Any Repeat C/S Mamas? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-24-2010, 11:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have had 2 c/s and I will be having a 3rd for medical reasons. There are places down here where I could attempt a VBA2C but after my past 2 attempts at natural childbirth that isn't going to happen. Just wondering if there were any other mamas out there in a similar situation!

Rachel, proud Army wife to my superhero.gif and SAHM to my crazy boys jumpers.gif... Trevor 4/08, Trenton 6/09 and Travis 10/10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2010, 12:55 AM

Hey girlie! What happened w/ your other two!? I'm sure I read your story but I can't remember it!!

I don't know all that much about C/S....but when do you decide to schedule one or how does that work? Do they wait until 40 weeks? How was your recovery time with Trevor vs. your second?

Hope all is well! Glad your spotting stopped too!!

Tara, mama to Addison (4/07) and brokenheart.gif 03/20/10, brokenheart.gif05/27/10, and our newest addition and  rainbow1284.gifbabygirl.gif Emerson Rae (4/27/11) uc.jpg, married to John

Old 02-25-2010, 01:04 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtara2003x View Post
Hey girlie! What happened w/ your other two!? I'm sure I read your story but I can't remember it!!

I don't know all that much about C/S....but when do you decide to schedule one or how does that work? Do they wait until 40 weeks? How was your recovery time with Trevor vs. your second?

Hope all is well! Glad your spotting stopped too!!
I have a VERY small pelvic opening and the curve between the two openings is very sharp.. my kids just don't fit out. I made them actually MEASURE while they were in there getting Trevor out They let me try a VBAC with Trenton since his head was measuring smaller but is just doesn't work. They can't even get down low enough to put pressure on my cervix, both times all they needed to do was put in a foley ball to get labor going but as soon as my water broke (both times on its own around 9 cms) I went from 9 cms back down to 6 because there was no pressure on my cervix anymore. Sucks but it is what it is. As one of the very small percentage of women who can't have babies naturally I am very thankful for modern medicine!!

I believe they will let me schedule my c/s for my due date or around then since I have never gone into labor on my own and I am not in immediate danger if I were to go into labor (ie with a complete previa) so if that were to happen I could just go in. I recovered really well with both of them actually... a bit quicker with Trenton but Daymon was home for my whole recovery so I didn't have to life strollers and carseats and lug crap around like I had to with Trevor!

That was like the longest answer ever... my bad!!

Rachel, proud Army wife to my superhero.gif and SAHM to my crazy boys jumpers.gif... Trevor 4/08, Trenton 6/09 and Travis 10/10
Old 02-25-2010, 01:09 AM

Wow!!! That sure does sound like a case where your pelvis really IS too small!! That's what medical technology is here for though!!

It reminds me of my friend...well..one of the girls I'm having problems with. She was my MOH in my wedding. Anyway, her sister's husband has testicular cancer and had chemo and all his sperm was killed (w/o telling them that would happen). Well they decided to use a donor to do IVF for her. She got pregnant on the 3rd try and is due in June. My friend made a comment that I'm so against medicine that I look down on her for conceiving the way she did...

Uhh....how about no? I would never look down on someone for conceiving that way! THANK GOD for medical technology and doctors and nurses, etc. WE NEED THEM. There is no doubt that we do! Sheeeesh!

Anyway....will you have the same OB as you did for Trenton??

Tara, mama to Addison (4/07) and brokenheart.gif 03/20/10, brokenheart.gif05/27/10, and our newest addition and  rainbow1284.gifbabygirl.gif Emerson Rae (4/27/11) uc.jpg, married to John

Old 02-25-2010, 01:18 AM - Thread Starter

Yup, definitely grateful for medical technology!! Also why I made them physically measure everything before telling me "oh your pelvis is too small" because a ton of OBs seem to use that as an excuse to c/s.

Anyway, hopefully I will have the same OB! I am not sure if he is still working at the hospital here but if he is I definitely want him. He was great and not pushy at all about testing and all that. I have my stupid first intake appointment on the 11th which is also when I get to schedule my first real appointment so I can find out if he is still there then!

Old 02-25-2010, 01:46 AM

March 11 is my birthday! I will think of you that day!!!

My first question and answer appt is on Sunday!! I'm excited! She'll bring me back 3 weeks later to try to hear the HB! Can't wait!! As soon as I hear the heart beat I will feel SOOOOO much better and I will feel as if this is SO much more real!!!

