You know you're pregnant when... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-07-2010, 01:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Your usually incredibly healthy eating habits fall by the wayside to such an extent that you find yourself eating an entire pint of Ben and Jerry's ice cream in a single sitting.

Oops.

Anyone else tried this Boston Cream Pie ice cream? HOLY MOLY!! SO GOOD!

I have a pint of mud pie and a container of chocolate fudge icing waiting for later in the week.

Pregnancy is kind of gross...I would never normally eat this stuff in these quantities. I wouldn't even be tempted!

B, happily married to M. Mother to two boys: B (3/08) and A (9/10)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2010, 01:47 AM

You know you're pregnant when it takes an hour and a half to eat breakfast. Seriously, bite... Gag... Bite... Gag... Etc.

Nik! Mama to Evelynn Rose 08/19/08 and Autumn Lily 11/02/10
Old 03-07-2010, 01:48 AM

I knew I was pregnant when the idea of pickles and ice cream MADE SENSE! Seriously, sweet, salty, tangy, creamy. Yup! I never ate it, but the thought didn't strike me as crazy.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:51 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by holothuroidea View Post
You know you're pregnant when it takes an hour and a half to eat breakfast. Seriously, bite... Gag... Bite... Gag... Etc.
Awwww. I've been lucky to not have much morning sickness (yet). With DS it hit me HARD from 12-15 weeks, so I know I've still got time to be miserably nauseous and attempting not to throw up in inappropriate places...

Old 03-07-2010, 02:02 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by holothuroidea View Post
Oh yeah. I'm feeling that for sure. I have to eat all day. Little bites. Don't gag. Ew. Sorry

Mama to Nell (11/15/06) and Maggie (10/9/10) . AFTER 2.5 YEARS, I AM AN AUNTIE!!! joy.gifHOORAY TEAR78 and welcome Anika and Brand New Baby Boy!!!!  Circumcision: the more you know, the worse it is; please leave the decision up to your son!

Old 03-07-2010, 03:54 AM

you know you're pregnant when your bras that were too big a few weeks ago are now so small that you contemplate stitching two of them together to make one bigger bra that might actually accommodate your new Dolly Parton-esque figure. And then find yourself shopping on ebay so you can buy a few new bras that might (hopefully) fit. Ever try finding a 32DD or larger??? Not for less than $45 new. I like ebay.

You know you're pregnant when you think it is crazy that fast food joints close as early as 10 pm (I want a breakfast sammich, man!) And worse- they don't serve french fries at 7:30 am. Really? And how do you make money? No, a hash brown WILL NOT suffice.

You know you're pregnant when the foods you loved before now taste "funny" or worse- "like dirt"

You know you're pregnant when you go online in search of a longer banana bar so you can keep your navel piercing in throughout the pregnancy.

you know you're pregnant (or insane) when the thought of plain milk chocolate disgust you beyond anything. (the universe hates me)

Amanda : mom to : ds's 14, 12, 9, 1 & dd6

Old 03-07-2010, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Oh gawd, me tooooo. I am so sick, someone help me. *gag*

Girl #1: 2/14/08
Girl #2: 10/14/10
Old 03-07-2010, 05:25 AM

You know you are pregnant when...
You eat Gardetto's garlic rye chips dipped in vanilla yogurt for lunch and it is sooooooooo good!
When you go to the chinese buffet with dh for Pay check friday dinner and then sit there trying not to gag because you can't even look at the food you once loved.
When you can't sleep so you come downstairs and cry in front of the computer because you are afraid you will die and no one will know to give your stuffed bear to your children.....(that was a classy moment)
Water becomes much more appealing then caffeine free diet coke (this is so weird to me, diet coke was my drink, yes I know it is bad for me and I have been trying to quit for so long and now I have.)
Popcicles become a food group to you.
A stiff wind makes you instantly cross your arms to protect your nips.
Tums become your after dinner mint of choice.
A salad, once my favorite thing in the world, is now so unappetizing because because of the heartburn that will haunt you the rest of the day... I miss salad.
You don't know what you are making for dinner until you make it because you have no idea what will smell good or make you gag until you start cooking.
Oh and that little cardiac flicker on the u/s was a pretty good indication too.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:15 AM

When you lose 5 lbs. in a week, and ponder that this included two full pints of B&J's NY Super fudge chunk, eaten about 1/3 of a pint at a time. Yep, LOST 5 lbs.

