Clear stretchy discharge and cramping?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 02-25-2010, 01:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is kind of long just so you know.

Ok, I am curious if anyone else is going through this. I have had cramps since a week before my period was due. Of course I assumed my period was on it's way. It never showed and I continued cramping. I had 3 negative tests right around this time so I figured my cycle was just messed up from breast feeding. It was about 2 weeks after it would have been due (if things were normal in my body) that I found out I was pregnant. That was last Wednesday.

Last Sunday I went to the bathroom and had a very small amount of brownish pink stretchy discharge and there was very very very light pink on the toilet paper. I figured my period would come by the morning. I also had a really bad yeast infection (sorry if I am grossing you out) and went to get some over the counter medication for it on Wednesday, that is also when I bought the pregnancy test. Well the test was positive so I didn't think much about the very light pink On Sunday.

A couple days after my positive I had another very small amount of the brownish pink stretchy discharge (this has always been on the toilet paper, never in my underwear). A day or two after that I had a very small amount, maybe the size of half of a dime? of bright red blood in the toilet and nothing on the toilet paper. The past few days I haven't had anything weird and then today I had a decent amount of clear stretchy discharge. Like I said, I have been cramping since about a week before my period was due. I remember having cramps like this with my daughter and it seems like they lasted through most of my pregnancy. I don't remember having the clear stretchy discharge with her and I am positive I never saw any color through my whole pregnancy.

I think these cramps are normal for me, they feel like period cramps and they are annoying and uncomfortable. They are not so severe that I can't do anything by any means but I would call them a worse than mild for sure.

I feel really silly because I think about miscarriage constantly and I am scared to death of it happening. It is amazing how much you love your baby from the time you first see the positive result. I keep reading to see if what I am going through is normal but pretty much anything I read about cramps makes me feel like it is the begining of the end.

I am just curious if anyone is going through this now or if you ever have with past pregnancies. Has anyone else been having cramping for a while now? I know some of you have had the brown spotting because there are a couple posts out there already. What about the constant fear of miscarriage, am I just nuts??? Oh and I have been testing every few days just to make sure there is a dark line that appears fast. I will probably continue to test until my appointment next Thursday. Is anyone else being nutty like that?

Thanks for reading, I am hoping for some positive insight.

Waiting, not so patiently, to meet our new addition this October
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 12 Old 02-25-2010, 02:59 PM

i've has 3 miscarriages so that fear is always in my mind but you can't let it take away from your joy right now. what will be will be. believe me, i know that's easier said than done.

i've had tons of clear stretchy discharge this time around, i think it's pretty normal and i had cramps up through 6 weeks. HTH

Wife to DH (9/02) Homeschooling Mama to DD1 (2/03) DD2 (11/06) DD3(9/10)

#3 of 12 Old 02-25-2010, 03:11 PM - Thread Starter

Blue butterfly, I am sorry for your losses. Thanks for the advice, I think most woman probably have these fears but sometimes you feel like a crazy person, you know?

#4 of 12 Old 02-25-2010, 04:03 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
First, I don't think you're being silly or nutty. The first trimester is nerve-wracking!

I've been having the cramping along with pink/red spotting, doing the constant testing, and having the constant fears of m/c. Also, I had clear stretchy mucus in all of my pregnancies. With DS, I had it all the way through and by the end I was wearing pantyliners because it was so copious. I was under the impression that it can be normal to have that kind of discharge during pregnancy.

I agree with blue butterfly - I just try to tell myself that "Today I am pregnant" and do whatever I need to do to cope. If that means eating a pint of Ben & Jerry's and taking 4 pg tests in one day, then that's what I do. I'm thinking of you.

Mama to DS1 (12/07), DS2 (4/11), and DD (6/22/14)
Finally diagnosed with APS after 3 s (11/09, 3/10, 7/13)
#5 of 12 Old 02-25-2010, 04:18 PM - Thread Starter

Oh my gosh, Sihaya. Your message made me tear up. Thank you so much. It makes me feel better to know that other people are nervous too (even though I am sure it sucks for you just like it does for me ). You are right. Today I am pregnant, and I need to enjoy today. I will be so happy when I get to 13 or 14 weeks, 12 isn't even good enough for me haha. I just really hope that all of us here have happy healthy pregnancies!

