Good website showing fetal development by week? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 03-03-2010, 01:36 AM - Thread Starter
hyz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey guys, during my last pregnancy I found this awesome website that showed beautiful quality color 3d photography of the fetus during each week of development, and also had a little description going along with the pictures talking about the major changes that week. I've searched and searched this time, and I can't seem to find it again. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? If it helps, I think the photography was done for a pretty well-known book on fetal development. I loved that site!!:

Mom to sweet DD 8/08, and adorable DS 10/20/10
#2 of 7 Old 03-03-2010, 02:20 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
http://www.i-am-pregnant.com/Pregnancy/calendar/week/17

hearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gif A house full of girls, but for dad and one brother bikenew.gif
"Be careful how you speak to your children. One day it will become their inner voice." ~ Peggy O' Mara
Cloth diapering, babywearing and co-sleeping has been a way of life for almost a decade now partners.gif
#3 of 7 Old 03-03-2010, 10:16 PM

That is a really cool site! Glad you asked/shared!
#4 of 7 Old 03-03-2010, 10:49 PM

I like this one: http://www.pregnancy.org/fetaldevelopment/week-seven

and this: http://www.ehd.org/prenatal-images-index.php

and this one has good info but the pictures are REALLY lame and inaccurate: http://www.visembryo.com/baby/17.html

Krista; blessed mother to four earthly beings and three non-physical. Basking in my beautiful rainbow. 

#5 of 7 Old 03-04-2010, 01:30 AM - Thread Starter
hyz

Thanks!! That first site isn't the one I used before, but those are definitely some of the same pictures! I love those, aren't they great? I wish it credited the pics on the website (I looked but couldn't find info), because I think there are more like that for each week and I love seeing all of them.

The pregnancy.org and ehd.org ones have great pics, too! I love the information, and I always read it closely, but this is one of those cases where I think a picture is definitely worth a thousand words. It's so amazing that our babies are getting so developed already, even while the pregnancy barely feels real to me because I'm not showing and my symptoms aren't too bad (yet--although they're kicking in--breast soreness started today).

Mom to sweet DD 8/08, and adorable DS 10/20/10
#6 of 7 Old 03-04-2010, 04:46 PM

visible embryo has awesome pics! Not sure what you think is so fake and inaccurate? The pics seem very real to me. They look like electron microscopy pics. And I think it has excellent explanations of the the different embryological stages. :

I also lurve the ehd site. Great pics and the videos too are amazing in the later embryonic stages

smartycatpartners.gif quasar.  Mommies to two boys.
#7 of 7 Old 03-05-2010, 12:50 AM

All of the pics from 44 to 60 days do not look like anything real. They look like silly drawings at those stages and from 3D U/S pictures, other fetal development sites, and personal accounts of miscarried babies at different stages they are not accurate at all. Their information is great though like I said

Krista; blessed mother to four earthly beings and three non-physical. Basking in my beautiful rainbow. 

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page