***October DDC Roster*** Due Dates and Introductions - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-17-2010, 10:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome and to the just added mamas!

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2010, 01:37 PM

Can you please add me?

EDD: 10/8/10

Name: Gen

How long it took to you to get your BFP: We started in September 2009, got pregnant right away but had a m/c at 9 weeks. 2 months later, I was pregnant again !!!

What number child is this for you: #2

Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): Amazing DH and DS is 20 months old

Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): we won't find out but pretty sure it's another boy. The m/s is just as bad as my first pregnancy

Names you like (& are willing to share): I think it will be Olivia for a girl. Don't have a boys name yet.

Birth Plans/Preferences: Hoping for a homebirth
Old 02-17-2010, 02:57 PM

Hello, all! I've been spending time at another board, which, unfortunately, does not carry the same level of insight and intelligence as the women tend to have here. I'm excited to join this club!

EDD: 10/2/10
Name: SouthernBette is fine!
How long it took to you to get your BFP: 1 month
What number child is this for you: 1
Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): DH (29), Pug Sebastian (9), German Shepherd Dax (11-12? We adopted him after the cops got done using him to do their bidding. He is the joy of our lives!)
Baby's Sex (hopes or guesses): I FEEL that I am having a girl, and that is my hope!
Names you like (& are willing to share): I love gender neutral names, and my DH's middle name is Graham, which we like for a girl or a boy.
Birth Plans/Preferences: I wanted a home birth, but my stupid town does not offer anyone to accommodate these wishes. I'm still trying to figure it all out.
Blog, website or the like: http://betteandbunny.blogspot.com
Anything else you'd like to share: I'm about to complete my Ph.D. in Textual Studies in May--the dissertation is done!!!--and I've been trying like crazy to find a job. Nothing ever panned out, and I was having some major depression...and...then...BFP! It was an incredible surprise and while I am not religious, I am spiritual, and I feel like the universe has aligned for us. We are vegetarian and plan to raise our baby the same. We love music, and my musician DH has already been making up a baby mix for the child's room. His favorite baby mood music: Mogwai. Mine: Bon Iver. Check them out.

I'm a professor and a domestic goddess married to my ideal mate. We are living in bliss with our new baby girl, Rowan Graham, born October 8, 2010.
Old 02-17-2010, 03:19 PM

EDD: 10/8/10 but I doubt that will actually happen, I am thinking more like mid October

Name: Bre

How long it took to you to get your BFP: I am actually in shock about this. I had my first PP period Jan 1st. I kept telling my husband "let's just do what we do and let it happen when it happens". I really did not think it would happen so fast. I still cannot believe it is real!

Family: Wonderful husband and amazing 13 month old daughter, I never realized how much you can love someone until I met her!

Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): I have no idea yet. I am hoping for a girl so Ellery can have a sister but I will be happy with a boy too. I just want a big chunky healthy baby.

Names you like (& are willing to share): Not sure yet. I love Willow for a girl and Desmond for a boy but my husband has made it pretty clear those are not options haha

Birth Plans/Preferences: I would LOVE to have a homebirth but I am not sure if I can or not. I still have some thinking to do and some interviewing. I hope I can be brave and go for a homebirth though.

Congrats to all you other Mommas! I can't wait to see what is in store for all of us! I still cannot believe this is real

Waiting, not so patiently, to meet our new addition this October
Old 02-18-2010, 12:41 AM

Okay, I will VERY tentatively join:

* EDD:10-16-10
* What number child is this for you: 4
* Birth Plans/Preferences: trusting God for another UP/UC
* Anything else you'd like to share: I miscarried in Dec @12wks and suffered from low progesterone afterward. I'm now using progesterone cream to help this babe stick. I never joined my DDC last time, the pregnancy felt all wrong from the beginning, but I don't' have bad feelings about this one so hopefully I'll be staying here for the next 8mo

Krista; blessed mother to four earthly beings and three non-physical. Basking in my beautiful rainbow. 

