***October DDC Roster*** Due Dates and Introductions - Page 8 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#211 of 236 Old 04-14-2010, 11:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
EDD: October 7th,2010 as of right now, may change when I get an ultrasound

Name:Nicole

How long it took to you to get your BFP: I wasn't done peeing on the stick and it turned bright blue, but apparently I was already over 2 months, ohhhhh, you are asking something else aren't you? lol

What number child is this for you:my 6th child, I have had 5 boys, one of my sons died 6 years ago, and I have also had 2 second trimester miscarriages.

Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): I am single, divorced and have 4 boys at home. I work my tail off, go to school for my Bachelor degree in Science of Health, and noooooo pets!!! ( I am a little ocd about animal hair, ok maybe more than a little, my poor kids!!!!!!)

Baby's Sex (hopes or guesses): I truly believe this is a girl. NOTHING is like any of my other pregnancies. Heck, I didnt even know I was pregnant. I still was doubting it up until today when I felt the baby move!!!

Names you like (& are willing to share): I have my names picked out, not sharing yet

Birth Plans/Preferences: I soooo want a homebirth. The closest home birthing midwife is in Ithaca over an hour away, and my last 2 births were under an hour so looks like I am stuck in a hospital

Blog, website or the like: Im on face book. here is the link http://www.facebook.com/fairyanna76?ref=profile

Anything else you'd like to share:sure, wanna help with my homework? pretty please???????

A single mom, a student, and an aspiring midwife. Due with number 6 November 13th edd
#212 of 236 Old 04-20-2010, 03:10 AM

Hi everyone!

EDD: 10/14/2010

Name: Shannon

How long it took to get a BFP: 2 years more or less

What Child is this for me: Number 2

Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): Husband, 3.5 year-old daughter, 2 cats, and a Dog

Baby's Sex (hopes or guesses):Not sure... Husband and daughter both think it will be another girl. It will be a surprise, no matter what.

Baby Names: Working on a list... some already discouraged by sharing so think I will wait.

Birth Plans/Prefs: I am looking forward to a second home birth, in a big tub. Would not want to do it without water. Made the first labor and delivery much more comfortable!
#213 of 236 Old 04-25-2010, 03:02 PM

Hey all, I was on these boards with my first pregnancy, it's nice to have a more crunchy, less judgy pregnancy board to check in with...

EDD: 10/1/2010 - I'm not super-positive, but I know it's somewhere in the end of Sept/early Oct. My "official" date is 10/6, which is definitely a week late, but I wasn't going to correct them!
How long it took to get a BFP: Um, literally a week - we decided we'd be okay getting pg again, and did quite quickly
What Child is this for me: #2
Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): Husband and 2-yr-old son, and a grouchy cat
Baby's Sex (hopes or guesses): It'd be nice to have a girl - I grew up with all sisters, and it'd be nice to have one of each! I think we will wait until they come out this time...
Baby Names: We're narrowing it down! But will have 2-3 possibilities going into the birth.
Birth Plans/Prefs: I'm planning a VBAC with a midwife group in a hospital - IL is super-crappy for homebirth/birth center options. Still need to find a doula!
#214 of 236 Old 04-25-2010, 03:56 PM

Hello All. I've been posting, but never officially introduced myself

EDD: 10/28
What # child: number 1!
How long before BFP: well, it depends on the definition of 'trying'. off pill=14 months; random sex on weekends around when ovulation may be happening = 8 months; real counting, purchase of ovulation test strips, DH buy-in = 3 months; getting militant on his ass () = 1 month

Family: awesome husband, two adorable cats

Baby's sex (hopes/guesses): will be happy with either, but feeling girl recently
Baby names: cannot discuss at this time
Birth plans: midwife in birthing center

joy.gifhappy wife to dh and loving mom to dd (1yr) with another little one on the way in July!!

#215 of 236 Old 04-27-2010, 07:21 PM

Hi all! Another late addition here... (But no less excited to be pregnant!)

EDD: 10/10/10

Name: Bess

How long it took to you to get your BFP: Several months

What number child is this for you: Second

Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): Wonderful DH, DS (28 months old), my younger sister living in our refurbished upstairs, and several great cats (2 upstairs and 3 down!)

