***Weekly Chit-Chat, 1/24 - 1/30*** - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-24-2010, 12:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is a place for October DDC peeps to post anything that doesn't seem to fit in an existing thread, and that we don't really want to make a new thread for. If you spent time in the TTC forum, this is very similar to The ONE thread.

Don't forget to add yourself to the October DDC Roster!

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2010, 12:45 PM - Thread Starter

Okay.... so I'm usually a 36B. I had to go out and buy two 38D bras yesterday.

This is insane. Anyone else having body changes so early??? I also am having an inability to suck in my gut and my pants are already uncomfortable. I think I am just bloated.

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

Old 01-24-2010, 02:15 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
No boobie symptoms for me yet. Everything is normal there...but I'm craving food! I'm dying for chinese. I really want sweet and sour chicken with fried rice and egg drop soup...oh and what I wouldn't give for a good egg roll! Which is totally weird since we almost NEVER eat chinese. Dh makes these eggs that I normally HATE but that's all I've wanted to eat the last couple of days. Weird! I don't think I ususally get any symptoms this early. Oh...and the headache...it's already started.

My 4 yo dd woke up barfing this morning. I had to leave her in the bathroom til she was done. I couldn't handle the sound of it! Hopefully everyone else doesn't get it too! Anyway, the boys are all getting ready for church and dd and I are gonna stay home and cuddle in bed!
I have to run over and do my mom's chores really quick! She had pigmy goats and miniature burros. I totally forgot to take care of them yesterday! Poor things!

Anyway...I love this thread! Thanks Lindsay!

Life is to be enjoyed...not just endured!
Old 01-24-2010, 03:15 PM

Anyone around? I'm just hangin' out in bed with dd surfing the net while she watched Micky Mouse club.

Old 01-24-2010, 03:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mmmm.... Chinese. *drool* WANT.

Amber, I hope your DD feels better! (And, I hope you don't have to listen to it again! Uggghhh!)

Old 01-24-2010, 04:21 PM

I definitely look pregnant already! Gonna be pulling out the maternity clothes soon I think.
Old 01-24-2010, 07:17 PM

Today I'm working on figuring out the balancing act between nausea and hunger. That's probably the worst part of morning sickness for me - if I don't eat I feel bad but if I eat the wrong thing, I'm miserable. It was never this bad the first time, and definitely not this soon.

I'm in love with the chicken and rice soup I got from our favorite Thia restaurant last night.

I'm really concerned that I'm going to have to let the cat out of the bag at work much sooner than I had planned if this keeps up.

Molly - Hard working mama to DD 06/06 , #2 9/2010!
Old 01-24-2010, 08:31 PM

Okay now I'm craving Chinese food and Thai food. I'm very suggestible.

Luckily DH is cooking today and making some of my favorite food and dessert so I think my tummy and baby bean will be happy.

I only have one bra that is still comfortable and I am bloated too! I have a meeting to go to on Thursday and Friday and my suit pants are too tight. I'm going to go look for one of those extender thingies.

Wife to French hubby (8/02), Mama to DD (3/05) and DS (02/07) and (3/10)
Old 01-24-2010, 08:40 PM

I've been craving a veggie Subway sandwich with extra pickles and extra, extra vinegar! In fact, I had a 6 inch for lunch yesterday and a 12 inch for lunch today. Before I found out I was pregnant, I had 3 different people comment on how much I was eating. Normally, I eat like bird, but I've really been putting away the food these past couple of weeks. If I keep this up, I'm gonna gain 80 pounds!

Me, married to DH, my childhood sweetheart. Lucky mom to an amazing DD (10/15/10), , a funny little DS (1/11/13) , and 3 silly dogs. Expecting someone new February 14, 2015!
Old 01-25-2010, 12:17 AM

Me too! I'm eating a ton and stuff I don't normaly want. I ate nasty bday cake at my bf twin boys bday party tonight and now I'm regretting it. I should have just went back to the veggie tray. Ugh.

Dh is yelling at me to come finish watching the game with him! Go Vikings!

Old 01-25-2010, 12:51 AM - Thread Starter

Please excuse me for just one quick moment.

HOLY SH*T YOU GUYS, WE'RE PREGNANT!!!!

Ahem. Please resume your regularly scheduled programming.

Old 01-25-2010, 01:59 AM

I have a WWYD question for all of you. I play soccer once a week. With my DD I stopped playing when I was about 5 weeks pregnant. I really want to keep playing but also don't want to be foolish. I would probably only play for about another month.

Obviously I would play more cautiously, but wondering people's honest opinion on this.

