Weekly Chat April 26-May 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 33 Old 04-26-2010, 10:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
How's every one doing? When's your next appointment? My next is coming up May 5th, I'll be 17 weeks so my "big" u/s should get scheduled. Very excited to find out if baby is a boy or a girl so I can start knitting stuff (I don't care for a lot of gn colors). I'm still guessing it's another girl

Still don't feel very pregnant, but I'm starting to get some fluttering (15w5d today). Wishing I could get a healthy appetite back but I'm still in a funk where nothing decent sounds good, so I wind up eating a lot of protein and carbs. (Good for the protein, not so much for the carbs).
#2 of 33 Old 04-26-2010, 11:28 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Exciting about the May 5 appointment, CherryBomb, and jealous that you can knit. Maybe I'll learn because of the bambino. (I'd like to knit some legwarmers!)

My anatomy scan is this Friday, and I'm so psyched to find out what flavor of baby I'm growing!!!!! I'll be 18w1d, so hopefully there won't be any question. My midwife likes to do the anatomy scan earlier rather than later, because the way she figures it, if there's any "problems" it would be better to know sooner. No objections here! I'm way to excited to name the baby to wait much longer! Lol. Next appointment with her will be following the u/s, next Wednesday.

Overall, I'm feeling pretty good. Although I guess I've entered some stage where I'm absolutely RAVENOUS at all times! I just can't seem to eat enough (yet I'm still not really gaining any weight). I'm trying to make healthy choices about food, but did give in to a craving for Rocky Road last night.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

#3 of 33 Old 04-26-2010, 12:45 PM

My first appointment is tonight (14wks, 6 days) and I'm SO excited to hear the heartbeat!!! Also having my first-ever Pap smear tonight, so I guess that'll be interesting lol :P But I'm VERY glad that my first Pap smear is with my gentle homebirth midwife whom I've known since I was 7 and trust implicitly I'll give an update when I get home!

Proud wife to my handsome husband partners.gif Malachi David (2010) and Jeremiah Daniel (2012) joined our family via two lovely homebirths. Rainbow.gif Doula for 7 years and now finally an apprentice midwife! bellycast.gif 

bfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifnovaxnocirc.gifcd.giffemalesling.GIF

#4 of 33 Old 04-26-2010, 01:04 PM - Thread Starter

Good luck with the appointment and the pap smear, BIA! They're not fun but they're over quickly

Lyndzies, I was about 18 weeks when I had my u/s with dd3, and there was no question she was a girl Don't feel bad about the ice cream, I had McD's for lunch
#5 of 33 Old 04-26-2010, 01:29 PM

I am 14 weeks today... My next appointment is the 14th and I will be 16.5 weeks then so I should get to schedule my anatomy scan I can't wait to find out if we are having a boy or a girl and to see the baby again!! I still don't really feel pregnant so I really hope I start feeling movement soon

Rachel, proud Army wife to my superhero.gif and SAHM to my crazy boys jumpers.gif... Trevor 4/08, Trenton 6/09 and Travis 10/10
#6 of 33 Old 04-26-2010, 02:31 PM

I am 15 weeks tomorrow and I'm feeling the baby move!! It started about a week ago but was really light and sporadic so I couldn't be totally sure. But they are now stronger and happening often.

I have an appt this Thursday am - dying to hear the heartbeat as I couldn't really hear it clearly last time over mine. At that appt I will schdule our "big" ultrasound about one month out .. I will be around 19 weeks then.

This is an exciting time .. starting to feel better, starting to show, feeling baby. And finally NOT so worried about a m/c.

Candacepeace.gif, Married to dh   guitar.gif, Mom to ds (8) biggrinbounce.gif , Gavin candle.gif (9/30/10 - 12/19/10) and cautiously expecting our rainbow1284.gif 4-29-12

#7 of 33 Old 04-26-2010, 03:58 PM

Yay for baby fluttering CherryBomb! I have moments where I think I feel something but cant be certain. Cant wait for undoubtable (is that even a word..) movements

Cant wait to hear your update after your scan Lyndzies. We've had 3/3 mama's who were correct in their babies sex so far. I love it when our intuition is correct. But for some reason I'm not as convinced this time like I was with DD. With her I just knew she was a girl. This one I've had feelings both ways. Annoying We're not having our anatomy scan until 34 weeks, so may as well wait until birth to find out the sex.

Hope your appt went well BIA. I really dont mind pap smears. If you kind out push out/down a little bit with your pelvic floor, it makes the speculum a whole lot more comfortable.

I dont really feel pregant anymore either chely. My appetite is back, energy levels on the way up, no movement.

Mistymama I'm jealous of you feelin your baby move already! I was 15 weeks yesterday and am soooo ready to feel this little one! Hope you hear the heartbeat nice and loud. Its the best sound ever!

