At what point did you get m/s? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-27-2010, 12:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I wake up every morning wanting symptoms and don't have any yet. I'm 5w1d.
I've been sick with all my pg's, except my m/c's.

Hollie

mom to 4 kids, ages 20 mos to 11 years

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2010, 11:09 PM

This is the first babe for me, so no other pregnancies to compare it too. I started having morning sickness at 7w4d exactly. Before that I felt absolutely fine. I just had sore breasts and unrelenting facial acne, which unfortunately are still present.

Me, married to DH, my childhood sweetheart. Lucky mom to an amazing DD (10/15/10), , a funny little DS (1/11/13) , and 3 silly dogs. Expecting someone new February 14, 2015!
Old 02-27-2010, 11:14 PM

Um, hm. I think between 5-6 weeks?

Girl #1: 2/14/08
Girl #2: 10/14/10
Old 02-27-2010, 11:19 PM

I didn't get much in the way of m/s last time and seem to have even less this time. I do get a bit nauseated if I don't eat frequently, but I only get actually sick if I eat something I shouldn't (like a bunch of pizza .. oops). Mostly I have food aversions, increased appetite, and omg fatigue. For me the fatigue is the can't miss it symptom.

Loving DH geek.gif, raising DS1 learning.gif(01/08) and DS2 bfinfant.gif(10/10), caring for cat.gif x 3 .
Old 02-28-2010, 02:09 AM

Just started my m/s yesterday...at 8 weeks on the dot...it's worse with this one than with DS. I only got nauseated *maybe* 5 times with DS...I've puked once so far...but thinking it may be the pre-natals I'm taking...switched today and felt a lot better

Meredith
Old 02-28-2010, 03:00 AM

5-6 weeks with DD and 3-4 weeks with this pregnancy.

obstruct livery vehicles

Old 02-28-2010, 03:53 AM

I got major morning sickness at 8 weeks with DD...and it lasted well past 20!!! EWW!!!

This time...I'm 6 weeks and so far so good. Wondering if it will be the same as DD and I'll get sick at 8 weeks! that I don't!!

Tara, mama to Addison (4/07) and brokenheart.gif 03/20/10, brokenheart.gif05/27/10, and our newest addition and  rainbow1284.gifbabygirl.gif Emerson Rae (4/27/11) uc.jpg, married to John

Old 02-28-2010, 10:47 AM

I had a few waves of nausea but at 6w exactly the hardcore m/s hit. It seems to come on bad for a day, then I'll have a day or two of relief, then it comes back. Taking my rainbow light prenatals does seem to ease it - I ran out at the end of last week and was taking something else while I waited for my online order to arrive. My m/s was MUCH worse! Finally got them yesterday and I'm hoping they help ease it again!!

With ds I wasn't very sick at all. Waves of nausea but that was it. Never puked. Felt great by 10-11 weeks.

Candacepeace.gif, Married to dh   guitar.gif, Mom to ds (8) biggrinbounce.gif , Gavin candle.gif (9/30/10 - 12/19/10) and cautiously expecting our rainbow1284.gif 4-29-12

Old 03-02-2010, 01:21 PM

Don't remember with babies 1 and 2, but with #3 it hit right at 6 wks.

With this pregnancy, it hit at 5.5 wks.

I'm currently 10 wks and I had a few days around 9 wks where I felt good, but then 3 days ago it got waaaaay worse.
Old 03-02-2010, 02:37 PM

5-6 weeks for me with all three and still going strong at 9 weeks

Wife to DH (9/02) Homeschooling Mama to DD1 (2/03) DD2 (11/06) DD3(9/10)

Old 03-02-2010, 03:39 PM

It hit at 6 weeks. I'm 9 weeks now. I just feel so sick .

caffix.gif

Old 03-02-2010, 04:15 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Mine started on Friday, at 8 weeks exactly. Till then I thought I might be get lucky this time. The weekend was AWFUL. I barely got out of bed, cried and barfed constantly. Thank goodnes DH is a wonderful daddy and more than made up for my neglect of DS.

Being back at work this week seems to help because I have no choice except to perk up. It's much worse when I get home in the evening, even if I've been snacking all day.

