~~~Weekly Chat Thread: 01/31 - 02/06~~~ - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 42 Old 01-31-2010, 04:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Post your miscellaneous sundries here!

If you haven't already, please add yourself to the October DDC Roster!

Mama to DS1 (12/07), DS2 (4/11), and DD (6/22/14)
Finally diagnosed with APS after 3 s (11/09, 3/10, 7/13)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 42 Old 01-31-2010, 05:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
How is everyone doing?

Due to our loss in October, we decided to keep this pg hush hush for the first trimester. We plan to tell our parents around 14 weeks and everyone else after our 20 week appointment. On Friday, my mom called to tell me about a dream she had. She dreamed I had a baby girl and, the best part, she was born in October! My mom has premonition-type dreams from time to time, so it wasn't shocking, but after she told me about it, of course I spilled the beans The last two times she knew the same day I found out, so waiting four days to tell her was a huge improvement for me

Yesterday I decided I couldn't wait until Monday and drove to the main laboratory to get the results from my blood tests.
* Tuesday, January 26: HCG - 90.1 Progesterone - 34.27
* Friday, January 29: HCG - 278.6 Progesterone - 25.95
My doubling time was 38.1 hours. I'm so relieved and excited I feel like I can finally let myself get invested in this pregnancy, though I'll still be on pins and needles until our 12-week appt when we'll listen for a heartbeat with the doppler.

Mama to DS1 (12/07), DS2 (4/11), and DD (6/22/14)
Finally diagnosed with APS after 3 s (11/09, 3/10, 7/13)
#3 of 42 Old 01-31-2010, 05:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Congrats!!! Sounds like everything is progressing nicely!

I had a loss in Nov., it was very early. I, literally, only knew I was pregnant for 20 minutes before the bleeding started. I have been cautious with this one too because I bled for about 4 days before I got a BFP.

DH was so happy that that this one seemed to be sticking, so he told EVERYONE :/ His mom called to congratulate me and I was taken aback. Then MY aunt e-mailed me to congratulate me. I guess my MIL took it upon herself to e-mail everyone (including some of my family) and tell them I was pregnant. I was very annoyed by the whole thing.

Anywho, cramping seems to be lessening. Still trying to work out every other day. Overall, feeling pretty good.

Mom to DS1, DS2, DD1 and DD2! h20homebirth.gif
#4 of 42 Old 01-31-2010, 06:04 PM

i just got a bfp yesterday. i'm still in shock really cause my daughter is only 3 1/2 months.

Melissa Wife To James & Mama to Christopher Michael- 6/03 ,Ella Cheyenne- 10/09 & Xander Ryan James- 9/10 :
#5 of 42 Old 01-31-2010, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2myangels07 View Post
i just got a bfp yesterday. i'm still in shock really cause my daughter is only 3 1/2 months.
Oh wow and congrats! I'm in shock that I'm pregnant and I have a 15 month old lol.

With my first I was just dead tired, but now I'm just fuzzy. I'm not really awake, but not really tired. It's like when you're sick or take Nyquil and you just feel fuzzy around he edges. Anyone else feeling like this?

obstruct livery vehicles

#6 of 42 Old 01-31-2010, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2myangels07 View Post
Congratulations! My ds is 9.5 months, and I thought that was pretty young to be expecting again. lol.

We have not told anyone yet. In one way I can't wait to tell, but than I am scared to in case something were to happen. to all that have had losses before. It must make it even harder to not worry. I think we are going to tell on Valentine's Day. I will be 7 weeks than. When we tell we will just tell everyone because no one in our family can keep a secret and they would accidentally tell people. I can't wait to tell my girls. They are going to be so excited.

Aimee - Wife to one hard working DH, SAHM to DD - Sunshine (5), DD - Cupcake (3), DS - Boo (1), and expecting a Surprise - Oct 2010!
#7 of 42 Old 01-31-2010, 08:05 PM

I told my closest friend today. I had hoped to keep it between me and dh for a while, but we're both such low-key people and with this being uncharted territory for both of us, he's just going on with life as though nothing is different. I know he's happy and excited in his own way; I just needed to share it with someone who would be a little more outwardly excited, darn it!

We'll tell family and friends around 12 weeks. I may wait to tell my dissertation adviser until I can't hide it anymore.

9/2011 items decluttered
#8 of 42 Old 02-01-2010, 01:19 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Sorry to those of you who have had previous losses. I can't imagine how hard it is to not worry now. I worry a bit, and I've never experienced a loss. I'm sending super sticky baby dust to all of you.