Thanks (and congrats to all!!).

DD born April 7/08 and expecting #2 October 2010!
Old 01-25-2010, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygirl28 View Post
I've been craving a veggie Subway sandwich with extra pickles
so funny.. this exactly is one of my major pregnancy cravings. weird, huh.
i live in a teeny tiny town but the "big city" nearest me has a subway and i walked past it on wednesday and totally wanted to eat there. which is crazy because normally i think its pretty blah, especially with all of the really good food in that town!
that said, im still a lurker and cannot base my pregnancy on my want for a veggie sub

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

Old 01-25-2010, 05:56 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
suuuubbingg...

..but can I just kindly request that if anyone has anything remotely interesting to say or ask, that you start a new thread? These threads are so notoriously hard to keep up with, especially with pregnant brain, and we have this whole giant DDC to use for our chit-chatting pleasure...

I am so so so happy to be pregnant tonight

XM,: mama to ds (5/08), dd (9/10) and ds (6/12) ! whale.gif :C.H.S & M.

Old 01-25-2010, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desamom View Post
I have a WWYD question for all of you. I play soccer once a week. With my DD I stopped playing when I was about 5 weeks pregnant. I really want to keep playing but also don't want to be foolish. I would probably only play for about another month.

Obviously I would play more cautiously, but wondering people's honest opinion on this.

If you are already doing it, I would keep doing it. I ride horses and I don't stop when I'm first pregnant. I am however, a lot more cautious and careful and don't ride hard. Also, a lot of times it becomes uncompfortable, so it's not enjoyable anymore anyway. I think you should just do what you feel ok with. If you feel like it's too much or dangerous, stop playing. If you feel like it's ok, keep it up!

Old 01-25-2010, 04:06 PM

I'm a crazy hormonal freak! There I said it! What's wrong with me? This can't happen already! I just had a serious melt down this morning. My poor family. I really hope it isn't like this the whole time. I might end up family-less!
Ok...that's all!

Old 01-25-2010, 04:29 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmBam View Post
I'm a crazy hormonal freak! There I said it! What's wrong with me? This can't happen already! I just had a serious melt down this morning. My poor family. I really hope it isn't like this the whole time. I might end up family-less!
Ok...that's all!
Uggh - I'm right there with you. I don't think it was this bad last time, or else the excitement and DH's special attention got us through it better. Las night I had a melt down and accused DH of wanting me to be cold when he said I had the corner of his sheet and we should straighten out the bed. Oh well

XM,: mama to ds (5/08), dd (9/10) and ds (6/12) ! whale.gif :C.H.S & M.

Old 01-25-2010, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desamom View Post

I agree with AmBam, if you were already doing it you should be fine. My Dh and I ride 4-wheelers (not so much this time of year). We are more cautious when I am pregnant, but I still ride. With my dd1 we went when I was a almost a week late to try and start labor and Nothing! lol

Aimee - Wife to one hard working DH, SAHM to DD - Sunshine (5), DD - Cupcake (3), DS - Boo (1), and expecting a Surprise - Oct 2010!
Old 01-25-2010, 05:08 PM

What Lyndzies said.

And, on the subject of boobs, I don't know what I'm going to do if mine get too much bigger. I've already gone up about a cup in the past year and a half, and I don't have much experience with the size I've already got! They ache already, too. Even when I was still getting negatives on tests, I was suspicious because of just how achey they are.

treehugger.gif SAHM with a precious toddler and the love of my life, expecting a new little one July 2014!
Old 01-25-2010, 05:46 PM - Thread Starter

desamom - Hmmmm.... I guess I'd probably keep playing, though I probably (knowing me) would be worried about falls/checks, etc.... but I think if it feels right to you, that's what's most important!

AMF - OMG, I am SOOOOO pissed at my OB practice right now. I wasn't happy to begin with after going there Friday and feeling like I was getting attitude from them because their crap-ass pee stick was negative (I've since gotten two FRERs w/ strong second lines and another +digi), but now... ugh! I was told to call around noon for my HCG and progesterone levels from Friday's draw... not only did they put me on hold for 30 MINUTES, they also did not have my test results. I've waited another 2 hours plus for them to call me back, finally got fed up and called again, and they STILL don't have the numbers on my chart yet.

Grrrrr.... I think I will be checking out some other practices very VERY soon.

Sorry to rant, girls! I'm still fantastically happy, even though you can't tell from my growling post. Lol!

Old 01-25-2010, 06:06 PM

Hey all! I am joining the club, I think.