Baby's Sex (hopes or guesses): Really hoping for a girl but bracing myself for a boy. Really, as long as it's healthy, I know it won't really matter!

Names you like (& are willing to share): Still thinking about that...

Birth Plans/Preferences: VBAC!

Anything else you'd like to share: Nervous and excited about having a toddler and a newborn. Whew! It's gonna be some ride.

Lovin' up my Solstice son b. 12/07 and my HBAC Autumn daughters b. 10/10 and 9/12!

#216 of 236 Old 04-28-2010, 09:13 AM - Thread Starter

Updated to here!

Welcome, everyone! I have to say I love this DDC. I think it's the bees knees (and I'm not biased just because I'm part of it).

P.S. Sorry for being a slacker on updating to include the new additions!

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

#217 of 236 Old 04-30-2010, 11:53 PM

* EDD: October 29, 2010 (I'm thinking this'll probably be a Nov babe, though)
* Name: Jessika
* What number child is this for you:#3
* Family: DH (Turbo), DD1 (Codi, 5), DD2 (Kayce, 21m)
* Baby's Sex (hopes or guesses) think it's going to be another girl. Turbo and Codi are wanting a boy.
* Names you like (& are willing to share): Colton or Clayton for a boy. Don't have a girl name picked out yet.
* Birth Plans/Preferences:UC, just like Kayce's
* Anything else you'd like to share:hoping this baby's as 'easy' as the other 2!

Jessika, wife to Turbo, mommy to Codi (12/04), Kayce (8/08), Colten (10/10), and a new little stork-suprise.gif coming 12/13 .

#218 of 236 Old 05-16-2010, 08:17 PM

I hope I'm not too late in joining. I just want to introduce myself and hope to get to know you ladies better in the remaining months.

EDD: late October, Oct 21st
Name: Renee
How long it took to you to get your BFP: 8 months
What number child is this for you: 2
Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): DH(V) and DS(Amari) turning 4 in sept, no pets
Baby's Sex (hopes or guesses): Our little princess
Birth Plans/Preferences: All Natural, water birth at a birthing center or at home

Married to an amazing soldier in the Army for 7 months. Blessed with an amazing 3 year old son and expecting our little and hoping for a vbac or hbac!!
#219 of 236 Old 05-18-2010, 09:45 AM

Finally officially coming out of lurkdom to add myself:

* EDD: Oct. 24
* How long it took to you to get your BFP: big suprise
* What number child is this for you:#4
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): 3 daughters and a kittycat
* Baby's Sex (hopes or guesses): hoping for another girl but Im leaning towards boy.
* Names you like (& are willing to share): those are always a secret... but so far I only have a girl name picked out.
* Birth Plans/Preferences: home birth with CNM
#220 of 236 Old 05-18-2010, 12:59 PM

Catherine, DH and DS kid.gif Dylan Michael, born 9/23/10 
#221 of 236 Old 05-20-2010, 04:51 PM

EDD: 10/23/10
Name: Pamela
How long it took you to get your BFP: Got lucky on our 1st month trying
What number child is this for you: #3
Family: DH, DD 16, DS 21 months
Baby's Sex (hopes or guesses): Pretty sure it is a girl
Names you like (& are willing to share): Would appreciate any ideas for Italian girl names
Birth Plans/Preferences: My third C-section
#222 of 236 Old 05-31-2010, 10:51 AM

EDD: My guess due date came up as October 5 (Sonogram Oct 7) *that is reassuring)
Name: Tabitha Bernhardt
BFP: I don't like to say "accident", how about surprise! Wasn't absolutely sure about LMP.
What number child is this for you: My son will be 8 in August
Family : Married, 8 yr old son, hubbie's 23 yo daughter is living with us again.
Baby's Sex: Girl.
Names:Talia Kay
Birth Plans/Preferences: Homebirth. I had son C-section and don't have insurance, so HB it is for a bunch of reasons. Namely I don't want people pacing around my bed with a scalpel watching their watches.
Blog, website or the like: little bit on facebook
Anything else you'd like to share: I will go into it later. I have mostly been lurking between the September and October DDC club.
#223 of 236 Old 06-03-2010, 09:40 AM - Thread Starter

Updated to here!

... and, sorry for the delay. Welcome to the new mamas!