Oh yeah, and tried to eat 1/2 cup of some ordinary butter pecan icecream, got a terrible stomach ache afterwards, gas and lactose intolerance symptoms with a vengance. And thought while eating it, this isn't very good. WHAT???

I get up 2-3 times per night to empty my bladder, then sometimes take an hour to fall back to sleep. So strange for my usual can't wake the dead approach to sleep.

Went out to dinner and had 1/4 cup mashed potatoes and gravy, round 2, for dessert instead of the desserts my table mates were having. Wow, that was really good. I'm so odd now.

I found that grilled chicken breast, smothered in bbq sauce, sprinkled liberally with chopped bacon and seriously sharp cheddar cheese goes well with mashed potatoes and might be ambrosia of the gods.

And that it sounds awfully good for breakfast, but there are no leftovers.

Kelli, Upstate NY mama, dh FarmBoy, raising 6:, his, mine, and ours.

Old 03-07-2010, 12:19 PM

I've eaten WAY too much fast food. It's so gross. But it's all I can stomach. I hope that passes soon! Yesterday I had a whopper and now that's all I can think about, blah!!
Old 03-07-2010, 12:20 PM

Oh, dh was laughing because the whole time I was eating it I kept saying "Oh my gosh. It's so good. oh man. When did whoppers get so delicious???"
Old 03-07-2010, 12:33 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBomb View Post
I've eaten WAY too much fast food. It's so gross. But it's all I can stomach. I hope that passes soon!
Me too. It's all I can eat. The only vegetable I've had in three weeks is that stuff they call lettuce on a big mac. It's probably not really a vegetable but I'm counting it anyway. Last night we had KFC. Usually I can't even drive by a KFC without launching into a rant about everything that is wrong with the world.

How can this be right? How can it be that this is what our bodies want us to have?

The funny thing is that DS is the healthiest little toddler eater you've ever met. All he wants to eat are green vegies. Right now just the sight of fresh green beans or asparagus is making me wretch so he is living on frozen peas and frozen edamame for breakfast, lunch and dinner. He's happy and it's better than hot dogs but still...

Happy mumma to my boys Henny Tom (Nov 30, 2008), Arlo Odie (Oct 5, 2010), and baby SISTER! due mid-Dec 2014.
Old 03-07-2010, 02:15 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
You know you're pregnant when reading this thread makes you :Puke from all the mentions of food!

Morning sickness has hit me earlier and stronger this time. I know I need to eat to manage it, but it's soooooooo hard to bring myself to eat anything!

DS born 6/03, DD1 born 9/06, DD2 born 10/10, DD3 born 4/14.
Old 03-07-2010, 02:16 PM

Quote:
I've eaten WAY too much fast food. It's so gross. But it's all I can stomach. I hope that passes soon! Yesterday I had a whopper and now that's all I can think about, blah!!
I hope it passes soon, too. I ate so much better before I was pregnant and now I can't stand vegetables at all and I all want to eat is fast food or carry-out. I had read the "what to eat when you are expecting" type books and I thought I was going to eat sooo perfectly the whole pregnancy. Why don't they just be honest and tell you "this is how we think you should eat but there's no way you will be able to do this without throwing up so don't even bother trying"? At least then I might not feel so guilty about bacon ultimate cheeseburgers and KFC (although both of those items sound incredibly gross right now since I've already eaten them this month). At least these aversions seem to be forcing me to eat a larger variety of foods than I normally would, even if the variety is filled with a significant amount of crap.
Old 03-07-2010, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Oh, dh was laughing because the whole time I was eating it I kept saying "Oh my gosh. It's so good. oh man. When did whoppers get so delicious???"
this is me! But my burger of choice is a BK Chicken with barbeque sauce added. And now I cant stop thinking about it. I dreamt about it last night. I could quite happily live on a few of those a day, easily. YUM.

