What do you plan to do / do differently? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 01-23-2010, 12:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have been thinking about this a lot during my 2ww so I thought it would be fun to share our thoughts on what we want to do different/better this time around or if it's your first - then what your plans or expectations are.

This is #3 for me and I really want to be super healthy and happy this time and enjoy every minute since it's probably my last. During my previous pregnancies, although they were healthy, my BP did get kind of high with one and my blood sugar got a little too high with the other. Also I had some PPD each time.

So this time: I'm going to eat really healthy, drink RRL tea, limit sugar intake, and walk every day. I want to try to meditate every day too so I won't be cranky with my sweet kiddos. I'm taking my vitamins and OmegaMom prenatals. I want to try a waterbirth this time and I will take my OmegaMom postpartum religiously to ward off PPD. I just got too tired last time to take care of myself and I refuse to let that happen this time!!!

The other thing is I want to just be cool and go with the flow. I don't want to milk this pregnancy as an excuse to just lay around and complain or expect special treatment. I want to be strong and serene. That probably sounds weird but for example: last night we had a party for my DH's coworkers and by 8:30 I just wanted to go to bed because "I'm pregnant and exhausted" (I just said this to myself) and actually excused myself. But as I sat on my bed listening to the festivities below I felt like such a loser and decided to go back and be social and enjoy myself so I did. I was so glad I did.

Well that's it for me. Anyone else have some resolutions to share? Then we can support each other!

Wife to French hubby (8/02), Mama to DD (3/05) and DS (02/07) and (3/10)
#2 of 8 Old 01-23-2010, 12:27 PM

-stay zen
-continue w/ the paleo inspired diet
-consider more seriously a waterbirth this time
-document better!
-belly cast
-consider checking out hypnobabies
-use jogging stroller regularly

this is definitely it for me. i'll be 36 when this bean is born, dh 41. i feel really blessed to have one last opportunity before i move on to the next chapter and plan to really savor it.

Midwife apprentice and mama to 6, including three UC babies: Jude River, 06/04/08, Alora Wren Isolde, 9/27/10, and our newest addition, Ailish Brynn Elspeth, 6/12/14!
#3 of 8 Old 01-23-2010, 12:30 PM

Hmmm...Well this is my 5th baby. I really want to eat healthy and keep my weight in check this time around. I'm heavier now than I've ever been and I dont' want to balloon from here. I think if I keep to my workouts and keep eating fresh, healthy, whole foods I'll be good. And I know I'll feel so much better. I REALLY would like my water birth this time. I've always labored in the water, but never actually delivered in the water. I'm hoping for a peaceful, calm birth. My last birth was by far my best and easiest as I've had some pretty scary births. I'm hoping for another easy one and I just want it to be calm and relaxed. I'm already picturing the baby being born underwater into my hands! I also want my dh to be really into this pregnancy. Not that he's not usually, but when you have 4 kids, homeschool, run 2 business', life gets pretty crazy. I just want him to be interested and excited about it. Maybe once I convince him I am actually pregnant, he'll get excited!!

Life is to be enjoyed...not just endured!
#4 of 8 Old 01-23-2010, 01:51 PM

- Continue with Yoga
- Meditate daily
- Homebirth
- Remember my vitamins daily ( i can be forgetful when it comes to this )
- Enjoy every second of it

Being pregnant after a loss tends to make me worry ALOT, but i'm really trying to not let that take away from being in the moment. Loving each and every day that I have with this little bean and staying optimistic that we've got a stick one

Wife to DH (9/02) Homeschooling Mama to DD1 (2/03) DD2 (11/06) DD3(9/10)

#5 of 8 Old 01-23-2010, 05:56 PM

This is baby #1 for me, so I don't quite know what to expect, but I have thought about a few things that I would like to do.

-Hypnobabies waterbirth
-Prenatal yoga
-RRL tea starting in the 2nd trimester
-Try to walk at least one dog each day the weather is nice (good for me, baby and dogs!)
-Continue to eat lots of fresh fruits and veggies
-Cut down on the sweet tea (this is a hard one ya'll!)
-Above all, enjoy my 1st pregnancy!

