Weekly Chat May 17-23 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-16-2010, 03:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
How's everyone doing? Prenatal appts, u/s etc coming up? My next appt isn't until June 2nd, then they'll schedule the "big" u/s. The waiting is driving me nuts! I want to know the sex, but mostly I'm really anxious to see that the baby is okay.

Seems like I'll feel tons of baby movement for a few days, then hardly anything for the next few (which of course flares up my paranoia!) I guess I'm doing fine over all, my appetite is still pretty blah and I'm still tired a lot, but nothing major. Mostly just really eager for my u/s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2010, 03:44 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had my last OB appointment a few days ago and got to schedule my big ultrasound!! It is June 9th and I can not WAIT!!! I am so impatient and want to see the baby and find out what we are having. Plus, I am still not feeling movement (haven't felt anything till 20ish weeks the past 2 time) and I don't really have any symptoms and I don't really FEEL pregnant besides the fact that I have a bit of a bump and have gained 7ish pounds. So yeah... it needs to be June 9th already!! It was nice though, the nurse practitioner I saw for my last appointment did a quick u/s so I could see the baby and that it was ok

Rachel, proud Army wife to my superhero.gif and SAHM to my crazy boys jumpers.gif... Trevor 4/08, Trenton 6/09 and Travis 10/10
Old 05-16-2010, 04:58 PM

My next midwife appointment is 4th June. We're not having an anatomy scan until 34 weeks, but I still love to visit my midwife

Baby is a wiggle worm! I've been feeling movement for a couple of weeks now, but the last week have been much bigger. So strange as I didnt feel movement with DD until 19ish weeks and outside movement at 20 weeks. We've felt outside movement already too. I did have an anterior placenta with DD which is why I remember her early movements being more "swishy" and internal feeling, whereas this ones movements are jabby and pokey already.

I love being pregnant

Mama to DD Feb '08 (9lbs), DS Oct '10 (10lbs) hbac.gif, DD Jan '13 hbac.gif

Old 05-16-2010, 05:07 PM

doing well, feeling big-ish already. can you believe i only announced it to the kids (and to the world) just last week? i felt pretty certain based on the shettles theory that we were carrying a wee girl, but dreamed of having the info (confirmation) when i announced it. everyone's still on cloud nine and full of giggles and hugs after finding out. Her being a girl has us in complete shock and i feel a slight shift happening in my world. wow, there's actually gonna be a vagina other than my own in the house.

i'm regretting having done the genetic testing/counseling thus far and can totally see how the alarm can spiral out of control and easily cause one to get sucked into the vortex of "needing" more control and interventions. i started out w/ a 1:800 chance of having DS in the first trimester to now, after my 20 week u/s, having a 1:400 chance due to a smaller than average nasal bone. (and only by 1 mm) all sorts of personnel and doctors piled in the room and were all set to do an amnio but i high-tailed it outta there asap and regret now the bit of irrational fear that's been planted in me. ugh. i really knew better. i figured i'd go and get everything confirmed normal/healthy so as to fully prepare for another UC, and obviously w/ numbers like 1:400, i have nothing to fret, but the "small nasal bone" being pointed out and the additional personnel that came in to counsel me was quite the kill joy. then they mentioned my needing to come back in a few weeks because, you know, being just at that arbitrary age puts me at a higher risk of blah, blah, blah. so no more meddling and questioning mother nature for me. i'm returning to my zen place and moving onward from here w/ my UP and UC plans.

Omm...

o, and still holding steady @ about 10 pounds @ 20 weeks. i only know because of previous dr visits--won't care from here on out! sooo liberating.
Old 05-16-2010, 06:39 PM

lotusmama for you!! my best friend had several u/s where they swore up and down to expect DS (don't remember the exact chances and she never did have any other testing) but he was a perfectly fine little boy. Not that a baby with DS isn't perfectly fine either, but hopefully ykwim.