#6 of 12 Old 03-02-2010, 01:16 PM

hey hun, were due around the same time!

I have it as well, or did. My cramping has gotten alot better, but I had a few days of this clear mucus stuff, sometimes tinged with brown and one time of pink when I wipe. I still get the mucus stuff from time to time but no pink. I dont remeber with my other 4 pregnancies having it but I asked around and it seems its normal. what it is I have no idea..lol
I too have had some losses and every time I go pee I am wondering if this is it. With every ache and pain I am wondering if this is my body starting the process of miscarriage. I am dealing , by just taking a deep breath and saying to myself this time is different and everything is going to be fine.
hugs hun and I must say being able to talk and relate to other people here has been a huge help

Unschooling Crunchy Mama of 5 babies. Welcome Emily-Rose born September 7th 2010!
#7 of 12 Old 03-02-2010, 01:39 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Green Ma. I had a real scare early Friday morning after I wrote this post. I got up around 4 AM to use the bathroom and had quite a bit of brownish pink bleeding and lots of mucusy stuff. It was awful. I was so scared and just started bawling. I woke my husband up and told him I was pretty sure I was going to have a miscarriage. I went to the bathroom again and still had the same thing. Then the third time I went (this all happened in about a half an hour time span) there was nothing and I haven't had anything since. I went to the Dr. Friday and we got to see the baby and the heartbeat which made me feel a little better but I am still scared. I have another appointment this Thursday so I am hoping everything is still ok. I am trying to be positive since I haven't had any more bleeding but I think I will be on edge until I am about 13 weeks. It is such a scary thing and there has been so much loss in this DDC it seems. I hope everything turns out ok for you as well.

#8 of 12 Old 03-02-2010, 01:57 PM

hugs love, were gonna be fine.

Unschooling Crunchy Mama of 5 babies. Welcome Emily-Rose born September 7th 2010!
#9 of 12 Old 01-05-2011, 02:57 PM

hi all,

im 11 weeks preggo now and the last 2-3 days i have been feeling pressure in my lower abdomen followed by discomfort, especially when i sit straight or lie down on my right side, today when i went to the bath room, i noticed clear elasticy discharge, it was like sprinngy i was freaked out especially since i have been feeling the pressure and discomfort, im not sure if i should be worried or if i should book my self a trip to the er just to make sure everything is fine. i will be going to my obs in 5 days for a check up but am still worried that im missin something importnant...

i know almost all of you here have expressed your fears of aches and pains, are any of you over the first trimester yet?

good luck and hugs to all

#10 of 12 Old 01-05-2011, 04:24 PM

Whoa, I was so confused there for a minute!  I was having a hard time wrapping my head around one of us being pregnant again already.  Eeek.

Hi Alex88, we're all postpartum now with 2- to 3-month-old babies.  Maybe ask in a newer due date club (DDC)?  I hope everything goes well for you.

9/2011 items decluttered
#11 of 12 Old 01-05-2011, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlier View Post

Whoa, I was so confused there for a minute!  I was having a hard time wrapping my head around one of us being pregnant again already.  Eeek.

Hi Alex88, we're all postpartum now with 2- to 3-month-old babies.  Maybe ask in a newer due date club (DDC)?  I hope everything goes well for you.

lmao, my youngest two are 11 months and 2 days apart! Middle was born October 28th 2009 and youngest was born September 30, 2010

Melissa Wife To James & Mama to Christopher Michael- 6/03 ,Ella Cheyenne- 10/09 & Xander Ryan James- 9/10 :
#12 of 12 Old 01-06-2011, 11:10 AM

I got really confused at first too!  LOL

Alex88, more/different cervical fluid can be a normal part of pregnancy as can cramping/discomfort/pressure.  If you notice a big change in how you feel, definitely check in with your OB/MW, but it doesn't necessarily mean anything.  Good luck with your pregnancy!

Loving DH geek.gif, raising DS1 learning.gif(01/08) and DS2 bfinfant.gif(10/10), caring for cat.gif x 3 .

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page