Me, married to DH, my childhood sweetheart. Lucky mom to an amazing DD (10/15/10), , a funny little DS (1/11/13) , and 3 silly dogs. Expecting someone new February 14, 2015!
#6 of 8 Old 01-24-2010, 02:55 AM

I want to:

-Keep up good nutrition even through the m/s, with at the very least a glass of fresh juice a day.

-start my hypnobabies on time and not lose any disks this time (hopefully they're all in their case now so I'm not starting off behind lol)

-keep hiking, exercising, get fresh air, then get chiro when needed.

-try not to let the TV do ALL the parenting for the next 9 months

XM,: mama to ds (5/08), dd (9/10) and ds (6/12) ! whale.gif :C.H.S & M.

#7 of 8 Old 01-24-2010, 06:28 PM

This was a good idea for a chat thread. This baby is #3 and a huge surprise and this question has been first in my mind the last few days as I've been absorbing reality (I'm starting to get excited about being a mommy of three and I love that feeling!).
The other day I wrote out a bunch of goals for this pregnancy.
I want to:
- Do prenatal yoga 3x a week at least (I have a DVD that I used last time and loved)
- Be active outdoors every day for at least 30 minutes with the kiddos (when it's not raining with world-ending, apocolyptic rain storms...like it has been the last two weeks).
- Keep track of what I eat! I gained 40 lbs w/ DD1, lost it all plus 10lbs, then gained 50lbs w/ DD2 and have only lost 20 of that. So, at the starting gate, I am already 30lbs unhealthy for my own body. In all seriousness, I do not want to gain any weight this pregnancy. I won't be starving myself at all, but I will not be eating with the unwanton abandon that I did the last two pregnancies. I have enough "extra" on my body that I do *NOT* need any "maternal stores."
- In order to keep my body healthy this time around, I am really striving to make sure my 3 main meals include a good amount of protein, lots of live, raw food (fruits/veggies) and omega-3's. I am trying (going to try) to curb my obsession with white carbs (I love baking and have a relentless sweet tooth). Whatever I eat, I am focusing on making sure that I am getting enough protein, live food and omega-3's...I totally believe that is going to help my body stay more healthy this time. I'm currently taking WF prenatals (I've used them w/ my other two pgs as well), calcium magnesium, a probiotic supplement (CranLogic, because I always seem to get UTI's in early pregnancy), and nordic cod liver oil.
- I want to be more prepared for PPD...I seem to have had it with both girls, though in a more self-directed fashion (ie, I am thrilled about my children and have no feelings of detachment from them, but the rest of my outlook is dismal for several months). I'm not sure how I'm going to do that this time except to expect it and remind DH that it's coming up and not to hate me for how I might behave.

I am trying not to be fearful...The birth of my second daughter was an amazing, empowering experience (totally cliche, I know) and I learned a lot about what I want this time (more of the same, mostly). But I am struggling with being fearful of life after birth...how I'll handle 3, the PPD issue, the weight issue (my mom had a great figure, but after her 3rd child, she never regained it and that is a constant fear for me...you know, becoming my mom)...

It's going to be an interesting 9 months...I'm excited to see how it all turns out (and to see if we have a boy or a girl! I am kind of rooting for another girl right now).

#8 of 8 Old 01-24-2010, 07:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xekomaya View Post
-try not to let the TV do ALL the parenting for the next 9 months
That's a good one! I'm sure the TV will definately come in handy though!!!

lightheartedmom - could have written your post except we did decide to try this month. We have a lot in common.

Seems like we all have a lot of the same goals. I would love to do prenatal yoga. I have a Yoga DVD but I'll have to look for a prenatal yoga DVD. That seems like it would calming and good for the body.

Wife to French hubby (8/02), Mama to DD (3/05) and DS (02/07) and (3/10)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page