What baby stuff do you KNOW you won't use/have to buy? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-27-2010, 01:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay....so....

What baby stuff do you KNOW you will NOT need to buy...

I went to Target today to go shopping for a friends bridal shower. Well I couldn't resist looking at the baby gear that they have out now..since I haven't really been down those aisles in a while as DD will be 3 soon.

Anyway.....walking through the aisles, I was amazed at how much JUNK they sell for babies who really REALLY don't really NEED all that much!

For example......we got a bouncer for a gift, and used it a total of two times. DD never ever wanted to be put down, so wraps especially the moby wrap was our life saver.

They have tons of plasticy teethers and such that I won't ever be buying or using for another baby (eww BPA!) and DD liked a good old fashioned wash rag frozen in the freezer as well as an amber teething necklace that we put on her from like 6 months to 2.5 years!

We have a crib, but we're not sure if we're going to be putting it up or not. DD hardly ever slept in a crib (she only wanted to be held....and will only nap to this day on my lap or in the car..). We do have a co sleeper which we will probably put up just to have some place to put the baby where I know he/she will be "safe"...(not that I think DD will be aggressive....but you know..).

Lots and lots of new clothes....yeah..that's so not happening. I'm all about the second hand shops and hand me downs!! I will have to buy a few things if it's a boy but I get more a kick out of finding a great 'used' find then I do with buying new!! In fact, I often find BRAND NEW items at the second hand stores for way cheaper than new!!

We don't need a high chair because we have that fisher price space saver high chair which we LOVE (DD still uses it a lot). We also don't start solids until around 1 year old too so mainly when my kids are babies they use the high chair just to play while we are eating.

Okay that's my list so far...what else mamas!?

Tara, mama to Addison (4/07) and brokenheart.gif 03/20/10, brokenheart.gif05/27/10, and our newest addition and  rainbow1284.gifbabygirl.gif Emerson Rae (4/27/11) uc.jpg, married to John

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2010, 02:07 AM

The most useless stuff I see are the freakin' wipes warmers. Really? REALLY?

(They seem like a fire hazard to me!)

This is my first, but I was a nanny for a while and I've been around a lot of other people's kids, and it really depends on the kid, the parent, and what they need.

I have a special hatred for those bedding sets that come with a dust ruffle, a bumper, a diaper stacker, four wall hangings and a framed picture. Like, nursery in a box. All for a kid who probably won't sleep much in hir crate, er, crib.

The ultimate in weirdo baby products to me is all those little tiny juices and yogurts and toddler foods. I just don't get why you would spend 3x the price on a yogurt cup because it's a special toddler yogurt.

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
Old 02-27-2010, 02:09 AM

After 2 kids back to back we have pretty much exactly what we need and use!! I do need to buy a new infant seat since I gave mine to my best friend but there isn't much I need to buy... Just stuff I want!!

Rachel, proud Army wife to my superhero.gif and SAHM to my crazy boys jumpers.gif... Trevor 4/08, Trenton 6/09 and Travis 10/10
Old 02-27-2010, 02:15 AM - Thread Starter

Speaking of car seats........

I have a pink Graco one. Does anyone know if you can just get like a blue COVER for it instead of buying a whole new seat if we have a boy? I mean...DH really won't want our boy in a pink car seat for sure........so I have to figure out SOMETHING.

Someone told me about the car seat COVERS but I can't remember where!! Anyone know!?

Tara, mama to Addison (4/07) and brokenheart.gif 03/20/10, brokenheart.gif05/27/10, and our newest addition and  rainbow1284.gifbabygirl.gif Emerson Rae (4/27/11) uc.jpg, married to John

Old 02-27-2010, 02:17 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FtMPapa View Post

I have a special hatred for those bedding sets that come with a dust ruffle, a bumper, a diaper stacker, four wall hangings and a framed picture. Like, nursery in a box. All for a kid who probably won't sleep much in hir crate, er, crib.

The ultimate in weirdo baby products to me is all those little tiny juices and yogurts and toddler foods. I just don't get why you would spend 3x the price on a yogurt cup because it's a special toddler yogurt.
Yeah we won't be doing any special "room" for the baby either. We only have a two bedroom apartment anyway. DD's bedroom has her bed in it (she starts the night out there but comes in our room the rest of the night). All her toys are in there. I decorated it with care bear stuff...and it's pretty girly..but even if it's a boy I'm not changing DD's room. We are planning to buy a house in the next 2 years or so, so we'll see what happens then. Until then, DD's room is staying care bears!!

