Quoted: 0 Post(s)
yesterday

b: indian dish with peas with cheese and chick peas, apple juice
s: ginger snaps, 1.5 servings, diet sprite
l: beef and broccoli with rice
s: half a cantaloupe, crystal light, diet sprite
d: mashed potatoes and green beans and a very small piece of chicken
s: a coke

not horrible but i need to focus on eating more whole grains and less sugar. also need to drink more water but can't stand the taste of it atm.
#62 of 82 Old 03-28-2010, 03:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Well I was starving after Mass and had to go to the store still (I didn't eat breakfast) so I grabbed a cheeseburger and small fry from McDs

But for lunch I'm having homemade pizza; pesto, mozzarella and fresh paremsan, tomatoes, and black olives.

Dinner we're having white enchiladas and apple cake (all homemade).
#63 of 82 Old 03-28-2010, 06:26 PM - Thread Starter

wow, how do you not eat breakfast? that's such a luxury of the past for me.

today:

2 c. cheerios, skim, a banana

few handfuls of popcorn--the only thing available that prevented my not eating a random stranger in Target.

naked (i.e. sans crispy bowl) chicken salad from Qdoba, sans dressing

feeling ill, ugh, of course. no idea what dinner will be....
#64 of 82 Old 03-28-2010, 07:18 PM

Organic chocolate square:

1 cup of organic brown flour
4 tablespoons organic raw cacao powder
4-6 tblspoons of organic raw palm sugar (still high in minerals)
2 tblspoons of raw organic grass fed butter
4 organic free range eggs
Organic grass fed, non homogenised or pasteurised milk
Love
mix into batter and lay on a tin, cook until fork comes out clean, or 20 minutes.
Cut into squares and eat whenever you like, yummy and healthy

ALL Raw version

1 Cup of Almonds
1 Cup of Dates
2 tblspoons raw cacao powder
2 tblspoons palm sugar or agave nectar
1 tblspoon raw coconut oil
Handful of raisins
Love
few drops of vanilla essence, or scraped out seeds from 1 pod
put everything in a blender or mixer, roll into balls, and then roll into shredded coconut or almond powder.

WHY EAT RAW CACAO RATHER THAN ORDINARY CHOCOLATE??

I am Raw Chocolate, my Scientific name is Theobroma Cacao.However, you may know me as "milk-chocolate". I am usually processed into a commercial & artificial chocolate bar. But I am much more than that!
In my natural state, I am actually a health-food!!! I come from a large pod that contains a fleshy sweet fruit, and I am the seed. I get dried out, peeled, fermented, roasted and separated into solids and powder before being emulsified with lecithin, milk, refined sugar, fats and other naughty things into a sweet bar.
I want people to know what I really am underneith all the additives that harm people. I'm a magical, delightful, psychedelic, mystical health bean!
I am meant to be eaten the way I am, RAW!

It's a fact most people enjoy chocolate, but have never tried me raw!

I consist of 400 distinct flavour compounds – that’s 200% more than any other food!

I have a wopping anti-oxidant (ORAC) score of 95,500!!!! To put that into perspective, that’s 14 times more antioxidant flavonoids than red wine, 21 times more than green tea, and 7 times more than even dark chocolate! Wow!!

I nourish the HEART... by offering medicinal doses of Magnesium. Magnesium is the most common deficient major mineral even following a balanced diet – it is estimated that over 80% of Australians are chronically lacking. The Heart requires magnesium to be healthy, and to avoid heart attacks and heart disease!!!

As you can see I heal HEARTS... no wonder chocolate is a romantic, love-food!

That's not all... my magnesium levels can be helpful for women suffering menstrual cramps because it helps muscles relax, easing discomfort. Now you know why you crave chocolate at that time of the month!!!!

I also contain Phenylethylamine (PEA), which is an adrenal-related chemical that is created within the brain and released when we fall in love, and also help increase focus and alertness. I am a FEEL-GOOD food!!! No wonder you crave me when you're feeling down!!!

Yes, and the benefits keep going, I also help you LOSE WEIGHT! My complex compounds diminish appetite – likely as a result of my unusual MAO inhibitors that allow more serotonin and other neurotransmittors like anandamide (the bliss chemical) to circulate in the brain, precipitating a rejuvenating effect. I make you feel full of life again, like a just like a kid! More energy means that you can keep fit and active!

Don't worry, all these *wonderful* side-affects DON'T come with a catch, I'm 100% healthy and can only cause you to have the best day ever!!! I don't contain sugar, and my fat content is lower than most nuts.