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

#224 of 236 Old 06-05-2010, 01:25 PM

EDD: 10/19/10
Name: Chandra
How long it took to you to get your BFP: This one was a bit of a surprise...
What number child is this for you: 2
Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): Hubby, 2 year old son, 2 dogs
Baby's Sex (hopes or guesses): U/S says a girl, but I'll believe it when I meet her
Birth Plans/Preferences: Hoping for Hypnobabies birth, with a doula, compassionate OB at hospital attached birth center
Anything else you'd like to share: Happy to be here and hoping to make friends.

CMA

Mama to Ryan (03/23/08) and Baby Sister (EDD 10/19/10). Co sleeping, extended breastfeeding, delayed vaccinating, baby wearing, cloth diapering attached family.
#225 of 236 Old 06-10-2010, 12:42 PM

EDD: 10/02/10
Name: Aneta
What number child: #3
Family: Hubby, DD1-3, DD2-18mo.
Baby's sex: waiting to be surprised!
Names: if boy- Mathias Andrew, if girl- Alina Victoria
Birth Plans/Preferences: natural in a hospital with a midwife, right now not sure if I'll have anybody attending because hubby's job changed insurance companies and the new one didn't enroll anybody due to "unforseen problems" (translation: they didn't do their job on time) so I'm uninsured with a irrate midwife because I had to cancel prenatal appts since I can't pay for them. sorry for the rant.
Thank you for a chance to intro myself.
Update: We finally got the insurance thing straightened out. It turned out my old mw at the hosp. doesn't take this new insurance but a homebirth mw I found in WV does. We really like her. So we are planning our first homebirth. I think all this fuss with the new insurance was a blessing afterall.

Wife to Daryl 5/98, Mama to Eve 2/07, Lilie 11/08 and Victoria 10/10 --- Our First Water Homebirth. New blessing, Mathias, arrived 8/12 --- Our Second WaterHomebirth. Waiting to welcome baby #5 in May 2014.

#226 of 236 Old 06-13-2010, 10:21 PM

EDD: Late October/early November
Name: Pea
How long it took to you to get your BFP: First time's a charm
What number child is this for you: #2
Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): DH, 19-month-old DS (Nov. '08), two sweet chihuahuas
Baby's Sex (hopes or guesses): I really don't care.
Names you like (& are willing to share): It's a secret, sorry!
Birth Plans/Preferences: Homebirth, just like last time.
Blog, website or the like: PM me for a link (it's commercial)
Anything else you'd like to share: Not much--just super excited to add another little one to the family.

Loving wife partners.gif and mama to my sweet little son coolshine.gif (Fall 2008) and a beautiful baby girl babyf.gif(Fall 2010)

When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty. --George Bernard Shaw

#227 of 236 Old 06-29-2010, 07:23 AM

EDD: October 2nd
Name: Jamie
How long it took to you to get your BFP: My husband and I tried for three years to get pregnant. I had all but given up. I was not going to use fertility treatment. If it was ment to be it was ment to be. Then after one weekend and a few weeks later I have my first postive test. I almost didn't belive it! It was dreamlike.
What number child is this for you: first
Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): My household includes two dogs, two cats, and a wonderful husbandBaby's Sex (hopes or guesses): We are having a boy, we just couldn't wait!
Names you like (& are willing to share): Xander ApolloBirth Plans/Preferences: I'm planning a home waterbirth, that's kindof why I joined this site in hopes to get some postive feedback on home birth. I have had a wide range of responses to my decision some not so postive. I feel in my heart that I'm making the right choice. My husband was the one who said we should look into it. He has been very supportive.
Blog, website or the like: ?
Anything else you'd like to share: ?
#228 of 236 Old 07-05-2010, 10:04 PM

EDD: 10/25/2010
Name: Moe
How long it took to you to get your BFP: about 4 months
What number child is this for you: our first
Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): I have been married to my best friend for 12 years!
Baby's Sex: It's a Boy!
Names you like (& are willing to share): Michael Foster Benjamin
Birth Plans/Preferences: Homebirth
Blog, website or the like:
Anything else you'd like to share: Looking forward to meeting like minded parents.

Moewinner.jpg
#229 of 236 Old 07-08-2010, 09:33 AM - Thread Starter

Updated to here!

Welcome to all the new members! I may be biased, but this DDC is the best.