And yeah I can't stand that toddler crap food either. It's junk anyway..and costs a BUNCH! How about get some yogurt in a big container even if it doesn't say "graduates" on it and put it in your own bowls?

Old 02-27-2010, 02:18 AM

You can call graco and you can buy any of the covers for your seat model

And we actually do decorate a nursery... Our kids start sleeping in their around 6 months since cosleeping tends not to work so well for us in general.

Rachel, proud Army wife to my superhero.gif and SAHM to my crazy boys jumpers.gif... Trevor 4/08, Trenton 6/09 and Travis 10/10
Old 02-27-2010, 03:17 AM

I don't plan on buying anything. Most of what we got for DD she hated and we never used. We have a crib that is nothing more than a glorified storage unit. She hated her swing and bouncy seat. The only thing I can say we LOVE was her changing table, which most baby books said was a waste of money. No no no our crib was the waste of money. Anyway, baby two might love the things that DD didn't so just as well we kept them all. Sure they are pink and we may have a boy, but he won't care. I have plenty of gender neutral baby clothes to get me through at least six months. I did splurge on some cute plush baby blocks I saw in the one step ahead magazine but other than that and maybe some more diaper covers cos ours are worn out now, I am buying nothing whatsoever.
Old 02-27-2010, 03:55 AM

Disposable diapers, formula, a baby monitor, a wipe warmer, a diaper genie, pacifiers...

I never ended up buying a crib (didn't need) or a changing table (improvised) for my daughter. We still have: a swing, stroller, infant car seat, vibrating infant seat, Jumperoo, electric breast pump, in bed co-sleeper in addition to too many clothes, toys, books, cloth diapers, burp cloths, wash clothes, towels, blankets and baby carriers/slings to count.

Now the ridiculous number of things that I need (ok "want") to buy is another thread...

daughter #1 10/13/07
daughter #2 10/08/10
Old 02-27-2010, 12:03 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Actually wipes warmer doesn't seem like a bad idea, those sucker get cold in the middle of the night! I've never used one, though.

We already have most of what we need. I do think baby swings can be a lifesaver if baby likes them. My third loved hers and that was the only thing that could make her happy sometimes. Never had a crib,we just used a pack n play with a basinett attachment for newborn stage. She slept in it in our room for 18 months and then went right to a toddler bed in her own room. That pack n play is the best investment we've made! We bought it new when our first was a baby for around a hundred bucks and it's lasted 8.5 years through three kids and will go onto this baby

I probaby will have to get a new infant seat and changing table. We had bought the changing table used at a yard sale for our first and it went through all three kids but it's really starting to fall apart (we keep having to glue pieces back together ) And the baby seat was made in 2005 so I think it's expiring soon, but I need to call graco and make sure. Dh thinks it's a scam to get more money but I'd rather be safe than sorry

Other than those two things the only thing I'll have to get is some clothes if it's a boy.
Old 02-27-2010, 12:30 PM

Car seat expiration is definitely not a scam Check out youtube for videos of expired car seats in crash tests, and show them to DH if he's still resistant to the idea. The plastic can degrade, and bad things can happen.

Let's see...we didn't keep anything from DD...I have this thing about not keeping things around sitting idle when other people could be using them, so pretty much everything has been re-homed. Except two woven wraps that I kept, and a few other slings.

We'll get a new infant car seat (though we've discussed going straight into a convertible, but since this will be a late fall/winter baby maybe the car removability factor makes the infant seat worth it...) and find a swing somewhere (with DD, the swing was the only place she'd sleep out of our arms for at least 9 months). No crib needed here, DD never used one. I won't be able to resist buying more diapers and slings and wraps, though...but I buy most of those used, so it should be palatable

Clothes...we'll probably buy some, but fewer than we did with DD because many more of our friends have kids now, whereas DD was one of the first in our circle. Lots of people want to send on the love that we sent to them with all of DD's clothes.

I want ultrasound confirmation and then I'll start knitting for this baby...still crossing all fingers and toes here...