TERMS:

Cacao: The seed from the Theobroma Cacao plant, in its raw natural state.

Cocoa: Usually a powder, which has been roasted and ground up from the Cacao bean.

Chocolate: A bar made from the bean that has been roasted, with added sugar, lecithin, milk, vanilla ect...

F.A.Q

What do I taste like, raw?
I am quite bitter, but not unpleasant. I taste very similar to a good quality dark chocolate (because I am chocolate!lol)My flavor can be enhanced using a little food alchemy...such as a natural sweetener like honey, or agave nectar!

I love being used in healthy recipes, like being mixed up with nuts and dried fruit, or even in a smoothie with coconut and berries!

What's wrong with roasted cacao?
Processing and roasting chocolate changes it's chemical structure and most of the health benefits are lost.

How do you pronounce, cacao?
ca·cao. Pronounced [ka-kow]. Rhymes with "cow."

What is Theobromine?
Theobromine makes up between 1-2% of the cacao bean. Theobromine stimulates the central nervous system, relaxes smooth muscles, and dilates blood vessels. Theobromine has about 1/4 of the stimulating power of its sister molecule caffeine.

So does chocolate contain caffiene, isn't that bad?

(QUOTE: Estimates of how much caffeine is present in cacao differ, depending on the source. However, it generally agreed that chocolate is a poor source of caffeine.

Consider the following estimates we came across in our research:

* A 1.4 ounce-piece of chocolate (40 grams) contains the same amount of caffeine as one cup of decaffeinated coffee.
* A cup of hot chocolate usually contains about 4 or 5 milligrams of caffeine, which is about 1/20 that of a cup of regular coffee.
* According to the Chocolate Information Center, a 50-gram piece of dark chocolate - about the size of your average chocolate bar - will yield between 10 and 60 milligrams of caffeine, while an average 5-ounce cup of coffee can yield up to 175 milligrams.
* 800 grams of milk chocolate (that's a lot of chocolate!) contains the equivalent amount of caffeine present in a cup of coffee.
* A cup of coffee may contain 50 to 175 milligrams of caffeine, a cup of tea contains 25 to 100 milligrams, and a cup of cocoa beverage contains 25 milligrams to none.

Interesting research on caffeine in the field of homeopathy (a branch of medical science) indicates caffeine's stimulating effect when cooked, but not when eaten raw. One experiment conducted with a decoction of roasted ground cacao beans in boiling water produced an excitement of the nervous system similar to that caused by black coffee and an excited state of circulation, demonstrated by an accelerated pulse. Notably, when the same decoction was made with raw, unroasted cacao beans neither effect was noticeable.)

~ SunChild
#65 of 82 Old 03-28-2010, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotusma View Post
wow, how do you not eat breakfast? that's such a luxury of the past for me.
I've NEVER been a breakfast person. It's always made me nauseous to eat before like 11am, pregnant or not. When I get farther in pregnancy I force myself to eat it for the baby, but blah! I hate to. I drink coffee and that's all I can stomach.
#66 of 82 Old 03-29-2010, 02:04 AM - Thread Starter

interesting, that's typically me too. i used to eat the bulk of my food in the late afternoon, now it all seems to need to happen before noon! (i'd seriously be hugging the toilet if i didn't) and coffee, sadly, (or probably fortunately) is so sour and bitter in my belly.
#67 of 82 Old 03-29-2010, 01:23 PM

Yeah, I usually just eat 2 large meals a day, which I know is AWFUL for my metabolism, blah!
#68 of 82 Old 03-29-2010, 01:47 PM

I ate kinda crappy over the weekend - not horrible but not as well as I'd like and certainly lacking on the fresh fruits and veggies.

Today I've had -

B - ww toast, one slice with natural pb, the other with organic jelly, apple slices

S - small yogurt w/ flax seed, dried apricots

L - brown rice sushi (cooked crab kind) & sliced cucumber

S - carrots & red pepper slices dipped in hummus

D - planning to make italian ravoli soup - it's all homemade execpt I'm going to cheat and use ww refrigerated ravolis.

Candacepeace.gif, Married to dh   guitar.gif, Mom to ds (8) biggrinbounce.gif , Gavin candle.gif (9/30/10 - 12/19/10) and cautiously expecting our rainbow1284.gif 4-29-12

#69 of 82 Old 03-29-2010, 06:42 PM

yesterday:

late breakfast at lunchtime: 4 homemade banana-oatmeal pancakes with butter and brown sugar, glass of milk

D: 2 yummy homemade steak fajita's with steak, cheddar cheese, sauteed onions/bellpeppers, lettuce, tomato, sour cream. AMAZING! And an orange for dessert like an hour later.