AFM - my next midwife appt is May 7. I'll be almost 17 weeks. I LOVE updating my signature every week

Mama to DD Feb '08 (9lbs), DS Oct '10 (10lbs) hbac.gif, DD Jan '13 hbac.gif

#8 of 33 Old 04-26-2010, 05:25 PM

Melly, I was there a week ago. Felt something on occasion, but couldn't be sure. I bet in a few days to a week it gets strong to where you KNOW.

Mine are still really light, but it's definately all baby.

Candacepeace.gif, Married to dh   guitar.gif, Mom to ds (8) biggrinbounce.gif , Gavin candle.gif (9/30/10 - 12/19/10) and cautiously expecting our rainbow1284.gif 4-29-12

#9 of 33 Old 04-26-2010, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistymama View Post
Melly, I was there a week ago. Felt something on occasion, but couldn't be sure. I bet in a few days to a week it gets strong to where you KNOW.
Oh I hope so! It's by far my most favourite thing about being pregnant

#10 of 33 Old 04-26-2010, 08:44 PM

I am doing okay. Generally feeling better although I had a lot of nausea yesterday-- I think I was just overtired, though. I made it on a short run this morning and it felt great-- I did intervals and didn't push. Here's hoping I don't feel miserable tomorrow! I am feeling some flutters and starting to look pregnant to myself, probably just plump to my clients.
My next midwife appointment is Thursday when I will be about 14.5 weeks. I think we will schedule the big US then, but we won't be finding out the gender (much to my 8 yo's chagrin!)

Anne-Marie
expecting #3 October 26, 2010
#11 of 33 Old 04-27-2010, 01:10 AM

I am glad everyone seems to be doing well this week so far! I am doing great I am feeling better my engery is back wow its nice to be me again!! : ) I am now 15 weeks my next midwife appt will be on the 19th of May. I am going to have my big U/S on the 4th of May I will be 16 weeks then and we will be finding out what I am housing.......boy.......girl??? I dont know I was really thinking boy but in the last couple weeks I am thinking girl but who knows I guess we will in a week! : ) I have been feeling baby for 2 weeks now I thought I had felt something about two weeks ago then I had my midwife apt like 3 days after I was feeling something in there and my midwife was having a hard time finding the hb so I told her to go to the left and wow what a hb she asked how I knew the baby was there and I told cause I am feeling baby! : ) I LOVE the feeling of baby moving! I hope everyone countiues feeling great and I hope everyones appts go well papsmears goes good and everyones babys countiues to grow and be healthy little babies!

Darnell ~ Momma to Lilly (09/07) and expecting #2 ****5***10****15****20****25***30****35****40**
#12 of 33 Old 04-27-2010, 01:54 AM

Thanks everyone for the sweet words and pap smear advice. It was very non-scary, I barely felt the speculum, and it was over in less than 5 min. We heard the heartbeat!!!!! Hubby is still in Texas so he heard it via speaker phone HB was loud, strong, 155 bpm, my midwife found it the instant she placed the doppler probe! It's really a person in there!!! It was amazing hearing our baby's heartbeat. I can't even describe it...just, awesome. I think I'm in I haven't felt any movement yet, but am very hopeful that I will in the next 2 weeks.

How exciting that everyone is scheduling their anatomy scans---hope they all go well! No sonograms for us, hehe, so I will live vicariously through y'all Also, those that have started feeling baby---yay!---and for the rest of us---it will happen soon <crosses fingers> Hope everyone has a blessed week! G'night all!

Proud wife to my handsome husband partners.gif Malachi David (2010) and Jeremiah Daniel (2012) joined our family via two lovely homebirths. Rainbow.gif Doula for 7 years and now finally an apprentice midwife! bellycast.gif 

#13 of 33 Old 04-27-2010, 02:36 AM

Yay for hearing the heartbeat BiA! It is just the greatest sound ever!

Look what arrived for me today!

Custom made ring sling and mei tai

#14 of 33 Old 04-27-2010, 09:31 AM

I am jealous of you ladies who have had appointments and heard the baby's heartbeat!! I don't have an appt. until May 10 and I'll be 16 weeks...but I am trying to switch OBs and hopefully that will work out.

I started to feel the baby move a couple of weeks ago, I am almost 14 weeks now. The fluttering is still light and really sporadic but still cool to feel. My morning sickness is still sticking around so at least feeling the baby makes it a tad better to deal with! I was not this sick with my DD so this is frustrating to say the least. I am still throwing up most mornings

Soon...hopefully...soon the sickness will end ....right?!

Mom to Nora - 04/07 and Brendan - born still at 23 weeks - 07/10
#15 of 33 Old 04-27-2010, 09:33 AM - Thread Starter

Those are gorgeous, Melly! I think dh would have a fit if I bought any more slings, lol!!

Yay for hearing the heartbeat BIA!
#16 of 33 Old 04-27-2010, 09:53 AM

Melly I want that Mai Tei!!!! I love it! That's very similar to what I want, chocolate straps and all.

#17 of 33 Old 04-27-2010, 01:40 PM

Grrr...my post just disappeared!
I have a sick little guy. My 2 yo isn't feeling well and I can't put him down. Hope it won't last too long.

