hating pants already - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 01-27-2010, 06:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Already. WTH??? It took me 18-20 weeks last time to even SHOW, but I did move to maternity pants around 8 weeks because they were more comfy. This time I'm barely pregnant and I swear I hate pants.

Anyone else move into maternity clothes early?

DD March 2007...happily nursing, EC graduated, family-bed-sharing family... expecting another in early November!
#2 of 8 Old 01-27-2010, 08:57 PM

I'm wearing yoga pants at the moment. I have been crampy and pants only make it worse.

Mom to DS1, DS2, DD1 and DD2! h20homebirth.gif
#3 of 8 Old 01-27-2010, 09:52 PM

I am not in maternity clothes yet but I definitely look pregnant already!
#4 of 8 Old 01-27-2010, 10:48 PM

yoga pants over here as well, i just feel so bloated, blech!

Wife to DH (9/02) Homeschooling Mama to DD1 (2/03) DD2 (11/06) DD3(9/10)

#5 of 8 Old 01-27-2010, 11:39 PM

I'm bloated beyond belief. I swear I've gained 2 full inches around the waist this week. Yoga pants are all that is comfortable, and even some of those are too snug. All my real pants are closing very precariously--won't last another week at this rate. And wearing them seems to make the constant low-level cramping noticeably worse.
I didn't think most women needed maternity clothes 5 weeks in--this is my first, so I may have been misguided. I'd love it if someone would tell me the bloating will ease off over the next week or two as my body gets more accustomed to the hormonal surges...please? I'm not ready to shop!

Mama to Alaric, my beautiful rainbow1284.gif -- born 4 weeks early on 7/3/11 at 7lb4oz.

#6 of 8 Old 01-28-2010, 12:17 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
With my first, I moved to maternity pants around 8 weeks also. I remember the same feelings you're having, meander. The super bloating DID ease off and I didn't get fatter and fatter as I got a pregnant belly, but at some point I got my normal self back + the slowly forming bump.

I don't know what I'm going to do this time. Probably just hide in the house until the baby is born 'cause I really don't want to buy new maternity clothes, but I think I'll have to - soon.

XM,: mama to ds (5/08), dd (9/10) and ds (6/12) ! whale.gif :C.H.S & M.

#7 of 8 Old 01-28-2010, 10:44 AM

meander - this is my first, and I'm totally with you. The bloat is unbelievable!

I am wearing my reg. pants to work, but they are uncomfortable... so I'm wearing them unbuttoned and partially unzipped w/ a makeshift band until my Bella Band arrives.

I hope it eases off a bit, too... because I'm not ready to tell the world, but the world is gonna guess what's up very soon at this rate!

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

#8 of 8 Old 01-28-2010, 02:49 PM

I am BLOATED also!!

I was changing into my pajamas last night and my belly looked bloated. I thought part of it may have to do with just normal eating and drinking throughout the day and it would "go down" overnight. But when I got in the shower this morning it looked about the same.

Does anybody know why? What would be the medical reason to retain water?

The pants aren't too bad for me but the seatbelt drives me nuts. But I also drive a Jeep Wrangler with a 4" lift kit, so it is super bumpy.

Me 32, DH 33,  angel.gif (3/17/10),  DD 6/6/11

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page