DD March 2007...happily nursing, EC graduated, family-bed-sharing family... expecting another in early November!
Old 02-27-2010, 12:41 PM

With our second I realized how little toys we needed. He was happy to chew on a wooden block. So we will be really selective with toys.

I had one of those arch toys which I liked, but I always tripped over it in our small space. I am thinking of hanging one toy at a time from our archway, but thinking of strangulation hazards so I'm not sure.

We did use our bouncy seat a bit. Rarely used our swing and it takes up too much space.

We have a moses basket that I used a bit and am thinking of getting a base so the baby can be off the ground away from two active boys. We co-sleep and no space for anything bigger than a moses basket.

If it is a boy, we should be mostly set, except this one will be a different season. If it is a girl, well we will definitely be set because the grandmas will be so excited. Plus, my sil just had a little girl last Oct.

I need a new ring sling, my last one wore out with both of my boys. I want to get or make one other kind of carrier.

As long as the cloth diapers survived, we should be mostly set with them.

No high chair here. It just takes up too much space.

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
Old 02-27-2010, 01:01 PM

I guess this really depends on the person/family!

I personally loved the bouncer with ds - I didn't buy one before he was born and ended up going out and purchasing one once he was here. I work from home and it was wonderful to be able to put him down right in front of me and work on the computer hands free. He would nap in it, ect.

I personally loved my wipe warmer - we use cloth, but it would keep them nice and toasty! I'd put cloth wipes and my homemade wipe solution poured over the top and plan to do it again!

There is so much useless stuff out there though! Like that bear that makes a heartbeat sound ... if you co-sleep your baby gets the real deal.

We are not doing a nursery for this baby - I did one for ds and all I ever did in there was store his diapers and rock in his rocking chair. This time we'll prepare for the baby to co-sleep - I want to buy one of those Arms Reach cocoon hammocks but it will go in our bedroom. I'll probably buy a changing table to put in our office to store diapers, the wipe warmer and change the baby.

I'd like to get a bouncer, wipe warmer, sling, cloth diapers, clothing and the co-sleeper cocoon .. possibly a breast pump because I am a working Mom and even though I WAH there will be times I need to go into the office and have pumped milk ready to go.

No highchair here either - may do one of those space saver ones that go on the chair but we have plenty of time because we wont start solids for a while.

Candacepeace.gif, Married to dh   guitar.gif, Mom to ds (8) biggrinbounce.gif , Gavin candle.gif (9/30/10 - 12/19/10) and cautiously expecting our rainbow1284.gif 4-29-12

Old 02-27-2010, 01:19 PM

We'll be getting a convertible car seat, a small/simple high chair, an umbrella stroller for those few times that I'm not able to or choose not to wear the baby (already have a mei tai and a wrap), new socks, a select few new clothes (most will be hand-me-down or thrift shop), material for diapers, wash cloths for wipes, wool yarn for making longies, a couple of bottles for pumping, storage for pumped milk, a few select other things I'm sure.

What we won't be buying- changing table, bouncers, play yards, excersaucers, travel combo strollers, pacifiers, baby bag (we have plenty of totes), baby food (i make my own), baby wash/lotion/shampoo/oils etc. (he/she will be fine with water for a while) and tons of other useless trinkets.

Amanda : mom to : ds's 14, 12, 9, 1 & dd6

Old 02-27-2010, 01:23 PM

I'm going to get a highchair - I've been looking at the tripp-trapp Stokke high chair, and it would save space since it would pull right up to the table, just like any other chair. Those on-top-of-chair high chair things don't strike me as stable with my particular kitchen chairs.

What's the deal with Jumperoo/Jolly Jumpers? My friend tells me they're not allowed in the US anymore, and sure enough, I can't find them in stores. I'm thinking about getting one next time I'm in Canada for her.

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
Old 02-27-2010, 01:35 PM

We have the Keekaroo Height Right chair for DD (similar to the Stokke but less $$ and a few benefits IMHO like easier baby adaptations), and we LOVE IT. We didn't want a high chair for space reasons, but we decided to get this chair for the long haul and have used it daily since ~8ish months old and DD will be 3 next month. It is awesome

DD March 2007...happily nursing, EC graduated, family-bed-sharing family... expecting another in early November!
Old 02-27-2010, 01:35 PM

With DS, we had several items on long-term loan that we now don't have...and I'm debating which things to buy and which things to try and borrow and which to just not bother with, since this will be our last baby.

