Are you CONSUMED by this pregnancy?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 01-23-2010, 07:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Anyone else spend every waking moment and thought on this new found pregnancy and baby that is to come?!

I am! You would think by the 5th time it would be old news!

I'm just so excited! I'm excited for the pregnancy and the baby belly! I keep imagining my labor and delivery. The sweet smell of a newborn! (I wish I could bottle it!) I think of holding a brand new slippery little being, the nursing, the cuddles, the teeny tiny toes! AHHHH!!! I just can't wait!

Maybe it's because this is VERY likely my last baby and I want to enjoy every second!

So...how about you? Are you obsessed yet?

Life is to be enjoyed...not just endured!
#2 of 12 Old 01-23-2010, 09:18 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmBam View Post
I'm just so excited! I'm excited for the pregnancy and the baby belly! I keep imagining my labor and delivery. The sweet smell of a newborn! (I wish I could bottle it!) I think of holding a brand new slippery little being, the nursing, the cuddles, the teeny tiny toes! AHHHH!!! I just can't wait!
I know! Me neither!!! I keep thinking of the sweet little bean growing in my belly and how nice it will be to bring another member of our family into the world.

I already bought a few maternity things since I gave away all my stuff thinking I wouldn't have any more.

Wife to French hubby (8/02), Mama to DD (3/05) and DS (02/07) and (3/10)
#3 of 12 Old 01-23-2010, 09:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I was looking online today for maternity clothes. I went through my bin of maternity clothes and I think I'm a bit "heftier'' now than I was then.
So, I will likely be buying more clothes also!

Life is to be enjoyed...not just endured!
#4 of 12 Old 01-23-2010, 11:44 PM

Location: back in the GREAT state of Minnesota! oh how i have missed you!
i am in the same boat! i can not stop thinking about it!

i am also crazy nerves! i still cant wrap my head around it. i keep thinking i am going to wake up and the happy, joyful, love i already feel will all be taken away!

but for now i am going with it! i just cant wait to hold my baby!!!!

ETA: so sorry i am being a downer!

Your life doesnât change by the man whos elected. If your loved by someone you can't be rejected... decide what to be and go be it! If your a caged bird brake in and demand that somebody free it.
#5 of 12 Old 01-24-2010, 01:09 AM

yeah, i am too. i'm really really excited--cautious a bit, as i typically am until the risks of miscarriage lessens, but i've been giddy happy since finding out. i haven't been in this good of mood in i don't know how long.

been reminiscing about the 2nd trimester. i absolutely love the 2nd tri. morning sickness and lethargy are gone, as is the moodiness, you're finally showing but your bump is still really cute and compact (unlike the whale proportions it becomes toward the end) and maternity clothes are fittin' real cute.

i left the bfp stick on the back of the toilet this morning for dh to find. while he hasn't said anything yet (i think he must worry that he's in trouble, lol) he's been super sweet and attentive.

Midwife apprentice and mama to 6, including three UC babies: Jude River, 06/04/08, Alora Wren Isolde, 9/27/10, and our newest addition, Ailish Brynn Elspeth, 6/12/14!
#6 of 12 Old 01-24-2010, 02:34 AM

I'm really excited, too. Glad to see I'm not the only one thinking about buying maternity clothes already.

At the same time, I'm a bit cautious like you, ladyelms. I've never personally had a m/c, but a close friend had one just a couple of months ago. It was obviously really rough on her, and as a result, I think I'm a bit guarded. We're not planning on telling anyone for several weeks yet. We just had a death in the family last month, and the miscarriage the month before, so I don't want to be the bearer of more bad news if things don't work out with this baby. But, that's not stopping me from being totally happy right now and completely consumed with this tiny little life growing inside me!

Me, married to DH, my childhood sweetheart. Lucky mom to an amazing DD (10/15/10), , a funny little DS (1/11/13) , and 3 silly dogs. Expecting someone new February 14, 2015!
#7 of 12 Old 01-24-2010, 02:48 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Yes definitely..only slightly tempered by the fact that DH isn't quite as excited as I thought he'd be. He's happy - just worried about financial stuff lately.

I started looking for maternity clothes online the same day I got my bfp. Specifically, I need clothes to wear to church and Motherhood doesn't exactly sell what I need.

This little baby is the first thing I think of, the last thing, the all day thing. I couldn't bond with ds until he was born, I think because I didn't realize how naturally he would become a part of my life that I couldn't ever imagine not having -- as if he'd been a part of me all along and I just never knew it. Now that I know how cool that bond is, I want nothing more than to meet the rest of my family.

XM,: mama to ds (5/08), dd (9/10) and ds (6/12) ! whale.gif :C.H.S & M.

#8 of 12 Old 01-24-2010, 03:02 AM

Location: back in the GREAT state of Minnesota! oh how i have missed you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyelms View Post
yeah, i am too. i'm really really excited--cautious a bit, as i typically am until the risks of miscarriage lessens, but i've been giddy happy since finding out. i haven't been in this good of mood in i don't know how long.
when is that? when are you in flight and no longer at take off?

Your life doesnât change by the man whos elected. If your loved by someone you can't be rejected... decide what to be and go be it! If your a caged bird brake in and demand that somebody free it.
#9 of 12 Old 01-24-2010, 11:34 AM

I must be the anomally because although I am sorting out a me and come one here once a day, that's really all I think about it. Maybe it's because me and the little one are sick at the moment, or maybe it's because I am just so busy trying to make the most of our alone time before baby comes, but I really dnt even think about this pg much so far. I guess I still don't really believe it either. Guess that will change when the morning sickness kicks in if it is anything like last time!
#10 of 12 Old 01-25-2010, 04:26 PM

I just found out this morning, but so far, yes. I feel all giggly and like every topic on Earth comes right back around to the baby. "I need to clean off the nightstand... where will we put it when we sidecar the crib?" "I should put this away for our Halloween Party... but wait, we'll have a newborn, we can't have the party this year." Etc.

treehugger.gif SAHM with a precious toddler and the love of my life, expecting a new little one July 2014!
#11 of 12 Old 01-25-2010, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Anyone else spend every waking moment and thought on this new found pregnancy and baby that is to come?!

I am! You would think by the 5th time it would be old news!

Maybe it's because this is VERY likely my last baby and I want to enjoy every second!

So...how about you? Are you obsessed yet?
Awwww...I love this! I am not quite obsessed yet...but I can already feel that soft melty-ness of being pregnant creeping in around the edges of my heart...It's such a surprise, but every day I am growing more attached to this third baby and marveling how a mommy's heart can expand more and more with every child.

#12 of 12 Old 01-27-2010, 12:18 AM

Quote:

Yes...totally obsessed...but I am pregnancy obsessed to begin with. I LOVE LOVE LOVE being PG...I love everything about it. My hubby says this is our last baby but I hold the fact that we have three frozen embryos in the back of my mind...I want one more in about 2 or 3 years...we'll see...

I'm finding it hard not to scream it from the rooftops...I want to tell everyone I walk past...I love being PG!

Mama to Jack (12/7/06) & Liam (4/3/08) & Iris Hope (10/6/10)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page