~~~Weekly Chat Thread: 01/31 - 02/06~~~ - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-05-2010, 01:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi folks,

I am almost at five weeks, and actually pretty nervous about this pregnancy. I am not the worrying type. I don't worry about anything really. But everytime I go to the bathroom I'm paranoid that I will find blood. I am worried about having a miscarriage to the point where it is bothering me. I've never had one, so I don't know why I'm so preoccupied with it. I imagine those of you who've had them have it in your minds a lot too?

Brianna, mom to my always naked and singing Faye (9/07) and my chubby baby Bronwen (10/10).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2010, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaybeJ View Post
CherryBomb - I'm hoping for good numbers!!

I've called 4 midwife clinics in Toronto, and I'm waiting to hear back from any of them. I'm anxious to get my first appointment booked and worried that they'll fill up quickly!

I'm so happy to have passed the 4w3d mark of my loss in May, and I'm feeling pretty good about things.

I'm worried I might be getting a UTI, though. I'm hoping to feel better tomorrow!
I am in Toronto too and got in at 3 clinics last week. Two put me on a waiting list but called back within a few days to say they had a spot for me. I really liked the midwife at the first one I am went to, so signed on with them and canceled the others. Good luck with your search! I would imagine you'll find a place. And if they don't call you back, call them again and try to get a real person on the phone so you can get on their list.

DD born April 7/08 and expecting #2 October 2010!
Old 02-05-2010, 02:47 AM

How had I not seen this thread before?

Cherrybomb, how were your numbers?

It's so nice, yet sad, to see that others are also worrying about miscarriage as much as I am. I had one miscarriage at 10 weeks, but then I had a healthy baby with zero complications so that means my odds for this pregnancy are great. I just have to relax.

Girl #1: 2/14/08
Girl #2: 10/14/10
Old 02-05-2010, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue butterfly View Post
well, the nausea, extra saliva and super sleepiness has hit me full force today, it's kinda nice though, i actually "feel" pregnant!

how's everyone else feeling?
Sorry to hear it hit you hard! But I know what you mean about not minding because it makes you "feel" pregnant. Lol. I am half hoping I don't get m/s, half hoping I do. I know I will probably kick myself in a couple weeks for every letting the thought cross my mind that I WANT m/s!

Overall, I'm feeling pretty good. Very VERY mild queasiness, but nothing bad at all. VERY tired.

And, strange thing today... I decided to "treat" myself to a cup of coffee (haven't had one in over 2 weeks) and it TASTES LIKE CRAP.

WTF? I don't like coffee anymore? What is this world coming to.

I'm thinking that it's not just coffee, probably. I've had a couple other food adversions, and maybe my taste buds are just changing? Since this is my first, no idea if this is to be expected or not.

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

Old 02-05-2010, 03:17 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My numbers were great, thanks for asking Had another draw this morning, I'll get the results on Monday and my OB will let me know what she wants to do from there. She'll definitely want to do an u/s asap, but she'll probably want me to wait a couple weeks to make sure baby is big enough to see.
Old 02-05-2010, 05:08 PM

My M/S has been pretty tolerable. It comes and goes, but hasn't been too bad.

I soo tired. I feel like I am ready to pass out by 8pm.

I can't have coffee, it is too rough on the GI tract.

Mom to DS1, DS2, DD1 and DD2! h20homebirth.gif
Old 02-05-2010, 05:10 PM

Oh, and my pubic bone has been sore. It isn't consistent, but I am worried it will get worse as things progress.

Mom to DS1, DS2, DD1 and DD2! h20homebirth.gif
Old 02-05-2010, 06:31 PM

Ohh, they called me and had my results from this morning (I went in at 8am ), my hcg went up to 384! She wants me to do one more on Sunday and then she'll call me Monday.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:52 AM

Hey y'all! Just thought I'd jump right in! I'm be reading tomorrow to get caught up! Looking forward to a happy and healthy journey with all of you wonderful women!

Jenne

joy.gifOur joy is born!  joy.gif
            02/11/2011   

Old 02-06-2010, 02:08 PM

I need a personal chef! I want food but don't want to cook!

I'm 6 weeks tomorrow! Yeah...I feel like I'm getting somewhere! My sil is 18 weeks and has this cute little bump coming on. I can't wait to show and not just feel bloated and fat and uncomfortable in my jeans! I'm sure I'll be showing before 18 weeks though!

Ok...off to find some food!

Life is to be enjoyed...not just endured!
Old 02-06-2010, 02:28 PM

desamom - Thanks for the tips/encouragement! I have an appointment with one midwife now, and I imagine that the other place where I actually spoke to someone will have an opening for me too. I keep getting voice mail at the other two places, though they've called me back...

I have a question for you, is it okay to go to the first appointment at more than one place and see which one you prefer? I've never done this before! I'm glad you've had so much success with getting appointments!

CherryBomb - so happy to hear your numbers are good!!

Lydzies - I'm the same way with coffee which I guess is a blessing of sorts. I used to love coffee but now it tastes like soap or chemicals to me!

AFM - I have a first appointment with a midwife on Feb. 17. I'm not sure what to expect at the first appointment but I'm excited. I still want to keep calling around to a few places to at least be on waiting lists. The midwife I have the appointment with now seems to use a hospital that is the furthest away from me. Still only 20 minutes in good traffic (and depending on the time of day, traffic can be bad in Toronto), but there is a hospital right down the street from me that I think would be awfully convenient!
Old 02-08-2010, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaybeJ View Post
desamom - Thanks for the tips/encouragement! I have an appointment with one midwife now, and I imagine that the other place where I actually spoke to someone will have an opening for me too. I keep getting voice mail at the other two places, though they've called me back...

I have a question for you, is it okay to go to the first appointment at more than one place and see which one you prefer? I've never done this before! I'm glad you've had so much success with getting appointments!

CherryBomb - so happy to hear your numbers are good!!

Lydzies - I'm the same way with coffee which I guess is a blessing of sorts. I used to love coffee but now it tastes like soap or chemicals to me!

AFM - I have a first appointment with a midwife on Feb. 17. I'm not sure what to expect at the first appointment but I'm excited. I still want to keep calling around to a few places to at least be on waiting lists. The midwife I have the appointment with now seems to use a hospital that is the furthest away from me. Still only 20 minutes in good traffic (and depending on the time of day, traffic can be bad in Toronto), but there is a hospital right down the street from me that I think would be awfully convenient!
Totally fine to go to the first appointment at more than one place and see which one you like best! They actually encourage it and it is not assumed at the first appointment that you are becoming a client. I had every intention of going to all three of the ones I got appointments at, but I really, really liked the first midwife I met and really couldn't imagine finding anyone better. And like you, it's at a hospital far away from me (20-30 minutes away without traffic) and I was hoping for the one <10 minutes from my house! But when I brought up the hospital distance issue with the midwife, she seemed non-phased and just said we'll plan a bit differently.

Good luck and let us know how it goes! This is my first experience with a midwife as I had an OB with my first. Let me know which place you decide on if you don't mind -- I'm curious!

DD born April 7/08 and expecting #2 October 2010!

User Tag List