Old 02-25-2010, 01:48 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtara2003x View Post
March 11 is my birthday! I will think of you that day!!!

My first question and answer appt is on Sunday!! I'm excited! She'll bring me back 3 weeks later to try to hear the HB! Can't wait!! As soon as I hear the heart beat I will feel SOOOOO much better and I will feel as if this is SO much more real!!!
I can't wait to hear a heartbeat too... just like with boys I have basically no symptoms so it all feels very surreal at this point still!!

Old 02-25-2010, 11:22 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm not sure yet. My last was a VBA2C that went well but we'll see what happens this time. After reading some of the newer studies out I want to have the thickness of the lower segment of my uterus measured via u/s around 36 weeks. Also if anything like breech comes up I'll schedule a rcs. Everything went well last time so I anticipate it will again, but I've learned not to assume anything
Old 02-25-2010, 06:36 PM

Due to medical reasons for me, and the fact that I am "high risk" - no one is even willing to let me try! Not even in an OR. Though- I'm still looking... This has already been called a c/s and it will be my first one.

First was due to severe pre-eclampsia and failure to progress after 24 hrs
second was just a repeat
this one, well now I have heart and autonomic issues... So yeah.

They told me I'd be scheduled around 39 weeks.

"Damn it man, I'm a doctor, not a physicist!" -Bones McCoy. Ds1 6 bouncy.gif Dd1 4 energy.gifDd2 5 months baby.gif
Old 02-25-2010, 07:54 PM

I'm having a repeat c-section. I tried to VBAC with my second pregnancy but my blood pressure spiked and I was borderline pre-eclamptic at 38.5 weeks. The choices were induction or c-section and I didn't feel comfortable inducing because of the increased risk of rupture and I was not dialated AT ALL. I personally don't feel comfortable with VBA2C, and I don't think I could find a provider who would support one anyway.

Nikki
Mom to my boys A (6), J (4), and my baby girl A (10/25/10)
Old 02-26-2010, 01:43 AM

Due to medical reasons I'll be having my 3rd c-section. My babies have been coming earlier and earlier,so I'm expecting this one at 37 wks. I hope that he/she holds on to at least 37 weeks.

: 2:Ma To 6 :12,8,7,5,2,1&
Old 02-26-2010, 02:44 AM - Thread Starter

I am so glad I am not the only one! What are you ladies planning on doing to try and make your c/s the best birth experience it can be?

Old 02-26-2010, 02:47 AM

For me I think that I'm going to ask someone else besides my DH to be in the room with me. He just doesn't do well and I need all the support that I can get. What about you?

: 2:Ma To 6 :12,8,7,5,2,1&
Old 02-26-2010, 03:03 AM

Repeat c/s, this will be my 4th. Labored with 1st, pushed 2 hours then had c/s cuz DD was not fitting out! Attempted vbac with #2, unsuccessfully. #3 was c/s and the best experience by far, hoping #4 will be the same.

By now I know exactly what I want and I let them know, I think that is why #3 went so well. For me personally I request: No sedating meds, babe stays with me at all times except for about 1 hour when it goes to nursery and DH goes too, I eat no bread and an apple every day post op to prevent constipation, get up out of bed ASAP after surgery, put on my makeup! (just helps me feel pretty ) Oh, and my OB is very cool, let's DH put on a sterile sleeve and cut the cord for the first cut. I also love my toradol (like an IV motrin) and they usually only do it for 24 hours, but I always ask for one more dose or 2. I get really nauseated post op and ask for something, I think I got kytril. Got a single dose of zofran before the car ride home. Request sutures instead of staples. Those are strictly my personal things I request, and I am not recommending that anyone do the same. This is just what works for me. I'm not typically one to take lots of meds, but I've learned that for me in this immediate post op period that the meds made a huge difference.

mom to 4 kids, ages 20 mos to 11 years

Old 02-26-2010, 03:21 AM - Thread Starter

Just like the last 2 I plan to request that the drape be lowered so I can see the baby come out, DH cut the cord, and the baby doesn't go anywhere without one of us. Our hospital here has you go to a recovery room for an hour and during that time period DH does skin to skin with the baby (funny sidenote... DS2 actually latched onto DH's nipple during their cuddle time!!) and yeah... I have always been up 10-12 hours after surgery. I agree about the meds, usually I take nothing but post c/s I am all for it.

User Tag List