Old 02-18-2010, 01:31 AM

* EDD: 10/25/10
* Name: P&C
* How long it took to you to get your BFP: Not as long as I thought it would, about 2 months!
* What number child is this for you: #1
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): DH and 1 lovely 5 yr old lab mix "puppy" named Una
* Baby's Sex (hopes or guesses): Boy....from a dream I had two years ago
* Names you like (& are willing to share): Not Yet! Still trying to accept we received a BFP this month!!! I learned SO MUCH from this and other forums....for being a midwife I was pretty naive about pre-conception and fertility issues! But I am happy to report that, in general, the process works!
* Birth Plans/Preferences: Homebirth with fellow midwives--Trying to stay out of my head and in my heart for the preg. and birth.
* Blog, website or the like: Hmmmm...not a bad idea!
* Anything else you'd like to share: I am a nurse midwife working in a pretty progressive birth center having my first baby. I am so excited to experience pregnancy and labor/birth for myself. Knowing and seeing so much (and continuing to work through the preg), I hope to allow nature to work it's magic without much 2nd guessing or analytical brain chatter. I hope to just BE pregnant (and truly enjoy all the joy of the experience without much complaint) and to just labor and birth my child. Preg/Birth happens and our "job" is to be open to allow it!
Old 02-18-2010, 01:37 AM

Congratulations SouthernBette! I and my honey are veggie, too! With nuts, beans, tofu, and eggs (I am not vegan but try not to eat a lot of cheese) I am not worried about protein or iron levels this preg. I am so glad there is another veggie in the group!
Old 02-18-2010, 02:43 AM
ATP

* EDD: 10/10/10 (woo!)
* Name: Adenosine
* How long it took to you to get your BFP:4 months
* What number child is this for you:2
My daughter is 20 months old, and this will be my last pregnancy. We're very excited.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:59 PM - Thread Starter

Updated to here!

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

Old 02-18-2010, 01:01 PM

Primrose: We are the same way--not vegan--though I must say that having horrible morning sickness has made me nearly vegan! I can barely eat anything beyond fruit, applesauce, and animal crackers without getting sick. I'll be glad when this stage passes. I feel a little guilty and hope my baby is getting what he/she needs. (Not because of the vegetarianism but because I am so sick and finicky right now!) Great to meet you here!

I'm a professor and a domestic goddess married to my ideal mate. We are living in bliss with our new baby girl, Rowan Graham, born October 8, 2010.
Old 02-18-2010, 03:36 PM

please add me.

* EDD: October 27, 2010 based on online calculators. That's 2 days after our anniversary.
* Name: Jenn
* How long it took to you to get your BFP: We started trying August 2009.
* What number child is this for you: Number 2.
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): The hubby - Mike. The Boy - David. Four spoiled rotten kitties; Duncan (5), Gawain (5), Amelia (2.5) and Amber (2). Wow...lots of cats.
* Baby's Sex (hopes or guesses): Boy. I usually suck at guessing. lol
* Names you like (& are willing to share): Jude for a boy and Morgann for a girl.
* Birth Plans/Preferences: Homebirth.
* Blog, website or the like: http://funkylittleearthchild.blogspot.com
* Anything else you'd like to share: Thank you, God.

Jenn treehugger.gifmama to Monkeylearning.gifSquishyenergy.gif& Riverangel1.gif(8wks)Wife to Mikejog.gif See you at the rainbow1284.gif Bridge, Abigael cat.gifand McKenna dog2.gifgd.gifnamaste.giffamilybed2.gifbellyhair.gifcaffix.gifcrochetsmilie.gifom.gifknit.gifcomputergeek2.gif