With DS, it hit hard as well but earlier - from about 6w and it went all the way till 20w or so. I'm really hoping it doesn't last as long this time, it's so depressing.

Happy mumma to my boys Henny Tom (Nov 30, 2008), Arlo Odie (Oct 5, 2010), and baby SISTER! due mid-Dec 2014.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessieBird View Post
Mine started on Friday, at 8 weeks exactly. Till then I thought I might be get lucky this time. The weekend was AWFUL. I barely got out of bed, cried and barfed constantly. Thank goodnes DH is a wonderful daddy and more than made up for my neglect of DS.

Being back at work this week seems to help because I have no choice except to perk up. It's much worse when I get home in the evening, even if I've been snacking all day.

With DS, it hit hard as well but earlier - from about 6w and it went all the way till 20w or so. I'm really hoping it doesn't last as long this time, it's so depressing.
So true that it is depressing. I am a SAHM and I wonder if it would be a little better at least if I was working cause like you said I would have no choice but to perk up. As it is, most days for the past 3 weeks I've spent in bed or on the couch just feeling gross.

caffix.gif

Old 03-03-2010, 10:53 AM

I have been feeling tired and nauseous, and had dry heaves a few mornings last week, but didn't actually throw up until this morning.

With DD, I threw up once at 8 weeks, 2-3 days, and then again about a week later. I had a miscarriage last fall and barely even felt queasy. Today, I don't know how far along I am, but it's somewhere in the 9-10.5 week range... Can't wait for my ultrasound on Friday to find out what's going on in there!
Old 03-03-2010, 11:20 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magali View Post
So true that it is depressing. I am a SAHM and I wonder if it would be a little better at least if I was working cause like you said I would have no choice but to perk up. As it is, most days for the past 3 weeks I've spent in bed or on the couch just feeling gross.
I've only been feeling really rotten for 5 days or so now so the real depression hasn't set in yet but I remember it clearly from being preg with DS. I hate to admit this but I actually hoped for a miscarriage most days for almost five months. It just felt so WRONG to feel so awful. I couldn't be happy about the pregnancy at all and I swore I would never ever get preg again. This made me so sad because I'd always wanted lots of kids. Thank goodness months 7 & 8 were some of the best times of my life so I still have happy pregnancy memories.

I definitely feel better when I'm busy at work. Not that being at home isn't busy (I was a SAHM until two months ago), it's way busier most of the time, but if I was at home with just one child, I would definitely have the option of lying on the couch feeling miserable. I have a lot of sick days saved up at work, probably enough to take off the next 4-5 weeks and so get me through the worst. DH wants me to do this but I think it would be much harder. And I would feel so guilty - either for leaving DS at daycare when I'm at home, or for keeping him home but then only being a grumpy lump of a mum. However, I think at work I use a lot of energy trying to act normal that I'm absolutely wasted by the end of the day and evenings are a write-off.

Can't win I guess. Just have to wait it out and try to stay positive.

Happy mumma to my boys Henny Tom (Nov 30, 2008), Arlo Odie (Oct 5, 2010), and baby SISTER! due mid-Dec 2014.
Old 03-05-2010, 05:06 PM

This is my 1st pregnancy, so I have nothing to compare but I started getting some mild nausea at 6 weeks EXACTLY (this past Monday). It began late afternoon and into the night. I've had it everyday since. It's not terrible, but uncomfortable. My BFF who is also preg, and 2 weeks ahead of me woke up this morning at 8w5d and for the 1st time has nausea. She thought she was in the clear!!!
From the responses it looks like there is a range!!! Strangely, since mine is mild and I am not vomiting yet it's sort of reassuring that everything is ok! Ask me in a few days and I will probably not feel the same way bc I'll be sick of it!

Me: 31 y/o, DH: 32 y/o - Happily Married for 3 1/2 years. Preggo w/ #1, EDD: 10/27/10. Momma to Oliver (pup)
Old 03-05-2010, 05:43 PM

I had random waves of nausea pretty much from 4w on, but it started "for real" at about 7w on the nose. Ugh.

Me+DH+DS1+DS2+Dog=me and a house full of guys, which is really just peachy, thanks.

User Tag List