Long Valentine's day/night - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 02-15-2010, 08:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yesterday was an awful day. I wasn't feeling well at all- and bf wasn't being helpful (but that's another story)

After an attempted dinner at a local Italian joint, I ended up needing to pull over on a busy expressway at night, and toss my cookies (for the 5th time that day) - not to mention it was night, and the cars were all going like 80mph. Yikes!

After that- I felt worse. I started getting bad cramps, and the puke feeling just wouldn't go away. After a few tries at local ERs we finally found one that no one was at. Too good to be true! I presented with intractable nausea and vomiting, lrq pain with rebound tenderness and abdominal cramping. The attending assessed me and said I needed labs, a u/s, fluids, and phenergan and benadryl. The only problem was that they didn't have a u/s machine. So to avoid me having to sign AMA they transferred me to the bigger hospital down
the street. They weren't able to get iv access on me because I'm generally a hard stick but i was too dehydrated my veins were too small. They gave me the phenergan and benadryl IM- and it made the nausea calm down.

At the other ER they were, after a few tries, to get access in my upper arm. A deep vein, but hey, they got it. They drew labs, started fluids, gave me zofran, ordered a pelvic and a u/s. Looonnnggg story short I was really dehydrated and I have a corpus leutial cyst on my right ovary. That is what is causing the pain I am having. It should clear up on it's own between 9-12 weeks.

On the u/s, I got to see the little bean the heart was just beating away and he/she wasn't bothered by anything that was going on. I was finally d/ced at 4am- and signed in at 930pm! I was thankful to go home.

Does anyone else have a painful corpus leutial cyst? It's fine most times, but others- it just hurts. It's like a stabbing pain :/ the dr just told me Tylenol, and more Tylenol. I'm just not a fan of taking things unless I need it.

On a positive note- I haven't puked today!! Yay!

"Damn it man, I'm a doctor, not a physicist!" -Bones McCoy. Ds1 6 bouncy.gif Dd1 4 energy.gifDd2 5 months baby.gif
#2 of 9 Old 02-15-2010, 08:17 PM

Awww, I've never dealt with that, but it sounds like you had a pretty awful day. *hugs*

Me+DH+DS1+DS2+Dog=me and a house full of guys, which is really just peachy, thanks.
#3 of 9 Old 02-15-2010, 08:20 PM

Yeah.... for sure....

glad your little bean is alright

WOH Mom (for now)to DS (aka:Kiddo) and Little Bean (10/12/2010), Married to DH for ~7 years,
#4 of 9 Old 02-15-2010, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Does anyone else have a painful corpus leutial cyst? It's fine most times, but others- it just hurts. It's like a stabbing pain :/ the dr just told me Tylenol, and more Tylenol. I'm just not a fan of taking things unless I need it.

What is a corpus leutial cyst?? How would you know you have one?

I"m so sorry you had such a stressful weekend! I hope you are feeling better and on the not puking today thing!!!

Tara, mama to Addison (4/07) and brokenheart.gif 03/20/10, brokenheart.gif05/27/10, and our newest addition and  rainbow1284.gifbabygirl.gif Emerson Rae (4/27/11) uc.jpg, married to John

#5 of 9 Old 02-15-2010, 11:09 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Oh goodness Mama! I hope you get to feeling better. That doesn't sound like any fun at all!

Life is to be enjoyed...not just endured!
#6 of 9 Old 02-16-2010, 03:07 AM - Thread Starter

They knew I had one bc of the pelvic exam and the u/s. It's a cyst that helps the baby grow until the placenta can do the work by itself. They usually go away between 9-12 weeks, mine is just in a painful area. :-/ buuuttt 20 hrs post d/c and still no puke!!!

"Damn it man, I'm a doctor, not a physicist!" -Bones McCoy. Ds1 6 bouncy.gif Dd1 4 energy.gifDd2 5 months baby.gif
#7 of 9 Old 02-16-2010, 05:18 AM

Glad you're feeling better. Sometimes dehydration can set one up for a vicious cycle of barfing too.

Kelli, Upstate NY mama, dh FarmBoy, raising 6:, his, mine, and ours.

#8 of 9 Old 02-16-2010, 01:36 PM

I have one on my left that the doc commented on the size and I feel your pain...hang in there mama!

Wife to DH : and SAHM to miracle DS born 10/30/08 and expecting a second miracle 10/03/10 after 11/09 loss. Only semi- crunchy but learning as I go...
#9 of 9 Old 02-16-2010, 11:13 PM

I'm glad you seem to be doing a little better! How awful that must have been for you!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page