You know your pregnant when you go looking for the lettuce to make a peanut butter and lettuce sandwich and find it in the cupboard where you must have put it. Cos where else would it be?

Mama to DD Feb '08 (9lbs), DS Oct '10 (10lbs) hbac.gif, DD Jan '13 hbac.gif

Old 03-07-2010, 05:34 PM

When you eat chili dogs for breakfast

Amy, mommy to Ava, 6, Gavin, 4, Lila, 2, and Baby #4 due in early November! joy.gif
Old 03-07-2010, 05:45 PM

Omg I am the same way about the fast food! I have to force myself to eat something healthy to "make up" for the disgustingly delicious fast food I ate all day! Ewww.

Amy, mommy to Ava, 6, Gavin, 4, Lila, 2, and Baby #4 due in early November! joy.gif
Old 03-07-2010, 06:00 PM

You know you pregnant when you have 10 mins to find something to eat or else you will miss you window of eating and be sick the rest of the day. Dh still doesn't understand this and it has now taken him an hour to even start browning the hamburger for lunch. Idiot.

You know your pregnant when you make your toddler sit on the couch with you for hours and to make them sit there you play mickey mouse videos on the computer over and over again just so you don't have to get up and actually be a mom. (I'm sooooo sorry for ruining you oliver).

You know your pregnant when you are dodging the water in the shower while trying to wash your self. No matter how hard I try my boobs still get hit and hard.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:25 PM

you know you're pregnant when you think of something to add to this thread as you're reading it and immediately forget what it was.

you know you're pregnant when you fall asleep waiting for your car to get an oil change.

you know you're pregnant when you have to forcibly stop yourself from having leftover pizza for second breakfast at 10 am.
Old 03-07-2010, 07:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliversmom7213 View Post

You know your pregnant when you make your toddler sit on the couch with you for hours and to make them sit there you play mickey mouse videos on the computer over and over again just so you don't have to get up and actually be a mom. (I'm sooooo sorry for ruining you oliver).
Before this pregnancy, I had never been so much as TEMPTED to put in a video for DS - it just wasn't something I thought of.

Currently he is watching Shrek in the living room and I am watching videos and surfing the web in my bedroom. If I'm in there, he wants to talk (which is awesome that he's interactive about videos....) and right now talking a lot and listening to his amazing chatter makes me nauseous. Or having him climb on me.

You know your pregnant when BEING A MOM makes you NAUSEOUS! What the heck kind of irony is that????

Old 03-07-2010, 07:45 PM

you know you're pregnant when....

you manage to eat all your days worth of calories by 1:30 in the afternoon. (i see hitting the trail w/ toddler and jogging stroller in my very near future--so glad spring's comin')

your hormones cause you to hate everybody, and you wonder wth you were thinking in deciding to make another somebody. (more irony)

you, your reality and the world in which you knew it resemble nothing even remotely familiar, and you swear this is what it must feel like to be possessed or otherwise taken over by some outside force.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:21 PM

...When you step on the scale and proclaim, "O man...

"I lost another pound!"

(Back to the eat-->gag-->eat thing.)

treehugger.gif SAHM with a precious toddler and the love of my life, expecting a new little one July 2014!
Old 03-07-2010, 09:38 PM

nak
laughing as i read some of these bc they're so frickin' accurate!
to add-
ykyp when you suddenly have less than NO patience with your favorite (read: only) daughter in the whole world when she is attempting to nurse when you've asked her to wait, or when you're telling her very forcefully to go back to sleep RIGHT NOW when she wimpers at night. I have reached my lifetime's darkest moments with this pregnancy; at times I don't even know who I am. And I hate it; this is not me.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekingtruth View Post
nak
to add-
ykyp when you suddenly have less than NO patience with your favorite (read: only) daughter in the whole world when she is attempting to nurse when you've asked her to wait, or when you're telling her very forcefully to go back to sleep RIGHT NOW when she wimpers at night. I have reached my lifetime's darkest moments with this pregnancy; at times I don't even know who I am. And I hate it; this is not me.
Mama. I'm right there with you at night time. I leave my patience in the toilet before bed it seems. I just try to breath deeply, and if I have to I block my ears, breath and count to ten. I really have to make myself do this which can be a struggle when I'm about to explode. But it helps.