The left side of my neck and back hurt so bad. My muscles are all tied up. Dh said he'd give me a good massage and I'm going to go soak in the jetted tub when I get school over with. It's so annoying. I think it is because of the crazy way I have to sleep with my 2 year old in bed with me!

We've pretty much told everyone about the baby. Not my extended family yet, because they won't be excited for us. I can hear the comments already. DH is finally getting excited I think, which has been nice for me.

Ok...I have to get my rear in gear. I've had SUCH a hard time getting up in the mornings!

Life is to be enjoyed...not just endured!
#9 of 42 Old 02-01-2010, 01:41 PM

We lost our last two pregnancies (one at 5 weeks and one at 16 weeks) so we've decided to wait before announcing to everyone. We have told a few people (like my mom and dh's sister) but we'll wait at least till my first u/s (to verify baby isn't ectopic). Although, with our son, we had an u/s at 8 weeks and he was fine, heartbeat great at the 12 week appt...then starting around 14 weeks I felt like something was wrong and at 16 weeks I started bleeding. So, it's hard not to worry.

Do any of you drink coffee? Are you trying to cut back? I usually drink 2 cups every morning (with a lot of creamer ), I'm trying to cut back to 1 cup and then cut it out completely.

Feeling pretty good other than being really tired, but we're also painting the house (looks great but I'm tired! )
#10 of 42 Old 02-01-2010, 06:17 PM

So I just scheduled my first appt. It is still over three weeks away, but at least it is made. I hate using the phone, and I hate making appts. so I am glad that is done . I always have to be so picky about times because my dh works two jobs but wants to be there. I feel bad when they have to accommodate me to such a specific time frame. At least they are used to me by now .

Aimee - Wife to one hard working DH, SAHM to DD - Sunshine (5), DD - Cupcake (3), DS - Boo (1), and expecting a Surprise - Oct 2010!
#11 of 42 Old 02-01-2010, 06:36 PM

I got ahold of my OB today and had my first blood draw. I can call and get the results tomorrow afternoon.
#12 of 42 Old 02-01-2010, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimsley9 View Post
I always have to be so picky about times because my dh works two jobs but wants to be there. I feel bad when they have to accommodate me to such a specific time frame. At least they are used to me by now .
I feel the same way! DP really wanted to be present at the initial midwife visit, but I had called twice to try to schedule and both times DP said were no good. It was all they had in February, so I decided to take it... I didn't want to wait till March, because I'm worried they could get booked up for October fast.

Hopefully she'll be able to come with me to the next one (assuming I like the midwife).

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

#13 of 42 Old 02-02-2010, 11:49 AM

I got my Bella Band in the mail yesterday, and I swear it is already changing my life as I sit here at my desk with my PANTS UNBUTTONED.

OMG, the relief!

I know that I'm only bloated, and that it's not baby, but I was uncomfortable nonetheless. Like sitting at the table after Thanksgiving dinner and trying to be polite by NOT unbuttoning. Yeah, that's how I felt.

Now? Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

#14 of 42 Old 02-02-2010, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBomb View Post

We lost our last two pregnancies (one at 5 weeks and one at 16 weeks) so we've decided to wait before announcing to everyone. We have told a few people (like my mom and dh's sister) but we'll wait at least till my first u/s (to verify baby isn't ectopic).

Feeling pretty good other than being really tired, but we're also painting the house (looks great but I'm tired! )
DDC crashing to say, I am SO happy for you!!!!

(I'm still following your blog, and I am VERY jealous about the chickens )

Aspiring to 1 Thessalonians 4:11.Wife to Dh, 2004. Mother to DD 3/07.
So thankful for our healthy baby boy, born Easter morning, 2010!
#15 of 42 Old 02-02-2010, 02:18 PM

I'm a HORMONAL CRAZY WOMAN!! I'm serious...I'm a mess! These hormones are taking over. I wish I could just go away for awhile. My dh and I are going to be lucky to make it through this one.

That's all.

#16 of 42 Old 02-02-2010, 02:36 PM

Aww thanks MPP!!

I'm totally psyched about my chickens
#17 of 42 Old 02-02-2010, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmBam View Post
I'm a HORMONAL CRAZY WOMAN!! I'm serious...I'm a mess! These hormones are taking over. I wish I could just go away for awhile. My dh and I are going to be lucky to make it through this one.

That's all.

I'm right there with ya. I'm either super agitated or over flowing with love!

Wife to DH (9/02) Homeschooling Mama to DD1 (2/03) DD2 (11/06) DD3(9/10)

#18 of 42 Old 02-02-2010, 04:46 PM

Quote:

That's all.