We borrowed a swing, a play gym (probably won't bother buying one), a bouncy (he wasn't into it so we probably won't bother), an exersaucer that was a LIFESAVER for a few months), a high chair (I think we'll probably use one again for several months...).

The crib is still side carred to our bed and we are convincing DS that it isn't his "little bed" anymore - that it's the baby's. We'll have the baby in there from the beginning I think - and probably until s/he is a year or so and we want to try having the kiddos sleep together (though if we have space for two beds at that point, they'll each get their own).

I have a moby and an Ergo and will probably get either the infant insert for the Ergo or a ring sling or something else that I can nurse the baby in on the go with my toddler.

We're fairly low tech parents. We have a baby monitor, but we don't *really* need it because we can hear DS through our shared bedroom wall. I mainly use it when I'm in the office during DS's nap - but, again, our house is pretty small so I can hear him if I'm listening without the monitor.

B, happily married to M. Mother to two boys: B (3/08) and A (9/10)
Old 02-27-2010, 01:36 PM

Oh - one thing we absolutely DO NOT buy? Anything with batteries. And generally plastic toys. DS has a few that he got as gifts, and they're plenty annoying. We do not generally replace batteries in them, either.

B, happily married to M. Mother to two boys: B (3/08) and A (9/10)
Old 02-27-2010, 01:58 PM

Quote:
I'm going to get a highchair - I've been looking at the tripp-trapp Stokke high chair, and it would save space since it would pull right up to the table, just like any other chair. Those on-top-of-chair high chair things don't strike me as stable with my particular kitchen chairs.
My inlaws bought one for the grandkids and it is really lovely. I think this would be worth looking into. Last time we had an inseat chair and it was really difficult for our toddler to climb in and out of when the chair was partially tucked in.

Maybe I will check out the Keekaroo height right chair.

nice ideas

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
Old 02-27-2010, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammo2Sammo View Post
My inlaws bought one for the grandkids and it is really lovely. I think this would be worth looking into. Last time we had an inseat chair and it was really difficult for our toddler to climb in and out of when the chair was partially tucked in.

Maybe I will check out the Keekaroo height right chair.

nice ideas
The Keekaroo is on overstock.com for $150 and they have another one that runs about $100 that looks very similar.

The Keekaroo does have a lot of accessory options, I'm not sure how much is necessary. I think cushions are a good idea, for comfort.

I won't need the chair until my kid is 6-9 mos old anyway, so that's still over a year away. I don't plan to start solids until the kiddo shows readiness, but it would be nice to have the kid sitting at the table while I cook or eat or whatever.

Old 02-27-2010, 02:16 PM

Quote:

What's the deal with Jumperoo/Jolly Jumpers? My friend tells me they're not allowed in the US anymore, and sure enough, I can't find them in stores. I'm thinking about getting one next time I'm in Canada for her.
You can still find the jumparoo things everywhere. I plan to get another one - ds LOVED his. I would hang it in the kitchen doorway and he would jump while I cooked dinner.

Candacepeace.gif, Married to dh   guitar.gif, Mom to ds (8) biggrinbounce.gif , Gavin candle.gif (9/30/10 - 12/19/10) and cautiously expecting our rainbow1284.gif 4-29-12

Old 02-27-2010, 02:51 PM

Quote:
The Keekaroo is on overstock.com for $150 and they have another one that runs about $100 that looks very similar.

The Keekaroo does have a lot of accessory options, I'm not sure how much is necessary. I think cushions are a good idea, for comfort.

I won't need the chair until my kid is 6-9 mos old anyway, so that's still over a year away. I don't plan to start solids until the kiddo shows readiness, but it would be nice to have the kid sitting at the table while I cook or eat or whatever.
We didn't really start solids until ~8mo (and she didn't really eat until 22mo!) but the keekaroo was great to have her right up at the table with us

We have the tray and the rubbery cushions. They didn't make the infant cushion when DD was little, but that looks nice, too...

Old 02-27-2010, 03:07 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
It's so much easier for me to say what we will be buying, which isn't much at all. I want to get DS a new car seat so baby can have his convertible. Also a booster seat for DS at the table so baby can have his space saver high chair.

