are you kidding me?! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-28-2010, 01:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
yesterday i peed on stick (target brand) and got a bfp. faint, but definitely there. this test was the last in a 3-pack. the previous two i had used weeks before, and got snow white negatives. it was my third urine of the day, and i'm approximately 13 days past my presumed ovulation, so i was prepared for the bfp to be as faint as it was.

last night i bought a 2-pack of frer gold digital tests, and took one this morning, and it came up negative. what? really?

i guess i'll wait a few days and test again, but i'm going to be a basketcase until then.

christina

meafro.jpg, and dhyikes2.gif, -- parenting joy.gifsince 2004, and bouncy.gif since 2007.
"IF YOU ARE NOT OUTRAGED, THEN YOU ARE NOT PAYING ATTENTION." signcirc1.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2010, 01:24 PM

Ooooh hang in there! Some of the digis can be brutal. I got a BFP on a CBE digi at 13dpo when the FRER was a total squinter -- I think the tests are just trying to drive us crazy sometimes.

Keep us posted!

DD March 2007...happily nursing, EC graduated, family-bed-sharing family... expecting another in early November!
Old 01-28-2010, 01:35 PM

Oh no! Good luck! Those digital tests really can be brutal. I can't wait to hear you got a positive!

treehugger.gif SAHM with a precious toddler and the love of my life, expecting a new little one July 2014!
Old 01-28-2010, 02:44 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm sorry, that is frustrating! I'll be sending BFP vibes your way. Keep us posted!

Life is to be enjoyed...not just endured!
Old 01-28-2010, 02:46 PM

Christina, as you saw in my other thread, I'm in exactly the same boat as you...big *hugs* mama...

DD March 2007...happily nursing, EC graduated, family-bed-sharing family... expecting another in early November!
Old 01-28-2010, 03:27 PM

Oh man, thinking of you today, too.

Molly - Hard working mama to DD 06/06 , #2 9/2010!
Old 01-28-2010, 05:49 PM

I don't think the digital tests are as sensitive as we think they are. I got a negative on a digi, but positive on a blood draw and super faint on FRER.

Mom to DS1, DS2, DD1 and DD2! h20homebirth.gif
Old 01-28-2010, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzmin View Post
I don't think the digital tests are as sensitive as we think they are. I got a negative on a digi, but positive on a blood draw and super faint on FRER.
Yeah, I wonder about some digis, but I know that they're pretty darn sensitive -- my beta on Monday was 9, and I got a positive digi on Tuesday morning (Wed beta only 15, so unless that was already on the decline (possible), the digi picked up something pretty low).

Old 01-28-2010, 07:51 PM

Just for the record, and for what's it worth, I called Clearblue about the sensitivity of their digis, and they told me 25mUI.

still thinking positive vibes, mama!

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

User Tag List