Is Subway OK? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 36 Old 03-05-2010, 09:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtara2003x View Post
I used to always drink that Vitamin water because I thought it was such a great alternative to Gatorade (which I used to drink a lot of) and then found out it has MSG in it.
Um ... no it doesn't. It does have monopotassium phosphate. That's an electrolyte (supposedly a good thing) and it is in Gatorade as well.

however ... Vitamin Water was bought out by the Coca Cola company. And it does have lots of the pleasant sounding "crystalline fructose" :-)

"I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" - Dr. Seuss
#32 of 36 Old 03-05-2010, 09:49 PM

I wonder how weird it would be if you went to subway, and brought your own bread.....personally, I'd do it, and think I may.....
#33 of 36 Old 03-05-2010, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinMom View Post
I wonder how weird it would be if you went to subway, and brought your own bread.....personally, I'd do it, and think I may.....
You could just order one of the salad bowl thingies. It's all the fixins, just in a bowl. Then pull out your own bread at the table.

Me+DH+DS1+DS2+Dog=me and a house full of guys, which is really just peachy, thanks.
#34 of 36 Old 03-06-2010, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claddaghmom View Post
Are you my husband in disguise on a DDC? He is from Philly and ALWAYS makes comments like that! ROFL
He is a wise, wise man.

Jenn treehugger.gifmama to Monkeylearning.gifSquishyenergy.gif& Riverangel1.gif(8wks)Wife to Mikejog.gif See you at the rainbow1284.gif Bridge, Abigael cat.gifand McKenna dog2.gifgd.gifnamaste.giffamilybed2.gifbellyhair.gifcaffix.gifcrochetsmilie.gifom.gifknit.gifcomputergeek2.gif

#35 of 36 Old 03-06-2010, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaesun's Dad View Post
Um ... no it doesn't. It does have monopotassium phosphate. That's an electrolyte (supposedly a good thing) and it is in Gatorade as well.

however ... Vitamin Water was bought out by the Coca Cola company. And it does have lots of the pleasant sounding "crystalline fructose" :-)
Vitamin Water – The Biggest Scam

Plenty of consumers are falling for it - a new “vitamin enriched” brand of water seems to be hitting the shelves every day.

Let’s take a good look at the first three ingredients of one of the most popular ones, Glaceau Vitamin Water -which was bought by the Coca Cola Company, by the way:

* Distilled, deionized, and/or reverse osmosis water: this is water that has had any and all natural minerals removed from it, and can create a highly acidic condition in your body, leading to severe mineral deficiencies, and even heartbeat irregularities2. The addition of minerals and vitamins of inferior quality does not counter-effect the damage.

* Crystalline Fructose: This is just another name for high-fructose corn syrup, a low quality, cheap, and extremely dangerous sweetener linked to severe health issues including obesity, and fatty liver disease. A new commercial on TV has a couple lying on the grass in a park. The young woman is trying to give her young man a popsicle. He asks her if she is poisoning him. Her answer is ridiculous. Basically she cons him by saying that fructose is as good as sugar and fructose is made from corn. How bad can that be? He falls for it but please, don’t you.

* Cane Sugar: More processed sugar. Since when do you need processed sugar to get your vitamins? Not only does sugar feed cancer, viruses and the pathogenic yeast, candida,that all help quickly age and even kill you, it has many other undisputed health hazards.

In addition to these top three ingredients, Vitamin Water also lists:

* Citric Acid: Contrary to common belief, the citric acid found in so many processed foods today is not from citrus fruits at all. In fact, it’s a food additive and preservative usually produced from corn, and it can cause serious reactions in MSG sensitive people3. People with yeast infections are very sensitive to it and should absolutely avoid it. And who doesn’t have a yeast infection today?

* “Natural” Flavor: The food industry knows you like the sound of “natural” better than “artificial”. Unfortunately, whenever you see “natural flavor” on a food label it means there is some lab processing involved, which makes the distinction between “natural” and “artificial” suspect.

http://www.truthinlabeling.org/nomsg.html

Natural flavors very often contain MSG. It's a very sneaky way of putting it into the product without letting the consumer know it's in there. I had heard ( I sincerely can't remember where) that someone had wrote the Vitamin water company to ask if they had MSG in their product and they said they did.

I will email them and ask if they have the free glutamic acid in the Vitamin water and get an answer directly from the source!! Even if it doesn't have it in, you are right..it's just not "good" for you!!!

Tara, mama to Addison (4/07) and brokenheart.gif 03/20/10, brokenheart.gif05/27/10, and our newest addition and  rainbow1284.gifbabygirl.gif Emerson Rae (4/27/11) uc.jpg, married to John

#36 of 36 Old 03-06-2010, 03:07 PM

That's it, I'm making my own bread from now on!!!

Silvia
Wife of 3 yrs to Jason, mommy to Bundle (6/8/08), expecting Pumkin (10/8/10)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page