Old 02-18-2010, 06:42 PM

Please add me!
* EDD: October 9th, according to the 40-week standard, but I won't consider myself due until 10/31.
* Name: Heinleinesque (if you're curious, it's pronounced hine-line-ess-k)
* How long it took to you to get your BFP: What's a BFP?! All these acronyms are so confusing!
* What number child is this for you: #1
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): Partnered, 1 dog, 1 cat
* Baby's Sex (hopes or guesses): I'd prefer if the baby had only one sex but only because life would be very difficult for hir otherwise.
* Names you like (& are willing to share): If it's a boy, he'll be named after my partner. If it's a girl...?
* Birth Plans/Preferences: My partner won't even consider a home birth, so I'll be looking for a natural birthing center.
* Anything else you'd like to share: I'm new at this... please be patient!
Old 02-18-2010, 11:14 PM
SFB

EDD: October 21
Name: Sandra
How long it took you to get your BFP: Surprise
What number child is this for you: #3. I also had an ectopic pregnancy in 2005.
Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): DH-Married 10 years, DD1 is 3 1/2, DD2 is 1 1/2, 2 cats.
Baby's Sex (hopes or guesses): Not yet.
Names you like (& are willing to share): No idea.
Birth Plans/Preferences: VBAC
Blog, website or the like: Nope

Sandra.  Married to Scott since 9-00.  Mom to Erika 7-06, Ava 8-08 and Lukas 10-10.  hbac.gif novaxnocirc.gifcd.gif femalesling.GIF winner.jpg familybed1.gif
Old 02-18-2010, 11:14 PM

EDD: it's looking like late Oct.
Name: nikkihoi or Nicole
How long it took to you to get your BFP: Not long
What number child is this for you: 2
Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): DH, DS- 2.5, 1 kitty
Baby's Sex (hopes or guesses): don't care, just healthy
Names you like (& are willing to share): no thoughts as of yet
Birth Plans/Preferences: not sure
Blog, website or the like:
Anything else you'd like to share: I just POAS late this morning and I'm a bit in shock. Happy but in shock. DH and I have been debating having a 2nd after a challenging couple of years with our LO. We both wanted to have another but we've been afraid if we could handle it. We decided to go for it and presto, here I am. I still can't believe it.

SAHM and loving it with DH, DS (8/4/2007) and DS (10/10/2010)
Old 02-19-2010, 12:35 AM

Please add me! Thanks!

EDD: 10/26/2010
Name: huggingmama
How long it took to you to get your BFP: Second month of really trying
Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): me, DH, DS (4)
Baby's Sex (hopes or guesses): don't care! just happy and healthy!
Names you like (& are willing to share): still debating
Birth Plans/Preferences: VBAC, in a hospital. Just started with a new midwife practice in the fall. Had 30 hrs natural labor with a doula last time before I had to have an emergency C-section--I was/am so sad about this. But I'm hopeful for a VAC this time!
Anything else you'd like to share: Trying to figure out how to eat well this pregnancy while doing a low-carb vegetarian diet. (I had GD last time so I'm going to monitor my sugar levels unofficially for the first part of my pregnancy. We'll see if I get it again this time.)

There's me, DH, and the little guy (8/05). Expecting another little one 10/10! Hoping for a .
Old 02-20-2010, 01:22 PM

please add me.

* EDD: October 26, 2010 .
* Name: Meaghan
* How long it took to you to get your BFP: first month trying
* What number child is this for you: 2nd
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): Matthew (husband) Sheamus (18mo), Casper and Ivy (cats)
* Baby's Sex (hopes or guesses): No hunch yet. Won't find out.
* Names you like (& are willing to share): Rory, Finn (have a super hard time coming up with girls' names... will be checking out others' suggestions! )
* Birth Plans/Preferences: Homebirth, hopefully with same midwife from last time.
* Blog, website or the like: May update later... blog currently neglected.
* Anything else you'd like to share: I'm sending good hopeful vibes to the little one.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:55 PM

EDD: mid-October
Name: Macy
How long it took to you to get your BFP: second month
What number child is this for you: 1st
Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): Troy (husband)
Baby's Sex (hopes or guesses): I think it will be a boy.
Birth Plans/Preferences: Hospital
Old 02-21-2010, 10:06 PM - Thread Starter

Updated to here!!!

