You know you're pregnant when... - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 60 Old 03-08-2010, 07:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
I screamed at DS Friday morning like no one should ever EVER be screamed at. I spent a good hour trying to escape the "noise" of having a toddler - the whining, the constant commentary, the power struggles. I reached my limit when I set him up in the living room with toys and went to take a shower - just to have 10 minutes of quiet so I could calm myself down - and he banged on the door and screamed "see mommy! see mommy!" the entire time, and I could hear him. I just lost it. I'm so ashamed of myself.

I know he just needed me right then, but I had nothing left to give. I didn't want to be touched, I didn't want to talk, I didn't want to listen. I just needed some SILENCE!

I'm another one in this boat.

My 19mo daughter's favorite pass time is screaming for no reason. I have no idea why she does this, she has my undivided attention, I try my hardest ignore the screaming, she's not in pain... she just likes to scream. It is driving me literally out of my mind.

The other day she screamed at me in the morning when I was sitting on the floor in the bathroom waiting for the nausea to either subside or manifest (iykwim) and I did the worst thing ever... I turned around and screamed as loud as I could right in her face.

I'm so glad that she reacted okay. She just looked at me in shocked disbelief and continued playing. She took it in stride but I was in pieces for the rest of the day.
Hugs to both you mamas. I have btdt with #1. And though it sounds like it with my post earlier, I am NOT a neglectful mama! And neither are either of you! Sometimes we reach our own peronal limits and that is THAT. It's sooooo hard when there's no one here to take over and give you that space you need, for even a few minutes. Kids are resiliant and bounce back- but my actions still haunt me years later.

Getting back to the thread- ykyp when you MUST HAVE Chef Boyardee ravioli RIGHT NOW and the thought of eating that hasn't crossed your mind since you were a kid!
#32 of 60 Old 03-08-2010, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekingtruth View Post
ykyp when you MUST HAVE Chef Boyardee ravioli RIGHT NOW and the thought of eating that hasn't crossed your mind since you were a kid!
And now I want ravioli. And I don't allow it in the house... crap.

Amanda : mom to : ds's 14, 12, 9, 1 & dd6

#33 of 60 Old 03-08-2010, 08:51 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chainedangel View Post
Yeah...I want canned crappy food...and I'm not allowed to eat it because I have to eat under 1g of sodium a day for the duration of the pregnancy.

It means a serious lack of quick options in our house. I've been living on yogurt (and Ben and Jerry's....).

I can't even eat Saltines!

B, happily married to M. Mother to two boys: B (3/08) and A (9/10)
#34 of 60 Old 03-08-2010, 09:53 PM

Quote:
o gawd, i can almost feel the heartburn.
#35 of 60 Old 03-08-2010, 10:49 PM

you know ur pregnant when the thought of getting dressed in the AM really just makes u want to go back to sleep - it would be so much more comfy if everyone were naked!

Your boobs are soooooo big (DD) and u remember how they were bigger than ur other babies heads at birth - and they are not "voluptuous" they are annoying, and painful.

Constapation... end of story.

You know all the good spots on your arm for when an IV of fluids is needed

Food is a love hate relationship

Mostly everything is a love hate relationship

You forget what else you were going to write.....

"Damn it man, I'm a doctor, not a physicist!" -Bones McCoy. Ds1 6 bouncy.gif Dd1 4 energy.gifDd2 5 months baby.gif
#36 of 60 Old 03-08-2010, 10:57 PM

...This ad on TV makes you blub (you have been warned - not horrible tears, more like warm fuzzies kind of tears...)

Mama to DD Feb '08 (9lbs), DS Oct '10 (10lbs) hbac.gif, DD Jan '13 hbac.gif

#37 of 60 Old 03-08-2010, 11:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melly24 View Post
...This ad on TV makes you blub (you have been warned - not horrible tears, more like warm fuzzies kind of tears...)
It didn't make me all that emotional...
maybe I need to go pee on a stick again?

