Wish I could shake this cough / cold - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 01-25-2010, 11:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have been ill for over a week now. Normally these things never get me down but this is a rough one. It doesn't help that my DD is also ill and wants to nurse 24/7 so I get no sleep to recover myself.

Anyway, I just had a 10 minute coughing fit where I really struggled to breath. Do you think this could be harmful to a pregnancy, or would it need to be more long term oxygen deprivation?

I can't wait until I have a midwife sorted who I can burden with all my inane questions!
#2 of 3 Old 01-25-2010, 11:30 PM

Aww! I hope you feel better soon. I'm guessing it's probably not endangering the baby in any way as long as you're keeping hydrated.
Is it possible for you to have someone watch your DD so you can take a nap once in awhile?

I hope you find a mw soon. It took forever for me to settle on my care w/ pg #2 and it was such a drag feeling...displaced. I actually just called the mw practice about the cramping issue (fine, normal, woohoo, already knew it but felt better having the mw tell me).

Good luck!
Try getting ahold of some Vit. D (Cod liver oil is good) supplements and some Zinc (I like Zand's elderberry zinc drops). Might help you beat it faster.

#3 of 3 Old 01-26-2010, 12:04 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightheartedmom View Post
Aww! I hope you feel better soon. I'm guessing it's probably not endangering the baby in any way as long as you're keeping hydrated.
Is it possible for you to have someone watch your DD so you can take a nap once in awhile?

I hope you find a mw soon. It took forever for me to settle on my care w/ pg #2 and it was such a drag feeling...displaced. I actually just called the mw practice about the cramping issue (fine, normal, woohoo, already knew it but felt better having the mw tell me).

Good luck!
Try getting ahold of some Vit. D (Cod liver oil is good) supplements and some Zinc (I like Zand's elderberry zinc drops). Might help you beat it faster.

DD won't go with anyone while she is feeling this way, more is the pity. Fortunately, I think we are through the worst of it. It's just the residual cough that's worrying me now. I have asthma, which is usually well controlled, and it's making me wheezy when I cough so I guess I am being a little paranoid.

I am glad you talked to them about your cramps! It's always reassuring to have someone more knowledgable tell you it's normal.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page