Petty Ranting - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 03-02-2010, 04:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My office mates won't clear out so I can call and make my first appointment!

Technically, I share my office with two other people, but they are generally itinerant... their primary job responsibility is to fly out to village sites to teach teachers how to use technology in the classroom, and teach mini-lessons to classes. I can't make the phone call from home because cell phone coverage in my neighborhood is CRAP and I always drop calls during peak (read: early evening when everyone is home from work) hours, so I need to call from work.

BUT... my office-mates are in the office this week getting ready for the district's multimedia competition.

SO there you have it. My petty annoyance of the week.

Me+DH+DS1+DS2+Dog=me and a house full of guys, which is really just peachy, thanks.
#2 of 5 Old 03-02-2010, 04:36 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I went through the same thing! I work in cubicle land and really didn't want anyone to overhear. I knew the receptionist at my birthing centre would ask all about my LMP date and other gory details, definitely details I don't want to get into at work.

What worked for me is to call from my cell phone but from a hallway on another floor of my office building. Can you do that? Call from the bathroom maybe?

Happy mumma to my boys Henny Tom (Nov 30, 2008), Arlo Odie (Oct 5, 2010), and baby SISTER! due mid-Dec 2014.
#3 of 5 Old 03-02-2010, 05:12 PM

That sucks! I work in a large loft with 7 other people and no offices or cubicles. I had to talk to my midwife (the first get to know you call) in the stair well. I told her that if I stop talking suddenly, or don't answer a question for a minute, or suddenly start talking about plans for the weekend to not be alarmed because it's just someone walking by.

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

#4 of 5 Old 03-02-2010, 08:06 PM

That is a very valid rant! Same thing happened to me - I told the nurse to hold on I was at work and I went outside (the only place I would have privacy) - it was FREEZING cold and my teeth were chattering while I told her my LMP, etc. Kinda comical - but at least I had privacy.

Candacepeace.gif, Married to dh   guitar.gif, Mom to ds (8) biggrinbounce.gif , Gavin candle.gif (9/30/10 - 12/19/10) and cautiously expecting our rainbow1284.gif 4-29-12

#5 of 5 Old 03-03-2010, 01:09 AM - Thread Starter

Our district is pretty... um... talk-y, so no matter where I went in the building, someone would probably overhear and spread the "Did you hear that blizzard_babe is pregnant?" word throughout the district. For a school district the size of West Virginia, you'd be amazed at how quickly juicy gossip can travel.

Tomorrow my coworkers will be busy RUNNING the multimedia competition, so I'll have privacy. Appointment, ho!

Me+DH+DS1+DS2+Dog=me and a house full of guys, which is really just peachy, thanks.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page