I didn't do any baby holders last time (bouncer, jumper, exersaucer, etc.), so I'm considering a bouncer, a jumper, and a moses basket with a rocking stand to use as a bassinet. I did borrow a jumper and moses basket last time, but I think #2 will warrant actually having our own around.

I'm still debating a stroller. Never needed one with DS and am really not wanting one at all ever, but going to try to keep an open mind if we end up actually needing one. We don't live in a place with sidewalks and don't do things like going to the mall often, so I just don't see a situation where we would need one, but I could be totally wrong. We'll see...

We do a family bed on the floor (king+twin), so no crib, nursery decorations or furniture, co-sleeper, or any of that stuff. We do have a hammock we got for DS which was totally worth what we spent on it. Besides that, babywearing carriers (I have 7-8), and diapers, we didn't buy much at all for DS. I just didn't find that we needed much. He was the first grandchild all around, so we got plenty of clothes, books, and toys as gifts. If this one's a boy, we already have plenty of clothes and if it's a girl, we'll get more than enough as gifts.

Mama to DS1 (12/07), DS2 (4/11), and DD (6/22/14)
Finally diagnosed with APS after 3 s (11/09, 3/10, 7/13)
Old 02-27-2010, 04:23 PM

The list of things I don't need is too long, lol.
I might get a sling to try, I have a wrap but would like to try a sling.
I will need boy clothes if it's a boy.
I guess that's it
boobs (check)
car seat (check)
cloth diapers (check)
I will probably need some things for the birth but I guess that's another thread.

Krista; blessed mother to four earthly beings and three non-physical. Basking in my beautiful rainbow. 

Old 02-27-2010, 07:46 PM

No highchair, big giant stroller, pacifiers, bottle warmers, lotions, johnson & Johnson health sets, monitors, sleep positioners, wipes warmers, baby foods, toddler foods, nursery items, crib, bouncer, jumpy-roo, excersaucer, plastic toys, plastic teethers, expensive Babylegs that are made by a five year old in China (just cut the foot off a pair of knee socks and "hem" it - instant babylegs), plastic bottles, formula, newborn shoes or shoes for an infant who can't walk yet, changing table, diaper genie, Dreft, Ivory Snow, Bumbo seat, diaper bag, Baby Einstein or other awful videos and that awful, awful pod that you strap to your pregnant belly that is supposed to relay "lessons" to your unborn baby so that he or she is smarter than the other babies.

Jenn treehugger.gifmama to Monkeylearning.gifSquishyenergy.gif& Riverangel1.gif(8wks)Wife to Mikejog.gif See you at the rainbow1284.gif Bridge, Abigael cat.gifand McKenna dog2.gifgd.gifnamaste.giffamilybed2.gifbellyhair.gifcaffix.gifcrochetsmilie.gifom.gifknit.gifcomputergeek2.gif

Old 02-27-2010, 08:03 PM

Quote:
The most useless stuff I see are the freakin' wipes warmers. Really? REALLY?

(They seem like a fire hazard to me!)
My first kid loved them. Once we started using it she stopped screaming at the 3am diaper changes. Though once we stopped the middle of the night changes it was kinda useless.

My useless things were the crib, pack and play, and most of her toys. She'd honestly rather play with wooden spoons or measuring cups than her toys. There's a few she loves, but the majority of the time she'd rather play with my stuff. Like right she's dragging around my racquetball racket.

I was going to say the monitor, but we use it when we sex-ile DD to her room.

obstruct livery vehicles

Old 02-27-2010, 08:13 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by calihannah View Post
Car seat expiration is definitely not a scam Check out youtube for videos of expired car seats in crash tests, and show them to DH if he's still resistant to the idea. The plastic can degrade, and bad things can happen.
Haha, I know! Dh thinks EVERYTHING is a scam to get money out of him

Re: highchairs, we have a space saver that goes directly onto the chair and we LOVE it. It converts to a booster seat too.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:05 PM

Bouncy seat - I agree with the PP who works from home, the bouncy seat was perfect when I had to be hands/wrap free working at home or in the shower.

Infant seat - We were thinking about just using a convertible, but a coworker offered me an infant seat that she just finished using, so we'll use it for a few months.