I have had four faint BFP over the past four days. Not exactly sure when conception occurred as I thought I has AF last week. I did have a chemical/ early miscarriage in November, so I am still feeling reserved about the whole thing.

My sense of smell and nausea are really increasing. I am somewhat crampy and sensitive down there. I am still BF my 19month old DD, so I haven't noticed much change in my breasts, though I think my nipples are more sensitive.

I am hoping to have a blood test done today or tomorrow, it all depends on if I can find someone to watch the kiddos while I go. Otherwise, I may need to figure out if it is possible to bring them with me.

Mom to DS1, DS2, DD1 and DD2! h20homebirth.gif
Old 01-25-2010, 06:16 PM

Welcome Jazzmin!

Lindzies~ I'd be mad too! It's a good thing I have my babies at home. I think I'd end up in jail if I had to deal with a drs office!

xekomaya~LOL! I'm so glad I'm not the only one! I really hate it when I'm like that. It's like I don't even realize how irrational I'm being til it's all over and I've made a big scene!

Just finishing up school with the kiddos. I told them. I wasn't going to for a while, but I couldn't help it. It's all I think about. DS6 and DD4 are pretty excited. The baby (2) I'm sure doesn't get it and I'll tell my 12 year old ds soon. I'm trying to think of a fun way to tell him. He lives in another state with his dad. (Yes it sucks, and no I'm not unfit!) Anyway...I think he'll be excited, but I want to find a really fun way to tell him.

One more thing...headaches. Anyone else have just a dull headache all the time when pg? When I started getting these a few days ago I remembered getting them with my other pregnancies. They are miserable.

Old 01-25-2010, 09:24 PM

Ohhhh boobs. Before DD, I was a 36-barely-A. During my pregnancy with her, I went to about a 38C...not too bad. I was a 38DD with nursing, and only in the last 2-3 months have "the girls" noticeably shrunk (and DD is still nursing!). With pg #2...I'm sure they'll perk right back up

My early symptom from last time is back again: burping (ick!) every few minutes. So early?!?!?

DD March 2007...happily nursing, EC graduated, family-bed-sharing family... expecting another in early November!
Old 01-25-2010, 11:22 PM

I do the burping too and it makes me gassy... sigh oh the joys

Cat married 4 yrs to DH DS '08 Early October 2010.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:56 AM

I just noticed an increase in burping too. It is so bad, even my kids have noticed :

Mom to DS1, DS2, DD1 and DD2! h20homebirth.gif
Old 01-26-2010, 01:02 AM

Sorry that you ladies also experience the burping, but I'm glad to know I'm not alone in it! DH thinks it's mental -- I know it's not!

DD March 2007...happily nursing, EC graduated, family-bed-sharing family... expecting another in early November!
Old 01-26-2010, 03:11 PM

So...I've had kids throwing up for the past three nights! It's so not fun at this stage of the game. Not that it ever is, but especially not now!! We're taking the day off school and being lazy. I'm ready for a lazy day!

So I love all the new mamas! I can't wait to see our whole group. We already have quite a bunch of us for the first part of October.

I called my mw yesterday just to make sure that she can take me. I won't see her for a couple months probably, but with the slight chance that my dh will miss the delivery, I wanted to make sure she would be here for my delivery. I trust her and can't imagine delivering with anyone else. She said that she would definately take me again, so that's a relief and one less thing to worry about.

Old 01-26-2010, 03:26 PM

That's great news about your midwife, AmBam, but so sorry to hear about your kiddos being sick!

I've been wondering -- I have my OB connection and my hospital-based midwives, but at what point do I start interviewing homebirth midwives, since we're considering that route? We only have ~3 in the area.

Old 01-26-2010, 03:43 PM

Lindzies - I keep forgetting to ask what the reaction from KD was like.

I can't figure out why I feel so great in the morning but around 2:00 pm I hit a wall and if I eat, I puke. It's so frustrating and I am SO sick of eating saltines and other "white" foods. The stomach cramping when I eat other food is just awful. Do you suppose that I'm having really intense hormone surges in the afternoon? This is so hard.

ETA: MDC isn't helping the nausea with all those pictures of messed up teeth, either!

Molly - Hard working mama to DD 06/06 , #2 9/2010!
Old 01-26-2010, 03:44 PM

[QUOTE=I've been wondering -- I have my OB connection and my hospital-based midwives, but at what point do I start interviewing homebirth midwives, since we're considering that route? We only have ~3 in the area.[/QUOTE]

I would interview sooner rather than later. That way whoever you choose will be able to get you on the schedule. I didn't have a mw til 28 weeks with my last baby and it was a little stressful for me.

User Tag List