So, so very nervous - UPDATE! YAY! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 02-27-2010, 03:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have my first ultrasound on Tuesday (NZ time, so two days from now) at 7w. This isnt standard here, but I've requested one as I've had a couple of early losses.
Now I feel like everything is fine, but I am so nervous about the u/s. I make myself feel sick from nerves. I'm going to be a mess on Tuesday I just know it.

I've tried to weigh the decision of going versus not going for scan, but I cant seem to come up with clear answer for myself. Like, if I go and everything is great I'll be SO RELIEVED, but until then I'm a box of extreme nervousness. And if I don't go, maybe the extreme nervousness will go but the nervousness of wondering if everything is OK won't.

For the most part I do feel like everything is OK. Ugh, I dont know what to do

Update - Scribble has a heartbeat and is measuring bang on 7 weeks by LMP. I am so so happy! I feel like a physical gnawing of my insides has stopped. I think I need a good cleansing cry too. So happy

Mama to DD Feb '08 (9lbs), DS Oct '10 (10lbs) hbac.gif, DD Jan '13 hbac.gif

#2 of 12 Old 02-27-2010, 03:57 PM

Been there, done that.

Are you going with someone to the u/s?

Personally, I had mine at 6w2d, just over two weeks ago, and I was kind of in shock about seeing the baby, and hearing that everything was fine. I didn't think I was that nervous going in, but the extreme relief I experienced afterward told me that I was more worked up about it than I thought!

That little flicker was the coolest thing I've ever seen!

I say, do it.

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
#3 of 12 Old 02-27-2010, 04:11 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply FtMPapa!

DH is coming with me, but he doesn't get it. I'd still rather him there though. He would be a great support if it's bad news.

I would just so love to see a little beating heart. I'm tearing up now just thinking about it. But I just don't think I can take more bad news, which is where the extreme nausea inducing nervousness comes from..

#4 of 12 Old 02-27-2010, 04:18 PM

That's so hard!

I went alone to mine, and when a friend asked me if I had someone to come with, the question took me back and I realized I hadn't really considered what would happen if it wasn't good, and how I would deal with it.

Here's the thing, if it's going to be bad news, it's going to be bad news now or later. Most likely, it's going to be good, even great news, and I'm looking forward to hearing it when you get back!

That little flicker is the best thing in the world, it's so unglamourous, laying there under your little paper sheet, with the dildo cam being bashed around your innards while you're crying your face off because that little flicker is so great to see. Embrace the lack of glamour. And post us the pics on the u/s pics thread! GOOD LUCK!!!

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
#5 of 12 Old 02-27-2010, 04:21 PM - Thread Starter

dildo cam. Thanks for making me laugh

#6 of 12 Old 02-27-2010, 07:30 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'd go for it. If there is bad news putting it off isn't going to make it any easier, ykwim? And chances are everything is fine, and then you can relax some.

#7 of 12 Old 02-27-2010, 07:51 PM

I think you need to be extra gentle with yourself after a loss, and having the information from an u/s will really help put you at ease.

I lost my first pregnancy .was a total wreck with my last two pregnancies, frequently going in for heartbeat checks. It's what I needed to do to help me relax.

The info will help.

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
#8 of 12 Old 03-02-2010, 01:34 AM - Thread Starter

updated OP

#9 of 12 Old 03-02-2010, 01:36 AM

That is great news!!!! I can't wait to get that same reassurance yay for a healthy happy bean!!!!

Rachel, proud Army wife to my superhero.gif and SAHM to my crazy boys jumpers.gif... Trevor 4/08, Trenton 6/09 and Travis 10/10
#10 of 12 Old 03-02-2010, 09:28 AM

I just went through the same thing yesterday. It was such a relief too to see the little heart beating, I had so convinced myself that my symptoms were disappearing and stuff was going to go badly. The dating pushed the timing back on the baby another week, but I wasn't too surprised by that, it took me a couple of days to get the BFP past my expected period date. congrats!

Mama to DD1 4/08fly-by-nursing1.gif and DD2 10/10 bfinfant.gifcd.gifcat.gif
#11 of 12 Old 03-02-2010, 10:57 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yay!! So happy for you
#12 of 12 Old 03-02-2010, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melly24 View Post
I have my first ultrasound on Tuesday (NZ time, so two days from now) at 7w. This isnt standard here, but I've requested one as I've had a couple of early losses.
Now I feel like everything is fine, but I am so nervous about the u/s. I make myself feel sick from nerves. I'm going to be a mess on Tuesday I just know it.

I've tried to weigh the decision of going versus not going for scan, but I cant seem to come up with clear answer for myself. Like, if I go and everything is great I'll be SO RELIEVED, but until then I'm a box of extreme nervousness. And if I don't go, maybe the extreme nervousness will go but the nervousness of wondering if everything is OK won't.

For the most part I do feel like everything is OK. Ugh, I dont know what to do

Update - Scribble has a heartbeat and is measuring bang on 7 weeks by LMP. I am so so happy! I feel like a physical gnawing of my insides has stopped. I think I need a good cleansing cry too. So happy
I'm in your shoes feeling the exact same way about the u/s. I hope I get the same wonderful happy news you got!! Wonderful to hear!!

Jessica, wife to Greg since 7/04, mama to the rainbow1284.gif Gman 7/06, 3 brokenheart.gif , rainbow1284.gif Asher 1/11 and a wonderful surprise due in August!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page