I did, however, cry through pretty much all of the movie The Blind Side...

#38 of 60 Old 03-08-2010, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILovePie View Post
It didn't make me all that emotional...
maybe I need to go pee on a stick again?

I did, however, cry through pretty much all of the movie The Blind Side...
I just watched it again to make sure...still got me welling up!

Mama to DD Feb '08 (9lbs), DS Oct '10 (10lbs) hbac.gif, DD Jan '13 hbac.gif

#39 of 60 Old 03-08-2010, 11:47 PM

ykyp- when you wake up at 8:00, take a one hour nap at 10:00 while waiting for DH to pick up your meds at the pharmacy, and then take another (3 hour) nap after dinner. Apparently things that "may cause drowsiness" in normal people will cause a dead sleep in a pregnant woman.

#40 of 60 Old 03-09-2010, 02:02 AM

You know you're pregnant when....

You're trying to leave to get to a play group on time (FOR ONCE!!) when you can't find that amazing invention called the bella band that helps you wear NORMAL pants even though you can't button them up...and you turn into a blubbering mess for 15 minutes crying and yelling at your DD when she asks, "mama..is there anything I can do to help?" You also call DD while he's on his lunch break at work and INSIST that he MUST have done something with it...only to later realize that YOU actually misplaced it.....

Man I am so with you ladies on the patience thing. I have NONE sometimes...and feel AWFUL. The TV has been on way too much...and it seems like every time DD wants "junk" food I just give in because I can not stand listening to her whine about how bad she NEEDS it. Ugh.

It will get better..it will get better..it will get better!

Tara, mama to Addison (4/07) and brokenheart.gif 03/20/10, brokenheart.gif05/27/10, and our newest addition and  rainbow1284.gifbabygirl.gif Emerson Rae (4/27/11) uc.jpg, married to John

#41 of 60 Old 03-09-2010, 10:22 AM

Quote:

you know you're pregnant (or insane) when the thought of plain milk chocolate disgust you beyond anything. (the universe hates me)
Me too! CRAZY! I am not much of a meat-eater, but I can not shake the thought of cheeseburgers 24 hours a day.

DH (34) and Me (31) 1/20/10 @ 5 weeks, Awaiting our October pumpkin due 10/30/10!
#42 of 60 Old 03-09-2010, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orandalady View Post
Me too! CRAZY! I am not much of a meat-eater, but I can not shake the thought of cheeseburgers 24 hours a day.
I'm the opposite. I'm usually a meat lover and so far I have been practically vegetarian! At least I'm still eating a bunch of cheese I guess.

Me love.gif, DH guitar.gif, and DD baby.gif9/27/10!
#43 of 60 Old 03-09-2010, 04:49 PM

. . . .you really REALLY need to poop, it hasn't happened in 4 days. . . .and when you get all excited to go, it's rabbit turds and a total let down. . . .

and, yes, I've been eating my veggies and fiber.

Kate (30), mama to Madi (4/18/08) and Jacob Douglas (10/8/10)
#44 of 60 Old 03-09-2010, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBomb View Post
I've eaten WAY too much fast food. It's so gross. But it's all I can stomach. I hope that passes soon! Yesterday I had a whopper and now that's all I can think about, blah!!
Here here! And I just called Dh and told him to stop and get me McNuggetts on the way home. You have no idea how much I normally DESPISE McD's. This is so sad. And I had a pizza for lunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliversmom7213 View Post

You know your pregnant when you make your toddler sit on the couch with you for hours and to make them sit there you play mickey mouse videos on the computer over and over again just so you don't have to get up and actually be a mom. (I'm sooooo sorry for ruining you oliver).
Yep. We have been watching A LOT of PBS in the morning. To the makers of Sesame Street - enough with the blue screen and computer effects. I grew up watching the wires on all the muppets hands and it didn't make me stupid or any less entertained. Jim Henson is rolling in his grave.