Me too!! This morning I wondered how my family would survive with me and my craziness

I finally was able to schedule and interview with a MW (same one you use Blue Butterfly!) and I am feeling pretty good about it. I contacted two others, one I am still waiting to hear back from, and the other, well, I found her website and I am not really interested in meeting with her now.

#19 of 42 Old 02-02-2010, 04:47 PM

Oh, and the preggo brain (forgot to mention it in the last post ), that is in full force.

#20 of 42 Old 02-02-2010, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzmin View Post
I finally was able to schedule and interview with a MW (same one you use Blue Butterfly!)
Yay! I just made my 12 week appt. with her today When are you doing your interview?

#21 of 42 Old 02-02-2010, 05:30 PM

I'm really hormonal, too

I got my hcg draw results, they were 56.47. Which is low but I'm trying to remind myself that what matters most is to see them double tomorrow when I go in. My ectopic pregnancy took away fertility in my left fallopian tube, if I have another I could lose my fertility all together :/
#22 of 42 Old 02-02-2010, 05:48 PM

Quote:

That's all.
I am sorry you are having such a hard day. Is there anything you can take of your to do list for today. Maybe you could just sit down with the kids and read books or watch a movie. Could your DH bring home dinner or just have sandwiches.

I hope the day passes quickly, and tomorrow is an easier day.

Marti, Wife to DH of 10 years, Mother to DS9, DS8, DD5, DS2 and precious baby in my womb.
#23 of 42 Old 02-02-2010, 05:55 PM

Maybe you were the client she was with when I called her today

We are meeting on Feb. 19th. I am hoping my DH will be able to make it to the appt. It is his busy season right now and he can't really make any appts. unless they are after 7pm

#24 of 42 Old 02-02-2010, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by salamancagirl1 View Post
I am sorry you are having such a hard day. Is there anything you can take of your to do list for today. Maybe you could just sit down with the kids and read books or watch a movie. Could your DH bring home dinner or just have sandwiches.

I hope the day passes quickly, and tomorrow is an easier day.
Thanks Marti...I think maybe I'm more sensible this afternoon. We made it through school time this morning and I even think I'm thinking like a normal woman right now. I just can't get over how much this pregnancy is effecting my hormones! I'm seriously a mess. The whole issue this morning was over groundhog day! Seriously rediculous. My dh is gonna hate me by the time this is over.

#25 of 42 Old 02-02-2010, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBomb View Post
I'm really hormonal, too

I got my hcg draw results, they were 56.47. Which is low but I'm trying to remind myself that what matters most is to see them double tomorrow when I go in. My ectopic pregnancy took away fertility in my left fallopian tube, if I have another I could lose my fertility all together :/
Hoping your numbers are great tomorrow. I don't know anything about hcg results, but I hope you get good numbers. Good luck. I'll be thinking of you!

#26 of 42 Old 02-02-2010, 08:52 PM

I think we figured out how to afford our HB!!! I'm so happy! Don't have to deal with the LC at the hospital!

Melissa Wife To James & Mama to Christopher Michael- 6/03 ,Ella Cheyenne- 10/09 & Xander Ryan James- 9/10 :
#27 of 42 Old 02-03-2010, 12:38 AM

CherryBomb - I'm hoping for good numbers!!

I've called 4 midwife clinics in Toronto, and I'm waiting to hear back from any of them. I'm anxious to get my first appointment booked and worried that they'll fill up quickly!

I'm so happy to have passed the 4w3d mark of my loss in May, and I'm feeling pretty good about things.

I'm worried I might be getting a UTI, though. I'm hoping to feel better tomorrow!
#28 of 42 Old 02-03-2010, 08:47 PM

Blah! I called around 3pm and they didn't have my results. So now I have to wait until morning. I'll call first thing, but I hate this waiting crap. I just want to see that my levels have gone up and I can relax (a little...for now...)

Grats on the milestone, MaybeJ! And grats on figuring out how to pay for the hb, Melissa
#29 of 42 Old 02-03-2010, 09:06 PM

well, the nausea, extra saliva and super sleepiness has hit me full force today, it's kinda nice though, i actually "feel" pregnant!

how's everyone else feeling?

#30 of 42 Old 02-05-2010, 01:04 AM

Ugh, I'm 5 1/2 weeks and starting to get "hangover tummy." It feels like I drank a few too many beers yesterday (I'm not drinking any, I swear!). Gotta be honest, I'm a little worried how bad this is going to get and how long it's going to last. Hopefully the lemons and gingersnaps will keep working their magic!

9/2011 items decluttered

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page