Mama to DD Feb '08 (9lbs), DS Oct '10 (10lbs) hbac.gif, DD Jan '13 hbac.gif

Old 03-08-2010, 12:10 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekingtruth View Post
nak
to add-
I am right there with you. DH was out of town this weekend and I had a couple bad days in a row - days when I just can hardly pull myself out of bed, can't shake the haziness, and am extremely emotional. I screamed at DS Friday morning like no one should ever EVER be screamed at. I spent a good hour trying to escape the "noise" of having a toddler - the whining, the constant commentary, the power struggles. I reached my limit when I set him up in the living room with toys and went to take a shower - just to have 10 minutes of quiet so I could calm myself down - and he banged on the door and screamed "see mommy! see mommy!" the entire time, and I could hear him. I just lost it. I'm so ashamed of myself.

I know he just needed me right then, but I had nothing left to give. I didn't want to be touched, I didn't want to talk, I didn't want to listen. I just needed some SILENCE!

Old 03-08-2010, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILovePie View Post
I screamed at DS Friday morning like no one should ever EVER be screamed at. I spent a good hour trying to escape the "noise" of having a toddler - the whining, the constant commentary, the power struggles. I reached my limit when I set him up in the living room with toys and went to take a shower - just to have 10 minutes of quiet so I could calm myself down - and he banged on the door and screamed "see mommy! see mommy!" the entire time, and I could hear him. I just lost it. I'm so ashamed of myself.

I know he just needed me right then, but I had nothing left to give. I didn't want to be touched, I didn't want to talk, I didn't want to listen. I just needed some SILENCE!
I'm another one in this boat.

My 19mo daughter's favorite pass time is screaming for no reason. I have no idea why she does this, she has my undivided attention, I try my hardest ignore the screaming, she's not in pain... she just likes to scream. It is driving me literally out of my mind.

The other day she screamed at me in the morning when I was sitting on the floor in the bathroom waiting for the nausea to either subside or manifest (iykwim) and I did the worst thing ever... I turned around and screamed as loud as I could right in her face.

I'm so glad that she reacted okay. She just looked at me in shocked disbelief and continued playing. She took it in stride but I was in pieces for the rest of the day.

Nik! Mama to Evelynn Rose 08/19/08 and Autumn Lily 11/02/10
Old 03-08-2010, 03:02 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
...when you can't sing any of the hymns in church without crying, and then fall asleep during the sermon.

DS born 6/03, DD1 born 9/06, DD2 born 10/10, DD3 born 4/14.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:16 AM

when the "stand up- sit down- repeat" going on at church makes you so dizzy and nauseous that you give up. And then you wonder if you might fall asleep and therefore be unable to wake your snoozing husband.

Amanda : mom to : ds's 14, 12, 9, 1 & dd6

Old 03-08-2010, 04:20 AM

When it's some ungodly below-zero temperature, and you come in from plugging in the car so it has some chance of starting in the morning, and you're FREEZING cold, and you reach for... a pint of Ben and Jerry's chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream.

Me+DH+DS1+DS2+Dog=me and a house full of guys, which is really just peachy, thanks.
Old 03-08-2010, 05:53 PM

You know youre pregnant when little health things that always happened before now freak you out like no one's business.

You know youre pregnant when youre almost 16 weeks and still puking and bitter at the world because Second Trimester Is Supposed To Be Better!! (I'm DDC crashing

You know youre pregnant when your husband, who was OK before being pregnant, is now a godly saint helping with chores and cooking and emotional support *sighs happily* I'll be sad when that goes back to normal

You know youre pregnant when you clean the bathroom and think you deserve a medal AND a ceremony.

You know youre pregnant when getting on a scale doesn't bother you any more because hey, YOURE PREGNANT... It's OK to gain weight

User Tag List