Did you see a heart beat at 6.5 weeks pregnant? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-04-2010, 02:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Alright ladies...I've been posting on a couple threads here...

Going in for a US in a few hours. Wondering if you saw a heart beat at like 6 weeks 6 days? Tomorrow I'd be 7 weeks.

I know sometimes you can see a heartbeat and sometimes you can't...just really really really hoping and praying we see a heart beat...

Tara, mama to Addison (4/07) and brokenheart.gif 03/20/10, brokenheart.gif05/27/10, and our newest addition and  rainbow1284.gifbabygirl.gif Emerson Rae (4/27/11) uc.jpg, married to John

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2010, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtara2003x View Post
Alright ladies...I've been posting on a couple threads here...

Going in for a US in a few hours. Wondering if you saw a heart beat at like 6 weeks 6 days? Tomorrow I'd be 7 weeks.

I know sometimes you can see a heartbeat and sometimes you can't...just really really really hoping and praying we see a heart beat...
7 weeks is pretty reliable for seeing a heartbeat, my midwives only do viability scans after 7 weeks because before that is a little iffy. Although if you are at all unsure about your dates a few days off in the other direction could put you too early to hear a heartbeat. I'm always sure of dates because we spend a long time trying, so they are always pretty definitive for me.
GOOD LUCK!! I have mine in a week! I REALLY REALLY hope you see a little heartbeat in there and your heart can be at ease.

Jessica, wife to Greg since 7/04, mama to the rainbow1284.gif Gman 7/06, 3 brokenheart.gif , rainbow1284.gif Asher 1/11 and a wonderful surprise due in August!

Old 03-04-2010, 02:12 PM

Had my first u/s at 6w4d and TADA!! heartbeat and with DS I wasn't sure of my dates and saw a heartbeat and he was measuring 6w1d...so totally possible..Good luck! That flicker will make your eyes well up and your heart soar!

Wife to DH : and SAHM to miracle DS born 10/30/08 and expecting a second miracle 10/03/10 after 11/09 loss. Only semi- crunchy but learning as I go...
Old 03-04-2010, 02:17 PM

Yes, had mine at exactly 6w6d and saw the bean and heartbeat. The baby measured 6w4d.

Praying for you Mama.

Candacepeace.gif, Married to dh   guitar.gif, Mom to ds (8) biggrinbounce.gif , Gavin candle.gif (9/30/10 - 12/19/10) and cautiously expecting our rainbow1284.gif 4-29-12

Old 03-04-2010, 03:26 PM

It's definitely true that you CAN. However, don't totally freak if you do not!!! We had one at 6w4d and they could not find the heartbeat. I totally freaked. In my last pregnancy, we had seen it strongly at 6w3d. I was pretty sure the baby had stopped growing. Low and behold, a week later, everything was okay, and heartbeat was 125. Now it measures in the 170s on our home doppler. So, don't necessarily freak if you don't see it!!

Mama to angel1.gif angel1.gif angel1.gif angel1.gifangel1.gif

DS1 (6) jog.gif , DS2 (3)sleepytime.gifbaby.gif DD is here!

Old 03-04-2010, 03:39 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
You should be able to, but if they're unable to find it, they'll probably have you come back in a few days or a week. Sometimes they can't see it at that point even though the pregnancy is viable.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:44 PM

Yup, saw it at 6w2d (100% sure of dates because I did IVF and it measured right at 6w1d).

My RE seemed to think it was a pretty sure bet by 6w, but I have heard of people not being able to see it right away, and then seeing it a few days later, but usually because they were earlier than they thought. for you!

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
Old 03-04-2010, 03:59 PM
hyz

I saw it at 6w0d, although the image was tiny and a little hard to see--it appeared as a steady flick, flick, flick--my DH was doing the US, though, and he's not the most skilled at that yet, so maybe with an experienced tech you will get a more clear read.

Mom to sweet DD 8/08, and adorable DS 10/20/10
Old 03-04-2010, 06:12 PM - Thread Starter

WE SAW THE HEARTBEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I seriously could not even hardly believe it!! It was 114!!

They said everything looks GREAT!!!!

I am a little bit in shock. I didn't expect things to be going great with a progesterone level of freakin 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I get my blood drawn again tomorrow, so hopefully everything has doubled by then!!!

The one thing I was a little confused about was that the doctor had my EDD at 10/27..... My LMP was Jan. 16th. I ovulated on Jan. 30th (CD 15). I thought my EDD would be more like 10/23 or 10/24.

Also, I THINK they said the baby was measuring 6weeks 1 day....although I am not 100% sure because I wasn't sure if that was how many weeks she said I am based on my EDD..or if that was what the baby was measuring. I am gonna call back and confirm that little detail.

Should I worry about those dating issues? I mean..to me it seems like I should be 7 weeks TOMORROW....so it seems like it might be measuring a whole week off??? The doctor said she understands why I'd be a little concerned but there is a strong heartbeat and she really is not concerned at all.

Any thoughts?

I feel a HUGE sigh of relief.....but also still cautious and a little nervous about the dating thing. I need to call and talk to them about that again to really clarify.

Anyway....any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! I have never had an early US before!

Tara, mama to Addison (4/07) and brokenheart.gif 03/20/10, brokenheart.gif05/27/10, and our newest addition and  rainbow1284.gifbabygirl.gif Emerson Rae (4/27/11) uc.jpg, married to John

Old 03-04-2010, 06:52 PM

YEAH!!!!

I'd just take the later date with a smile, because then you won't have to fight induction...though maybe you don't have to with a midwife anyhow! All sizing is done off of averages anyhow, and the skill of the technician matters a lot for accuracy, and a very slight change makes a difference between 6w1d and 6w5d, so honestly, I'd try not to worry, as hard as that probably is to do in reality.

Enjoy your little heartbeat flickering away inside you!

DD March 2007...happily nursing, EC graduated, family-bed-sharing family... expecting another in early November!
Old 03-04-2010, 06:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by calihannah View Post
YEAH!!!!

I'd just take the later date with a smile, because then you won't have to fight induction...though maybe you don't have to with a midwife anyhow! All sizing is done off of averages anyhow, and the skill of the technician matters a lot for accuracy, and a very slight change makes a difference between 6w1d and 6w5d, so honestly, I'd try not to worry, as hard as that probably is to do in reality.

Enjoy your little heartbeat flickering away inside you!
Okay I just cried reading your post!!! I am such an emotional mess but in a good way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The girl looked young...so I'm just going to tell myself her measurements were SLIGHTLY off....hehehehe.

Being off 4-5 days probably isn't that big of a deal, especially since the HB was nice and strong at 114. *melts*

I am so deeply grateful to have such an awesome DD Club with such supportive mamas!!! It means the world to me!!!!!!

Old 03-04-2010, 07:11 PM

WOOHOOO!!!! I've been following! Congrats!

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

Old 03-04-2010, 07:36 PM

I saw it at 6 weeks...
Old 03-04-2010, 08:50 PM

YES!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had this deep down feeling everything was ok with you - but I didn't want to say too much because you just don't know... but I'm so very happy your little one is ok and now you can relax!

Candacepeace.gif, Married to dh   guitar.gif, Mom to ds (8) biggrinbounce.gif , Gavin candle.gif (9/30/10 - 12/19/10) and cautiously expecting our rainbow1284.gif 4-29-12

Old 03-05-2010, 12:55 AM

SOOO happy for you!!

Jessica, wife to Greg since 7/04, mama to the rainbow1284.gif Gman 7/06, 3 brokenheart.gif , rainbow1284.gif Asher 1/11 and a wonderful surprise due in August!

User Tag List