Nesting... or a deadline? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-02-2010, 01:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a laundry list of projects I either need or want to get done before the baby arrives. Some of the things on the list were there a month ago when I first found out, and some have shown up since a fair bit of drama has promised to make me a single mama within the next week or so.

Anyway, I have (a lot of) painting; a bathroom remodel; installing two ceiling fans; building out a closet; figuring out some creative closet doors for a room-length closet (18 feet, I think?); find two inexpensive dressers; an inexpensive dining room, living room, and kitchen make-over; re-route the exterior hose faucet; clean up some felled trees; get the remaining trees pruned; figure out how to get the land mowed; plant a small garden with DD; circle the old burn pile with concrete blocks; put in a berry patch; see if I can rent out my pasture in exchange for it to be fenced; and some other things that I am sure I am forgetting.

I know a lot of this is coming from the knowledge that if I don't get this done now, I am not going to have the money or the time for several years. Then again, I know that part of it (the indoor projects, anyway) were kicking in before all the drama.

So, what projects are you planning on doing? Come on, someone help me feel normal!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2010, 02:07 AM

I have a huge list of things to do... Mostly spurned by finding out we are having a 3rd baby but intensified by the fact that dh is due to deploy in the time around my Edd!!! We need to get the boys transitioned to sharing a room, organize the garage so my car fits, sort thru toys, deal with the lack of storage in the house, make sure my stupid car fits 3 car seats... Pick out furniture for the boys room and the dining room and office nook though we can't buy till next February but we need to pick it out before dh leaves... Gah!!

Rachel, proud Army wife to my superhero.gif and SAHM to my crazy boys jumpers.gif... Trevor 4/08, Trenton 6/09 and Travis 10/10
Old 03-02-2010, 01:32 PM - Thread Starter

That is a lot of stuff, Rachel! So it sounds like you are going to be (functionally, but not in fact) a single mom too? Are you nervous, or have you had him away on deployment before?
Old 03-02-2010, 02:43 PM

My big one is move, which will be the huge challenge. Once I find an apartment and move, I'm sure my laundry list of tasks will be HUGE. I always have a lot of stuff to do when I move!

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
Old 03-02-2010, 02:53 PM - Thread Starter

Holy smokes, papa! I'm glad I don't have to move! Are you going to be moving soon?
Old 03-02-2010, 03:00 PM

This will be our second deployment but last time we only had one kid!! I don't really get that nervous... I mean it is just part of the job ya know? But I guess functionally I will be a single mom for the first year of having 3 kids though without the worries of working and/or being the primary breadwinner as well as primary care taker which I'm sure is a huge stress of being a single parent!!

Rachel, proud Army wife to my superhero.gif and SAHM to my crazy boys jumpers.gif... Trevor 4/08, Trenton 6/09 and Travis 10/10
Old 03-02-2010, 03:27 PM

We have a list, too. It's not as much as some of you, but it still seems daunting to us. We are going to do a clean-out of our storage space (large!), our spare bedroom and our smaller storage shed, in the style of those TLC organizing shows. Piles in our driveway for trash, keep, sell, donate. We're going to utilize some friends for all the heavy lifting.

And we have to buy a new kitchen table & chairs, a new (bigger) bed and a new couch. But those are fun stuff that will have to wait til the hard stuff gets done.

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

User Tag List