Ok...you know you're pregnant when...

You're husband is the most angelic creature in the world for doing the dishes before he left for work that morning. But, you call him a few hours later and rip him a new one for daring to eat one of your granola bars when he knows you are trying to grow and extra human being and he shouldn't be eating your food and then you break into sobs because you can't find anything good to eat and you think he needs to come home and cook for you.

You cry because you just wrote a horribly long run-on sentence.

No, no - THIS video makes you cry for a few hours.

You yell at 3yo Ds for having trouble riding his bike. I am so scarred from that moment this morning.

You are at the point of starving to death and almost passing out from plunging blood sugar, yet you cannot lift your body off the couch. So, you send your 3yo to get you an ice pop, even though you normally yell at him for dragging the chair to the freezer to get said ice pops.

Jenn treehugger.gifmama to Monkeylearning.gifSquishyenergy.gif& Riverangel1.gif(8wks)Wife to Mikejog.gif See you at the rainbow1284.gif Bridge, Abigael cat.gifand McKenna dog2.gifgd.gifnamaste.giffamilybed2.gifbellyhair.gifcaffix.gifcrochetsmilie.gifom.gifknit.gifcomputergeek2.gif

#45 of 60 Old 03-09-2010, 07:38 PM

You know you're pregnant when half a jar of pickles and 2 bags of popcorn sounds like a perfectly fine dinner.

obstruct livery vehicles

#46 of 60 Old 03-09-2010, 08:36 PM

mmm... pickles. and french fries. can i have relish on my fries?

#47 of 60 Old 03-09-2010, 09:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Uggh! I had burger king for lunch and pizza for dinner! I was planning on lamb shanks and goat cheese polenta for dinner, but I was way too exhausted once it was time to cook. I feel icky! Thankfully my nausea is easing up and the fatigue is some, so hopefully I'll be back to my normal eating habits soon. My stomach is not very happy.
#48 of 60 Old 03-10-2010, 12:31 PM

Little Debbie Swiss Rolls and oranges. Two of each!
#49 of 60 Old 03-10-2010, 01:18 PM

Ykypw......

you FREAK out that DH ate half the chocolates you bought specially at Trader Joes (which is an hour and a half away) that don't have any "crap" in them...and stomp out of the room in a rage and thought very very mean thoughts while you were fuming in the other room.

Hmph.

I also just hid the chocolates so he can't find them ever again.

Tara, mama to Addison (4/07) and brokenheart.gif 03/20/10, brokenheart.gif05/27/10, and our newest addition and  rainbow1284.gifbabygirl.gif Emerson Rae (4/27/11) uc.jpg, married to John

#50 of 60 Old 03-10-2010, 01:52 PM

i haven't ever considered the fast food thing (never been a ff eater) but last night while i writhed in agonizing hunger induced nausea w/o any clue what sounded good, a mcd's cheeseburger w/ ketchup and pickle suddenly entered my mind, out of nowhere. it sounded so good! wth?! i don't even think i know what they taste like!

i'm typically a salad whore, and while i haven't been able to stomache even the thought of them, i finally forced myself to attempt one yesterday at lunch--and it so grossed me out. (and for the whole rest of the day!) who have i become?
#51 of 60 Old 03-10-2010, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotusma View Post
i'm typically a salad whore, and while i haven't been able to stomache even the thought of them, i finally forced myself to attempt one yesterday at lunch--and it so grossed me out. (and for the whole rest of the day!) who have i become?
Me, too! Normally I can't get enough salad and eat at least one a day (more like 2 or 3 when I'm pregnant) but I can't stomach it right now

I did manage to make a real meal the other night (meatloaf, fried potatoes and onions, and green beans )
#52 of 60 Old 03-10-2010, 07:41 PM

You know you're pregnant when you think you might explode at work from gas, and when you finally get some relief, hubby looks at you as though he's wondering where his wife went and who this super gas monster is.

