Mothering Forum banner

So being pregnant sucks

1K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  lotusma 
#1 ·
I really hate being pregnant this time. With DD I was that obnoxious glowing pregnant lady that everyone hates. This time I'm miserable. I've had morning sickness for the better part of 5 weeks and while I haven't thrown up I feel so nauseous alllll day. I'm exhausted, but I can't sleep. I pee upwards of 15 times a day. It just sucks. I'm miserable, DD ends up entertaining herself most of the day and DH comes home to a whiny woman in sweatpants.

#2 ·
I could have written this post!!! I am in the exact same boat as you, I feel so awful all day! With DD I wasn't nearly as sick as I am with this little one. I am constantly on the verge of throwing up, I am so tired but keep waking up because I have to pee, every food except homemade egg mcmuffins makes me want to die... I am so grateful to be pregnant but I am also SO looking forward to not feeling like this anymore. Poor DD has been watching so many movies (she loves it but I feel so guilty) because I need to nap all afternoon. DH works from home and has been a total prince, cooking for us and cleaning etc.

Hugs to you mama, I'm right there with you!

#3 ·
I can't wait for the second trimester and hopefully feeling better. I have been more tired this pregnancy than any other. On top of that not feeling good is making for very long days. My DH is working two jobs at the moment so he is working 12+ hours days. Which means I am on my own, and I feel like I should have dinner ready for my DH every night. It is not like he isn't working hard too.

Hopefully you will be that obnoxious glowing pregnant lady again soon. When we all start to feel better everything will be easier.

#4 ·
I know the feeling
Constant nausea, vomiting at least twice a day and i look like dog poo! While DH does his best to keep the house cleaned....there's only so much he can do while working and spending time with the girls.

This too shall pass
This too shall pass
repeat

#5 ·
I too could have written this post!!! Bring on the 2nd trimester energy!!! And to top off everything- DH & I have been sick with a stomach bug for 2 days...Thank heavens my DS is so good at independent play...I am over this feeling sick...

#6 ·
hope you feel better soon. I understand where you are coming from. I've been nauseous, vomitting, dehydrated and dead tired. I've called out if work 3 days in a row this week, I feel horrible. I've gotten 2 different prescriptions to help out and they don't work.

I feel horrible that I'm so sick and can't enjoy this pregnancy but I think it's great that we are so sick because things are progressing nicely. I hope this ends after the first trimester!

Today I am pregnant and I love my baby. That tends to get me through the day, that and sleep.

#7 ·
I'm sorry you don't feel well. I don't have morning sickness (yet) but I'm so exhausted ALL THE TIME I can barely keep my eyes open. The timing for exhaustion couldn't be worse either because we are moving and I have to drive back and forth between the old place and the new place to move a few things at a time and keep an eye on the construction crew during the day. DH works a full time job and has his own business that takes up a lot of evening and weekend time too so I hate to put everything on him but I'm so sleepy all the time I literaly feel like I can't drive a full 10 minutes without pulling over to nap! I sure hope it gets better in the 2nd trimester!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.