Old 02-22-2010, 06:22 AM

ihjn

Nadine
Expecting #1 October 7, 2010
Old 02-22-2010, 03:07 PM

Please Add Me!!!

* EDD: I *think* October 25th!!
* Name: Rachel
* How long it took to you to get your BFP: 1 month... I got my period once after having DS2 and got pregnant Same thing happened after DS1....
* What number child is this for you: 3
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): My darling husband is Daymon and we have 2 boys Trevor (22 months) and Trenton (8 months). We also have a little pekingese named Cupcake.
* Baby's Sex (hopes or guesses): HOPING for a girl
* Names you like (& are willing to share): Teagen Rose hopefully... or Travis Ryder for a boy
* Birth Plans/Preferences: For medical reasons I will be having another c/s... unfortunate but it is what it is.
* Anything else you'd like to share: Hmm... I am super nervous about having 3 kids under 3!! My oldest will be pretty much exactly 2.5 and the younger will be 16 months... I am hoping Trevor becomes miracle boy and potty learns but I am preparing myself to have 3 in diapers...

Rachel, proud Army wife to my superhero.gif and SAHM to my crazy boys jumpers.gif... Trevor 4/08, Trenton 6/09 and Travis 10/10
Old 02-22-2010, 05:12 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
* EDD: October 10, 2010
* Name: Celeste
* How long it took to you to get your BFP: We weren't exactly trying
* What number child is this for you: Number 4.
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): DH 32, DD 5, DD 2.5, DS 7 1/2 months.
* Baby's Sex (hopes or guesses): A boy.....I would like to make it even with two boys and two girls.
* Birth Plans/Preferences: UP/UC

Happily married and unschooling 5 kiddos. Oct. 2004, July, 2007, July, 2009, Oct. 2010, Nov. 2012 
Old 02-22-2010, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBette View Post
We love music, and my musician DH has already been making up a baby mix for the child's room. His favorite baby mood music: Mogwai. Mine: Bon Iver. Check them out.
SouthernBette, I just saw your post here... as Bon Iver is playing in the background. Love it!

There's me, DH, and the little guy (8/05). Expecting another little one 10/10! Hoping for a .
Old 02-23-2010, 12:21 AM

EDD: October 10, 2010

Name: Virgo

How long it took to you to get your BFP: 1st month of NOT trying.

What number child is this for you: 1

Family: DH of 4 years

Baby's Sex (hopes or guesses): I don't know why but I'm guessing twin boys (although twins don't run in either of our families).

Birth Plans/Preferences: Still deciding (hope to learn pros and cons of different options from you ladies).

*** 5 **** 10 **** 15 **** 20 **** 25 **** 30 **** 35 * * * 40
Old 02-23-2010, 07:37 PM

* EDD: October 30, 2010
* Name: Nikki
* How long it took to you to get your BFP: 6 months
* What number child is this for you: #3 (3rd child, 4th pregnancy)
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): 2 boys ages 6 and 3
* Baby's Sex (hopes or guesses): a girl would be fun, but I love my boys so another boy would be great too!!
* Names you like (& are willing to share): Anna for a girl...Nicholas for a boy
* Birth Plans/Preferences: repeat c-section (tried for a VBAC with baby #2 but unfortunately it didn't work)

Nikki
Mom to my boys A (6), J (4), and my baby girl A (10/25/10)
Old 02-23-2010, 08:05 PM

Can you change my due date to 10/10/10? Just had my appt and we have a fun new due date!

