Worried: +on digi, - on dr.'s urine test, waiting till Monday for blood results - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 18 Old 01-22-2010, 03:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I also posted this in TTC and the Sept. DDC... I'm just searching for people who have had + on home HTP and - on dr.'s pee test, but go on to have healthy pregnancies....

------

So, of course this is how it is. Because I tested too early, and because I just don't get to have things be straight forward, even when I get a positive digi.

I'm so upset, you guys. I held my pee all morning, and it was - at the doctor's today. They still did the blood quant because the admitted it was still early for their tests to pick up HCG....

but then the nurse practitioner who saw me said (when I asked her why I would get a positive digi and a negative in their office) that "pregnancy tests can pick up two types of hormones, the other one is LH."

OMG. Is she kidding? This must be a joke. I wanted to punch her. And lecture her.

I'm definitely down off my BFP high.

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

#2 of 18 Old 01-22-2010, 03:58 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Oh Lindsay...I'm sorry! That really is a bummer! I have not ever been to a Dr. that soon for a test, so I have no clue. That sucks that you have to wait til Monday to get blood results.
I will say though, that I dont' think I've ever heard of a false + on a digi HPT.
I will be thinking of you and I'm sorry you are going through this!

Life is to be enjoyed...not just endured!
#3 of 18 Old 01-22-2010, 04:10 PM

I don't think it's true that HPTs pick up LH. According to peeonastick.com OPKs pick up either hCG or LH, but HPTs only pick up hCG. http://www.peeonastick.com/opkhpt.html

Have you taken other pregnancy tests besides the digi? I've heard that the pee tests at doctor's offices generally aren't nearly as sensitive as the early result ones you get at home. for you.

And I know it's going to be a long weekend...

Andrea...wife, SAHM to 3.5 yo DS and 1 yo DD.

#4 of 18 Old 01-22-2010, 04:51 PM

I am sorry you are going through this! I think I is true that digitals test for something else but didn't think it was LH. Go to www.peeonastick.com and read the section about the truth about digitals.

If I were you I would try a line test too. I used $tree for both pregnancies. They are super sensitive and in my experience (2 pregnancies a few scares and about 50 tests) are very accurate!

Good luck!
#5 of 18 Old 01-22-2010, 08:16 PM - Thread Starter

Headed out to dinner but just wanted to update: The FRER is blaringly positive. Take that, stupid nurse.

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

#6 of 18 Old 01-22-2010, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndzies View Post
Headed out to dinner but just wanted to update: The FRER is blaringly positive. Take that, stupid nurse.

im happy that you have some peace of mind. what a scary moment that must have been..but ARG that a nurse would be so nasty!

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#7 of 18 Old 01-22-2010, 08:36 PM

Awesome.

I think you should complain to the Dr. office the next time you are there and tell them how distressed that nurse made you feel and that they should educate their staff!

Molly - Hard working mama to DD 06/06 , #2 9/2010!
#8 of 18 Old 01-22-2010, 08:39 PM

Fantastic!!!! Whew! Load off your mind I am sure. Have a good weekend babe!

wild.gifCrazy Chef-in-training baking wife(27) of geek.gif (32) mother of 2 energy.gif 11-21-03 & 9 - 13 - 07

#9 of 18 Old 01-22-2010, 08:53 PM

That's excellent news. Congratulations.
#10 of 18 Old 01-22-2010, 10:17 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
That's great news!!

Life is to be enjoyed...not just endured!
#11 of 18 Old 01-23-2010, 12:31 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone! Yes, I was very relieved to come home, drop my pants, and minutes later see this staring back at me.

All doubt is gone, and DP is rejoicing w/ me, finally. I still have two digis and a FRER to pee on! Whatever shall I do? Hmmmm... maybe just keep peeing on them. *giggle*

Thank you all for your support!

#12 of 18 Old 01-23-2010, 03:12 AM

now THAT'S a line!

Midwife apprentice and mama to 6, including three UC babies: Jude River, 06/04/08, Alora Wren Isolde, 9/27/10, and our newest addition, Ailish Brynn Elspeth, 6/12/14!
#13 of 18 Old 01-23-2010, 03:20 AM

I had the EXACT same thing happen to me. I had a positive digital test and a negative at the doctor. Then I went home (just like you) and did a FRER and it was positive. So - it happened to me and I was most definitely pregnant. My blood test came back positive the next day and I so wanted to say "I told you so!!" The doctor's offices claim to have sensitive tests but I don't think they do.

ETA: And this happened to me at 14 or 15 dpo so I wasn't even testing early!

Nikki
Mom to my boys A (6), J (4), and my baby girl A (10/25/10)
#14 of 18 Old 01-23-2010, 09:15 AM

Congratulations thats deffo a positive
as far as i am aware opk's can pick up hcg but hpt's don't pick up lh.
that nurse is just a great big uav

Becky, sahm to angel.gif25/04/2000 Chloe 12/04/2002 Cameron 19/02/2004 Caitlin 28/06/2005 angel.gif24/07/2006 and Caden 14/03/2008

Xander 19/05/2011
angel.gif 19.05.2012 angel.gif 18.08.2012 angel.gif 24.05.2013 angel.gif 25.6.2013 belly.gif 04.09.2014 uc.jpg

#15 of 18 Old 01-23-2010, 11:11 AM

Awesome!
congrats girl, you must be so relieved!

Unschooling Crunchy Mama of 5 babies. Welcome Emily-Rose born September 7th 2010!
#16 of 18 Old 01-23-2010, 11:26 AM - Thread Starter

Yes, SOOOO relieved! Thanks to all for the encouragement yesterday! Looks like I get to stick around!

#17 of 18 Old 01-24-2010, 10:44 PM
LZP

just had to DDCC again... I LOVED that line on your FRER, Lyndzies!!!

AND- so you dont feel bad, I'll tell you- this morning, just for fun, I took the last pg test I had in the house. I'll never tire of seeing that line pop up so quickly and darkly.

The babymoon isn't over! Our long awaited A born 7/18/10, making us laugh and smile every day.
#18 of 18 Old 01-24-2010, 11:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LZP View Post
just had to DDCC again... I LOVED that line on your FRER, Lyndzies!!!

AND- so you dont feel bad, I'll tell you- this morning, just for fun, I took the last pg test I had in the house. I'll never tire of seeing that line pop up so quickly and darkly.
Thanks, sweetie!

And since then, I've pee'd on another FRER (even darker) and another digi (PREGNANT!). I'm so bad; I haven't even missed AF yet! Lol.

P.S. I MISSSSSS YOOOOOOU!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page