DH (34) and Me (31) 1/20/10 @ 5 weeks, Awaiting our October pumpkin due 10/30/10!
#53 of 60 Old 03-10-2010, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBomb View Post
Me, too! Normally I can't get enough salad and eat at least one a day (more like 2 or 3 when I'm pregnant) but I can't stomach it right now
well, i've been extremely suggestable latey and saw a commercial for Red Robin's grilled mexican salad (or whatever it's called)--the luscious-looking avacado is what finally persuaded me and, it was so. gross. definitely a traumatizing experience, lol. i had to leave the table early and go and nurse the babe in the car instead!
#54 of 60 Old 03-10-2010, 10:54 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinleinesque View Post
Little Debbie Swiss Rolls and oranges. Two of each!
OMG this sounds amazing. Too bad all the oranges I've eaten recently have been less-than-yummy.

I'm off to eat some more chocolate fudge (flavored...) icing...

#55 of 60 Old 03-11-2010, 12:18 AM

You are experiencing a major case of felifinity.

This is my favourite pregnancy symptom so far.

Felifinity is a pregnancy-related medical condition. The condition is only found among humans owned by cats. The key symptom is the cat's complete attachment to their human, often manifesting in extremely close physical contact such as cleaning behind the human's ears, grooming the human's head, or the desire for such contact, which may manifest in a cat crying pitifully in the bathroom because the pregnant human has isolated hirself behind the shower curtain where the cat is afraid to go, because of the potential for water-induce trauma. There is no cure.

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
#56 of 60 Old 03-11-2010, 02:32 AM

You know you are pregnant when:

-Your mind goes blank all the time when trying to think about anything serious.
-You find yourself thinking about meat even though you are a vegetarian

Melissa knit.gifmilitary wife to C : Mom to Ben (4.26.06) ,Will (4.07.08), Sam (10.11.10), and expecting a GIRL in March 2013!

#57 of 60 Old 03-11-2010, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FtMPapa View Post
You are experiencing a major case of felifinity.

This is my favourite pregnancy symptom so far.

Felifinity is a pregnancy-related medical condition. The condition is only found among humans owned by cats. The key symptom is the cat's complete attachment to their human, often manifesting in extremely close physical contact such as cleaning behind the human's ears, grooming the human's head, or the desire for such contact, which may manifest in a cat crying pitifully in the bathroom because the pregnant human has isolated hirself behind the shower curtain where the cat is afraid to go, because of the potential for water-induce trauma. There is no cure.
+1! My little black kitty is suddenly a luvamuffin, instead of the demon he used to be. Such a nice change! Except when I'm trying to do laundry, fix food, feed the dog, and kitty is trying to wend between my ankles.
#58 of 60 Old 03-11-2010, 08:41 PM

YKYPW the only thing you want for dinner is potato skins and potstickers
#59 of 60 Old 03-12-2010, 10:17 AM

YKYPW the smell of your husband returning from cooking maple sap after work makes you want to get out of your sick bed and go make pancakes and bacon to put that syrup on.

And you want to cry that he didn't just offer to make you some pancakes and bacon.. at 10:30 p.m. As he was going to bed to get up for his factory job that starts at 6a.m.
Yeah, I'm unreasonable. But at least I was silent.

And I just made bacon and pancakes for the family, the next morning. Seriously good - that boiled from your own trees maple syrup. Makes bisquick and store bought bacon taste phenomenal.

Kelli, Upstate NY mama, dh FarmBoy, raising 6:, his, mine, and ours.

#60 of 60 Old 03-12-2010, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kel32brown View Post
And I just made bacon and pancakes for the family, the next morning. Seriously good - that boiled from your own trees maple syrup. Makes bisquick and store bought bacon taste phenomenal.

Wow! Maple syrup from your own trees! Impressive. I hope DH will come through with some waffles for me this weekend! I haven't been able to stop thinking about them all week.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page