Today is my last day - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-04-2010, 10:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
worrying. I promised myself that once I saw the heartbeat I would quit worrying, and I fully intend to honor that.

Tomorrow morning at 10 a.m. I have my u/s. The last one I had was my unknown to me, missed miscarriage, and I had the shock of my life. I was pregnant for 3 more weeks and then had an emergencly dnc when I sprang a fever after 4 days of induced miscarriage. It was the worst week I can remember, and I'm looking forward to tomorrow's happy heartbeat. If I live through this day.

Kelli, Upstate NY mama, dh FarmBoy, raising 6:, his, mine, and ours.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2010, 11:12 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm sure it will go great, let us know when it's done and you get to see your little one's heart beat!
Old 03-04-2010, 12:49 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Good luck mama! I hope that the worry will subside and you will be able to enjoy your pregnancy! Keep us posted!

Life is to be enjoyed...not just endured!
Old 03-04-2010, 01:12 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Tomorrow is going to be a wonderful day! I'll be thinking of you!

What really helped me get through a similar worrisome stage with DS was to decide that I was going to enjoy every day of my pregnancy no matter how long it lasted. If it ended up being cut short, then it was all the more important that I cherish the days that I had. I suppose that could be seen as negative to some but for me thinking this way was like letting a huge load off my shoulders. I started telling people and letting myself get excited. By 16 weeks, I was genuinely confident in the pregnancy and I was glad that I hadn't waited till then to let myself be happy.

Hang in there and don't forget to breathe! We'll all be waiting for your happy news tomorrow.

Happy mumma to my boys Henny Tom (Nov 30, 2008), Arlo Odie (Oct 5, 2010), and baby SISTER! due mid-Dec 2014.
Old 03-04-2010, 02:21 PM

I totally understand. I had a m/c in December and it kinda steals your pregnancy innocence away. I told myself the same thing with this one - as soon as I see the heartbeat, I'm going to relax and be happy. It's worked - saw the little bean/heartbeat on Monday and I've been just fine. I've told several people and feel confident everything is going to be ok. It's such a relief.

Can't wait to hear your good news tomorrow!

Candacepeace.gif, Married to dh   guitar.gif, Mom to ds (8) biggrinbounce.gif , Gavin candle.gif (9/30/10 - 12/19/10) and cautiously expecting our rainbow1284.gif 4-29-12

Old 03-04-2010, 04:21 PM

Me too, except that my US is at 12:45 and my missed miscarriage ended naturally (and I was on the couch incapacitated for almost a full week). Also, my regular cycles hadn't come back so I don't know how far along I am.

Hoping for lots of little heartbeats tomorrow!
Old 03-04-2010, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Tomorrow is going to be a wonderful day! I'll be thinking of you!

What really helped me get through a similar worrisome stage with DS was to decide that I was going to enjoy every day of my pregnancy no matter how long it lasted. If it ended up being cut short, then it was all the more important that I cherish the days that I had. I suppose that could be seen as negative to some but for me thinking this way was like letting a huge load off my shoulders. I started telling people and letting myself get excited. By 16 weeks, I was genuinely confident in the pregnancy and I was glad that I hadn't waited till then to let myself be happy.

Hang in there and don't forget to breathe! We'll all be waiting for your happy news tomorrow.

That is exactly what I wanted to say too.

It is SO SO hard to be in that state of limbo and fear. It's really truly awful. I wish you lots of luck and send you lots love. Please keep us posted!!! Hang in there!! Try to stay a little distracted today as well. Play with your other kids if you have them. DD has helped me more than she realizes dealing with my own pregnancy issues this time.

Tara, mama to Addison (4/07) and brokenheart.gif 03/20/10, brokenheart.gif05/27/10, and our newest addition and  rainbow1284.gifbabygirl.gif Emerson Rae (4/27/11) uc.jpg, married to John

User Tag List