B: I was at a birth all night, so I had a blueberry yogurt and a homemade "Kitchen Sink" muffin in the wee hours of this morning, being starved to death I also had a bottle of water over the morning.

L: I then devoured a most delicious Panera bread turkey sandwich for lunch containing turkey, smoked gouda, lettuce, tomato, mayo/mustard on tomato-basil bread. mmmm...I was happy and it came with a pickle and an apple, and I had 2 cups of water.

S: another homemade "Kitchen Sink" muffin and a Panera Bread toffee-nut cookie. I also had two more cups of water...I was thirsty today!

now I'm off to a seder feast celebrating the first night of Pesach! I'll report when I get back Then tomorrow starts my 8 days of unleavened bread, so I'll be using whole-wheat matzoh's in very creative ways, lol

Proud wife to my handsome husband partners.gif Malachi David (2010) and Jeremiah Daniel (2012) joined our family via two lovely homebirths. Rainbow.gif Doula for 7 years and now finally an apprentice midwife! bellycast.gif 

bfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifnovaxnocirc.gifcd.giffemalesling.GIF

#70 of 82 Old 03-29-2010, 07:30 PM

Kinda bad (but YUMMY!) weekend this weekend.

Saturday
breakfast:
Fiber One cereal w/ skim milk

lunch:
two pieces organic chicken pizza

dinner:
fancy dinner out- bread, spinach salad w/ goat cheese and pears, seared scallops w/ herb gnochi, eclair

Sunday
breakfast:
fried egg sandwich w/ cheddar on sourdough english muffin

lunch:
Mexican food out

dinner:
another fried egg sandwich

Today
breakfast:
Granola w/ flax seed w/ skim milk
banana
greek yogurt

Snacks throughout the day:
blackberries
dried apricots
crumpet w/ pumpkin butter
pear

Lunch:
sandwich w/ turkey and provolone on ww flax bread
edamame
hardboiled egg

Dinner:
turkey bolognese pasta

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

#71 of 82 Old 03-29-2010, 09:51 PM - Thread Starter

pumpkin butter? yum!

today:

yogurt w/ granola

2 c. grapefruit

maybe 10 ww crackers w/ cream cheese

2 c. bran fakes w/ skim

salad w/ leafy greens, toasted almonds, feta and balsamic
#72 of 82 Old 03-31-2010, 05:17 PM

I haven't been good the last couple of days and it seems like we haven't had dinner at home since I found out I was pregnant. So needless to say I'm bloated and up 1.5lbs this AM.

B- 2 slices WW toast one with natural pb other with jelly and butter
a glass of 1% milk
S- WW tortilla with hummus and carrots
L- Hard boiled egg, laughing cow cheese wedge, cutie
S- greek yogurt 0% and a small apple
D- ravioli and green beans

Harmony; fly-by-nursing2.gifslingtwin.giffamilybed2.gifcd.giftreehugger.gifblogging.jpg to DH and first time Mom to Xander! 12/24/2008babyf.gif and Oliver 11/3/10 babyf.gif
#73 of 82 Old 04-07-2010, 06:34 PM

I'll bump this up now that Easter is over. Actually the only sugar I had was a small pack of spring colored M&M's. YUM!

I'm not sure why I'm still keeping track because I pretty much eat the same type of things every day. But starting yesterday I've been craving (that word just isn't strong enough!!!) flour tortillas with peanut butter, all rolled up like a taquito. But cold. Weird, but I had 3 yesterday and so far 1 today. It's all I want to eat!

Yesterday:

Breakfast
Fiber One cereal w/ skim milk
Greek yogurt w/ granola & flax seed
banana

Lunch
Two tortilla and peanut butter roll ups

Snacks
blackberries
pear
another banana

Dinner
Homemade chicken and cheese quesadilla w/ guacamole
Then another tortilla pb roll up w/ OJ

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

#74 of 82 Old 04-07-2010, 06:52 PM - Thread Starter

i drank a 40oz. green smoothie throughout breakfast and lunch. 40 oz! pretty much the whole blender, sans the 10 oz little man drank--and spilled. (banana, strawberries, pineapple and tons of baby spinach)

then a ginormous salad (dark baby greens, edamame, chick peas, feta, etc)

so, so bloated now. i know better.
#75 of 82 Old 04-08-2010, 12:12 PM

B- whole wheat english muffin with pbj
green smoothie
L- ham sandwich
carrots and hummus
S- apple and grahm crackers
kashi and milk
cutie
D-shirmp rice
S- reese
milk
1/2 bag popcorn

