, cat, anf fish.

A Belgian waffle. My dad made it.

Pickles.

at peace.

my son and my professional accomplishments.

Flight!

I met my husband in first grade.

Oh goodness... there's so much! I'll get back to you.

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer"
#18 of 18 Old 06-06-2010, 05:29 PM

MDC, Hotmail, Facebook, vax sites I use for work

when I was really little I wanted to be an orchestra conductor

nachos

avocado

disciplined

that my kids are so great

the power to take away pain

dunno, I guess the most surprising thing is how mainstream I appear IRL.

one of my boys recently told me he decided to shave his armpits because they were stinky

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page