Papa - We'll be getting a second Tripp Trapp - LOVE THAT THING! They have amazing resale value, as well.

I have a few structured carriers, wraps and slings but I'm sure there will be new thing that I will have to try.

Clothes - I just can't help myself, I have a weakness for baby clothes.

Infant cloth - We had a diaper service for 3 months with DD so I get to buy some infant dipes! Really excited about that.

Molly - Hard working mama to DD 06/06 , #2 9/2010!
Old 02-28-2010, 03:28 AM

Maybe we should start a new thread about the stuff we "need" or love but we're kind of embarrassed about.

I'm getting a GIANT stroller as a hand-me-down, it's a Chariot that converts to a bike trailer, jogger, skiing stroller, etc, and I will use it like crazy because I'll tow it behind my bike and walk the kid in it with the dogs, etc. But most people snerk at my giant stroller lust. (It's an AWESOME stroller, though. I'm getting it from the family I used to nanny for, so I know it already.)

I am really into these bath wrap things. I collect rubber ducks, so people are always giving me duck stuff, and I own three or four different rubber duck themed towels with little hoods on them, and one I even bought for myself.

I really want a specific changing table. Well, more like, I have designed a changing table made up of a couple of pieces of IKEA trofast furniture, and that's what I'll be building, my own IKEA hacker design as both changing table and diaper/clothing storage.

To keep with the actual purpose of this thread...I really hope I don't get a bunch of stuffed animals as gifts from people. I'm Ok with my kid having ONE super treasured stuffed animal as ze gets older, like maybe by the time the kid is willing to carry it around, but I don't want to have a whole stack of them. Someone just posted a huge bunch of stuffed animals (like, several garbage bags full) on my local FreeCycle and it makes me shudder.

(I can't believe so many people are into wipes warmers! I heard that they dry disposable wipes out and turn them brown, which made me think they were a fire hazard.)

Old 02-28-2010, 03:29 AM

So how necessary are changing tables? Please all you experienced mamas, if I need one let me know! I really don't want one. I figure we can we just use the couch or floor. Is that naive? Should we get one?

We've been trying to make a list of what to get. I think we're going to do a nursery/baby room just for fun and the heck of it, even thought we're planning to co-sleep. DW still has to use the closet in there for her closet until we move in a few years. I figure we'll be fine with just a dresser for the kiddo. I can't really imagine hanging up little clothes. We're going to get a crib that might be used occasionally for naps, although I suspect it will be a diaper storage place.

I don't think we're going to get a stroller right away. We plan to wear him/her when out and about. But if our kiddo hates being worn or something then we'll get one.

We're going to get one of those little baby bucket wash tub thingies. We don't have a bathtub, so we have to figure out a way to bathe him/her.

I can't wait to buy cloth diapers and slings and wraps and little clothes! We've only bought one thing so far: A little 5x7 card from Etsy that has a cute baby tiger on it and all of the attributes listed out around the edges that correspond with being born in the year of the tiger. We're going to hang it on the wall.

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

Old 02-28-2010, 03:50 AM - Thread Starter

I loved our wipes warmer too.....

The wipes don't turn brown unless they dry out after not having any water or liquid poured over them. You have to keep the pad wet and keep the wipes wet, and then they are fine!!

I agree though, they are useless for the most part after you stop doing middle of the night changes.

I would really LIKE to get a few more wraps....and maybe a sling even though I don't really "NEED" any more. I also would LIKE a new diaper bag. Mine is kind of falling apart and I used it a LOT for DD. I'm sure with having two...it will be used a lot as well.

I am SO calling graco to just get a new cover (if it's a boy) for the car seat we already have!!

I am also going to be buying more cloth diapers. I need to figure out how to "fix" the cloth diapers I have. They give DD a red butt every time she wears them since like 18 months old..and I've tried stripping them a million times. *sigh*

I'd hate to sell them all or something ( and have them not work out for someone else!!!).

We are thinking about getting a king sized bed..although I saw someone else posted about having a king and twin next to each other on the floor. We have been thinking about that too. Don't have to worry about anyone falling out of bed that way!! We may have to try that one!!

We have a stroller, which would be fine as we could keep using it with DD as I will wear the baby. DH is gonna do some baby wearing too so I would like to get him a MANLY wrap

User Tag List