OK...so I'm starting to get nervous. I'm 17w2d and STILL NO MOVEMENT?!
Anyone else? I'm trying not to get nervous. I saw the baby on U/S at 10 weeks and my mw got a heartbeat with the doppler at 14 weeks. It's just hard not to get nervous with all the stuff that happened at the beginning. It's just been a wierd pregnancy for me.

Anyway...sounds like you all are doing pretty well. We are moving right along. It's exciting!

Need to see if I can get this sleeping boy off my lap so I can feed my face...I'm starving!!

Life is to be enjoyed...not just endured!
#18 of 33 Old 04-27-2010, 01:51 PM

oh Melly, they're beautiful! I especially LOVE the Mei Tai Gorgeous!

#19 of 33 Old 04-27-2010, 03:03 PM

Thanks everyone, the MT is by far my fave too. I kinda wish the backing fabric of the ring sling was choc brown too now... never mind I'll still get loads of use out of it

AmBam maybe you have an anterior placenta and that's why you cant feel movement yet. Try not to worry. I hope your little guy feels better soon

#20 of 33 Old 04-27-2010, 03:33 PM - Thread Starter

AmBam, that's not uncommon. Most women probably aren't feeling anything yet at 17 weeks. I'm not even 100% sure if the few flutterings I've felt were baby or not Try not to stress!
#21 of 33 Old 04-27-2010, 04:36 PM

I'm 17w/3d and no movement yet. But I've got lots of <cough> cushion so I'm not surprised and this is #6 so I can wait...LOL I'm sure it'll be any day now, but my favorite part is when it gets regular and I've got probably a month before then...ah well.

I am wrestling with doing my own pre-natals and just biting the bullet and going to see someone...I think I'm still gonna hold out, but I do have lots of folks (including my kids) who'd like to know and I wouldn't mind hearing a heart beat...I've also held off on buying/renting a doppler...for now...

Feeling pretty much 100% - a wave of nasuea or a quick puke from time to time, but nothing regular. And though I'm still hungrier than usually, I can get by without eating for at least 3-4 hours so that's improvement too...LOL

Glad to hear things are going well for so many of us!

WOHM married to SAHD, living the dream w/our: 3 girls (14,12,10) and 3 boys (7,5,3) and tie-breaker due Jan 2014

#22 of 33 Old 04-27-2010, 11:08 PM

I'm 17w2d today and I'm definitely feeling movement as of a few days ago! I've felt occasional little pokes and nudges up until now, but today I swear it did a full-on barrel roll in there. This is so cool! I can't wait until DH can feel it too.

I hope everyone else starts feeling movement soon!

9/2011 items decluttered
#23 of 33 Old 04-29-2010, 12:12 PM

Had an OB appt today, I'm 15.5weeks. Heard the heartbeat loud and clear - I actually recorded it on my phone, here it is if you want to listen

http://candace76.multiply.com/video/...at 4-29-10.amr

Have not gained any weight & everything looks good! We scheduled our anatomy ultrasound for May 27th ... that seems SO FAR away! But I guess just one month and I can wait... I think...

I also believe I've found my doula, going to meet with her Monday so I'm excited about that too. Just a good day overall!!

#24 of 33 Old 04-29-2010, 04:13 PM - Thread Starter

The file won't play for me! Glad everything went well though

Good luck with the doula! Mine moved back to Canada and I don't think I could be comortable with anyone else, so I guess I'll skip it this time.
#25 of 33 Old 04-29-2010, 06:39 PM

I fixed the link if anyone wants to try it. Such a sweet sound.

I'm excited about this doula, I've heard great things about her, and I think I'm really going to need her to run interference at the hospital to help me get a vbac as naturally as possible.

#26 of 33 Old 04-29-2010, 10:01 PM

Just wanted to share this Facebook video - http://www.facebook.com/video/video....17414274946352

We had a breastfeeding photo competition here recently. The theme was something like breastfeeding in our great outdoors...or something. lol. Anyway I got all teary and silly watching it. Enjoy!

#27 of 33 Old 04-29-2010, 10:52 PM

My next appt is may 19th as well. Will be 18 weeks by then. Our U/s is schd for june 2nd. Since we have visitors this month, Ds's 2nd bday and well baby visit, and first hair cut....this month should fly by. Then it will be u/s time and 20 weeks!!! I'm just hoping the last 20 weeks fly by as well! It gets pretty hot here in iowa and could make for a loooooooong summer.
#28 of 33 Old 04-29-2010, 11:10 PM - Thread Starter

I've felt some 100% for sure baby movement today! Up till now it's been "I'm pretty sure, but it might not be."
#29 of 33 Old 04-29-2010, 11:12 PM

Yay CherryBomb

#30 of 33 Old 04-30-2010, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistymama View Post
I fixed the link if anyone wants to try it. Such a sweet sound.

I'm excited about this doula, I've heard great things about her, and I think I'm really going to need her to run interference at the hospital to help me get a vbac as naturally as possible.
Was lovely loud and clear! What a beautiful sound!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page