Happily married, crunchy mama crazy in love with our little man, Bam bam (10/5/10) due aug 2014 with our rainbow bean missing our 3 angel babies (9/09, 7/12, 12/12)
Old 02-24-2010, 02:33 PM

Hi everyone!
I just got a BFP this morning

EDD: late October
Name: April
How long it took to you to get your BFP: we weren't trying
What number child is this for you: 3
Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): Married to my dh since 2004, Big Red is almost 4 and Little Z is almost 18 months
Baby's Sex (hopes or guesses): maybe a girl???
Names you like (& are willing to share): If it is a girl Anna, if it's a boy - no clue!
Birth Plans/Preferences: Home birth with midwives
Anything else you'd like to share: We were going to try in April/May for our 3rd. My cycles had been really strange since returning when Z was 11 months so when I finally looked at the calendar and realized I was on day 34/35 today so I took a test out of pure curiosity. And boy was I surprised! Best kind of surprise!!!

April thankful mommy to my boys Big Red 3/06 Little Z 9/08 and happily awaiting the arrival of 10/10 :
Old 02-24-2010, 04:12 PM - Thread Starter

Updated to here (and moved you, Dirkey! Yay for the fun due date!).

Welcome, everyone!!!

Old 02-24-2010, 07:42 PM

EDD: (or, "early/mid/late October, if you prefer! Unless someone objects, October 1-10 will be early October, 11-20 will be mid-October, and 21-31 will be late October)
October 24
Name: (whatever you would like to be called or like us to know) Kendra
How long it took to you to get your BFP: wasn't planned
What number child is this for you: 4
Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): married to Jon, daughter Grace, sons Christopher and Aaron
Baby's Sex (hopes or guesses): we don't care
Names you like (& are willing to share):
Birth Plans/Preferences: hoping for a homebirth
Anything else you'd like to share:
Old 02-24-2010, 09:28 PM

EDD: official due date is Oct. 19th, but I'm expecting to go in late Oct./early Nov.
Name: Jessica
How long it took to you to get your BFP: we weren't trying or preventing lol
What number child is this for you: #1!!!
Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): DF Caleb
Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): I'm thinking boy, but don't care as long as she/he is healthy!
Names you like (& are willing to share): Judah, Nathanael, Isaiah, Miriam, Shiloh
Birth Plans/Preferences: definitely a homebirth~maybe a waterbirth

We are so excited to be parents! I've been mothering pregnant mamma's for 3 years now, and am so thrilled to finally be experiencing pregnancy myself!

Proud wife to my handsome husband partners.gif Malachi David (2010) and Jeremiah Daniel (2012) joined our family via two lovely homebirths. Rainbow.gif Doula for 7 years and now finally an apprentice midwife! bellycast.gif 

bfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifnovaxnocirc.gifcd.giffemalesling.GIF

Old 02-24-2010, 09:53 PM

Ladies, I'm back!!! PLEASE (RE)ADD ME!

EDD: 11/6 going by O date, so probably Halloween knowing how last DD arrived! So hopefully you'll let me straddle both DDCs for sentimental reasons

Name: Hannah

How long it took to you to get your BFP: 6 cycles since we decided to TTC #2, but 2 cycles of actual trying (first TTC cycle was a chemical pg, so I'm really really hoping for a sticky bean this time)

What number child is this for you: 2

Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): DH, DD (3/07) , and a sweet, silly dog

Baby's Sex (hopes or guesses): No idea! Timing would favor a boy, but who knows...

Names you like (& are willing to share): Let's get out of the limbo land and have a sticky baby first please!

Birth Plans/Preferences: I'll go to my OB for the first trimester, because she happily orders all the blood tests and ultrasounds that I need to keep sane, and after my first tri, I'll either transfer to the local hospital's midwifery group or one of our three area homebirth midwives. Leaning toward homebirth. DD's birth was a natural birth but in the hospital, and it won't be my first choice to repeat that.

Blog, website or the like: Nope, I'm not that prolific

Anything else you'd like to share: I'm so so so so nervous after last month's early loss...I don't know how I'm going to keep from going crazy Also, I'm still nursing my nearly 3yo DD...wondering how that will go with pregnancy!

Looking forward to (hopefully) spending the next 9ish months with you ladies!!!

DD March 2007...happily nursing, EC graduated, family-bed-sharing family... expecting another in early November!

User Tag List