Harmony; fly-by-nursing2.gifslingtwin.giffamilybed2.gifcd.giftreehugger.gifblogging.jpg to DH and first time Mom to Xander! 12/24/2008babyf.gif and Oliver 11/3/10 babyf.gif
#76 of 82 Old 04-08-2010, 12:22 PM

Well I made the mistake of weighing myself for the first time in like a month a couple days ago. It said I've gained like 9lbs. When I got weighed at my appt yesterday I was 235 I'm 5'7" but still that's ridiculous. So obviously I need to go back to tracking my food. Blah. I worked so hard to lose 80 pounds a few years ago and I've gained nearly all of it back. It's depressing.

This morning I just had coffee and right now I'm having a deli turkey club on ciabatta and some vanilla chai tea from bolthouse farms. It's really high in protein, which I'm always craving (and my iron has been borderline, blah).

Also had some whole grain crackers and hummus, so far my total calories for the day are 995 (it adds up so fast!!)
#77 of 82 Old 04-08-2010, 07:37 PM

For a snack I had a small salad, some strawberries, and some grapes. Dinner we had whole wheat pasta with meat sauce and I had two slices of whole wheat toast with butter and garlic sauce. So about 2000 calories for the day. My goal is to stay under 2200.
#78 of 82 Old 04-08-2010, 07:56 PM

Let me see if I can remember the whole day. My days are so long it feels like this morning was yesterday! Ok....

breakfast: 2 pieces of whole wheat bread with neufchatel cheese (like cream cheese but less fat)

lunch: 1 and 1/2 leftover homemade quesadillas. Made with corn tortillas and a veggie filling of broccoli, swiss chard, garlic, cheddar cheese, salsa.

dinner: medium size salad (pre-packaged from the store) with hummus.

misc: a couple handfuls of veggie chips, a couple of those small square snickers candies (from the kids easter baskets)

There is definitely a late night snack/meal coming after the kids are in bed. FINALLY some quiet time when I can eat and not be in a rush. Seeing this all written down, looks like today was a decent food day.

oh and I did take my prenatal vitamin And I only drink water. And I am vegetarian if you couldn't tell.

ETA: I just remembered I also ate a bunch of strawberries and probably about a cup of toasted spelt in the late afternoon.

Homeschooling Mama to dd8, ds5, ds3, and ds 8 months chicken3.gif

#79 of 82 Old 04-08-2010, 09:03 PM

B - 2 sliced ww toast - one with natural pb the other with jelly
S - yogurt with berry granola, plum
l - grilled veggies in spinach wrap
s - ww crackers with laughing cow cheese on top, apple slices
d - lemon asparagus rice - may have a bite of the pork tenderloin I cooked for dh to go with it.

Candacepeace.gif, Married to dh   guitar.gif, Mom to ds (8) biggrinbounce.gif , Gavin candle.gif (9/30/10 - 12/19/10) and cautiously expecting our rainbow1284.gif 4-29-12

#80 of 82 Old 04-14-2010, 03:40 PM

B- Coffee (I know!)
L- frozen chicken cordon bleu, fruit juice
S- fresh strawberries

I've actually lost 4 pounds in the last 8 days. But I've been sick since Friday and haven't had much of an appetite (I'm forcing these strawberries down!)

Not sure what we're doing for dinner, I have hamburger that needs to get cooked, so I'll probaby make homemade sloppy joes (kids go nuts for it )
#81 of 82 Old 04-14-2010, 05:45 PM

I have been eating like a horse.

B- 1c kashi, 1/2 cup strawberries, milk
S- ww english muffin pbj, apple
L- Salad, cottage cheese, carrots, pickled galic
S- Strawberries and whip cream
crackers
cheese stick
D- lamb meatballs with noodles and gravey

#82 of 82 Old 04-14-2010, 11:15 PM

Today, for breakfast I cut up about 1/4 of a pineapple and drenched it with rice vinegar and dusted it with sea salt, for lunch I had a glass of milk with a pack of carnation instant breakfast in it, and for dinner I had 1 cod fish fillet, 2 pirogies with sun dried tomato paste and corn on the cob. I tried to do better today, since last night came around and all I had eaten was dinner. I admit I forget to eat a lot of times and keeping this food journal will help me be accountable, thank you for starting it!!!!!!!

A single mom, a student, and an aspiring midwife. Due with number 6 November 13th edd

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page