#230 of 236 Old 07-20-2010, 05:23 PM

EDD: Late October
Name: Ladyjade
How long it took to you to get your BFP: about 6 or 7 months
What number child is this for you: first
Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): DH of 8 yrs, a yorkie, a border collie and a jenday conure
Baby's Sex (hopes or guesses): BOY
Birth Plans/Preferences: Looks like its going to be HB with MW and doula
Blog, website or the like:
Anything else you'd like to share: Have spent the last few months on the WTE forums, feeling like a freak. This feels like home. Get used to me. Going to be here awhile

Mod: Add me!
#231 of 236 Old 07-20-2010, 05:33 PM

Welcome LadyJade!
I know the feeling of having found MDC to be your new home! I didnt find MDC until DD was 5 weeks old, and felt like a freak amongst all my mummy friends IRL.

You'll love it here and fit right in I'm sure

Mama to DD Feb '08 (9lbs), DS Oct '10 (10lbs) hbac.gif, DD Jan '13 hbac.gif

#232 of 236 Old 08-11-2010, 10:02 PM

Joining a little late....

EDD: 10/4/10
Name: Laura
How long it took to you to get your BFP: what is BFP?
What number child is this for you: 3
Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): husband Jose, kids Adela (almost 8) and Lucas (6).
Baby's Sex (hopes or guesses): no idea- think it might be a girl for some reason
Names you like (& are willing to share): Ray for a boy (after Jose's uncle), Lily or Lydia or Sara or Mae or who knows what for a girl (we can't decide!).
Birth Plans/Preferences: planning a home birth for the first time!
Blog, website or the like: none- I'm not very techy
Anything else you'd like to share: I love MDC...wish I had more time to spend here!

Laura- Wife to Jose, Mami to Adela (9/02) reading.gif, Lucas (2/04) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, and Ray (10/10) baby.gif.

#233 of 236 Old 08-17-2010, 06:56 PM

So much for my predictions! I was all set to have another late term baby, probably in early October, but no, I have a preemie instead.

Christopher W., despite my predictions, was born in the wee hours of Monday morning, via c-section due to placenta previa and PROM. It was a crazy ride, and very disorienting, but he's here now, and we're both doing fine.
#234 of 236 Old 09-19-2010, 10:34 PM

EDD: Oct 27
Name: Melissa
How long it took to you to get your BFP: Surprise!
What number child is this for you: #2
Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): DH, 20-month-old DD
Baby's Sex (hopes or guesses): It's a boy!
Names you like (& are willing to share): I'll tell you when he's born
Birth Plans/Preferences: Homebirth, assisted by midwife + doula if they get here in time! (I went FAST with DD1)
#235 of 236 Old 10-03-2010, 02:37 PM

UPDATE

EDD: Oct 4th
Name: Cierra
How long it took to you to get your BFP:Well me and now DH were pretty serious from the beginning and we both knew the outcome of not using any protection and one day about 6 months in we had a talk and said you know at this rate we're gonna have a baby.. we both giggled and said yessss. he's 10 years older than me, so he's wanted a baby for a long time now, and just never was with the right person so yay me January was our first test and first positive!!
What number child is this for you: 1
Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): DH as of June 29,2010 and spoiled rotten Min Pin
Baby's Sex (hopes or guesses): Girl
Names you like (& are willing to share): Emma Bailey
Birth Plans/Preferences: Hoping for an all natural water birth at the birth center
Anything else you'd like to share:Hoping she comes soooooon, so we don't have to be induced and can have the birth we've been planning.

I am a SAHM to a 21 mo and number 2 due sometime in January smile.gifhippie.giftreehugger.gifgoorganic.jpg sewmachine.gif caffix.gif

My hubby and I are madly in lovepartners.gif and loving the life we are creating.
Baby love born naturally 10.14.10  familybed1.gif  ecbaby2.gif saynovax.gif slinggirl.gifcd.gif bfinfant.gif
#236 of 236 Old 10-24-2010, 02:39 PM

HI!
EDD: Oct 30th
Name: Stacy
How long did it take to get a BFP: we got pregnant right away, then m/c, and then got pregnant with this babe directly after that-not even a cycle in between.
Number child: #2 (I have a DD who is 3.5)
Baby's Gender: Girl!
Birth Plans: Planning homebirth #2!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page