Is anyone still temping/charting? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-23-2010, 12:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am. I am 14 DPO today and have continued to take temps since I got a BFP on 11 DPO. I have read conflicting opinions on this: some say that continuously high BBTs confirm a healthy pregnancy, others say that this is a waste of time and will only drive a pregnant woman crazy if there is a slight drop in BBTs. So I think I find temping reassuring while BBTs are high but if they go down, I would be very concerned. What do other charters think about this? Thanks!
#2 of 5 Old 01-23-2010, 02:05 AM

I'm temping and I think I'm going to keep doing it for a while. I'm 14 dpo and today developed a mild backache that is freaking me OUT. But my temp was up this morning, which is really the only thing that's comforting me. (You probably aren't miscarrying when your temp goes up, right?? I hope so...)

I think I'll keep temping for at least another week. Or maybe until I get some strong morning sickness!

Anne - Wife to DH, mom to DD (5/08) and DS (10/10).
#3 of 5 Old 01-23-2010, 11:31 AM

Me! I'm still temping. My temps are ridiculously high, so at this point it's like a game for me. But I know that it could easily drive me crazy, so I may stop soon. We'll see. This whole cycle has been about doing what I feel at the time (not telling myself I will or won't test by a certain day, etc.) so if I feel like I want to keep temping, I will... if I all of a sudden decide I'm sick of it, I'll stop.

Lol. Totally not a woman with a plan these days!

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

#4 of 5 Old 01-23-2010, 07:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
I'm temping and I think I'm going to keep doing it for a while. I'm 14 dpo and today developed a mild backache that is freaking me OUT. But my temp was up this morning, which is really the only thing that's comforting me. (You probably aren't miscarrying when your temp goes up, right?? I hope so...)

I think I'll keep temping for at least another week. Or maybe until I get some strong morning sickness!
Boxcar, don't be freaked out by a backache. A friend of mine had severe backache at the beginning of her pregnancy, and she is now 6 months pregnant. I know this is anecdotal evidence but I don't think you have anything to worry about with regard to the backache.
#5 of 5 Old 01-24-2010, 04:12 PM

Momtoalex: Thank you for the reassurance!!!

Anne - Wife to DH, mom to DD (5/08) and DS (10/10).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page