I'm still UP. so far so good. i think we've decided to do one of those "fun" 3D/4D u/s at about 24-28 wks so that will be in the next month or two and then I plan on seeking my actual care provider around 28-32 wks. i'm going to do my own GD testing and so i want to be past that point before I go see anyone so i can just show them my results and be done with it.

speaking of which, gosh people are SO weird about you not having "official" prenatal care though. as if being pg was some mysterious illness that you absolutely must have a bonafide DOCTOR overseeing or who knows what kind of ill you'll bring upon yourself.

i have gained almost/around 20 pounds at just over 20 weeks definitely didn't need it, but I guess it could be worse too.

I'm feeling movement regularly now. Times during the day when I'm still, but mostly at night. It seems like it went from 0 to 60. I actually have had a few movements you could see/feel from the outside and that just seems weird to me. It's definitely been later for that defined movement in my past pgs.

all and all I'm feeling the of being pg at this point. hopefully it'll continue through the summer!

WOHM married to SAHD, living the dream w/our: 3 girls (14,12,10) and 3 boys (7,5,3) and tie-breaker due Jan 2014

Old 05-16-2010, 06:41 PM

My next appt is this coming Thursday and I'm excited for it! Even though it's just a routine visit, I love listening to the heartbeat. Headaches have decreased and my insomnia is not quite as bad as it was. Whew!
We won't have any more u/s so things will just go along naturally. I'm frustrated that I don't have a strong intuition for the sex like I did with ds. Wonder why?
Appetite comes and goes kind of like the energy level!

Married 16 yrs to DH, DS (3/06) x4 (11/04) (3/08) (3/09) (8/09)
DD born 9/24/2010 :
Old 05-16-2010, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBomb View Post
Seems like I'll feel tons of baby movement for a few days, then hardly anything for the next few (which of course flares up my paranoia!)
Same here!

Have my big ultrasound scheduled for June 1. I think finding the gender will be interesting, but mostly I just want to make sure it's ok.

I was having rotten days-long headaches but they're easing up significantly. Allergies are still in full force. Sleeping is getting really uncomfortable already. I'm a back sleeper usually but sleeping on my back feels bad; I keep trying to roll onto my back in my sleep and it will wake me up because it feels so bad and then I have to go back to my side which is also uncomfortable. Poops.

Loving my new shape though!

Me love.gif, DH guitar.gif, and DD baby.gif9/27/10!
Old 05-16-2010, 07:11 PM

I'm having the same thing Cherry - I feel lots of movement and then NOTHING for days. I felt a bunch the other evening, even felt a kick on the outside, but nothing since then. Not a flutter or anything. It has me crazy paranoid, so it's nice to hear other Mamas are experiencing the same thing. With ds .. once I felt him, I felt him daily. All the time. Makes me wonder if I have an anterior placenta this time.

My next appt and BIG ultrasound are next Thursday, May 27th. I'm seriously just DYING to find out the sex and counting down the days!!! Ds will be out of school by then, so he's coming too. It's going to be a very, very exciting day for all of us!!

Otherwise not much going on. Just working, and preparing for summer with ds. He goes to some 1/2 day science camps, but since I can work from home we also spend time together going to the water park, science center, etc. I'm very much looking forward to it. And he only has 7 more days of school!

Speaking of ds, he's running a fever and feels like crap. Really hoping I don't catch it while I take care of him!!!

Candacepeace.gif, Married to dh   guitar.gif, Mom to ds (8) biggrinbounce.gif , Gavin candle.gif (9/30/10 - 12/19/10) and cautiously expecting our rainbow1284.gif 4-29-12

Old 05-16-2010, 07:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcimom View Post

i think we've decided to do one of those "fun" 3D/4D u/s at about 24-28 wks so that will be in the next month or two and then I plan on seeking my actual care provider around 28-32 wks.
Do they do that where you live at? There's only a few places here in Indiana that do the 3d/4d and they won't do them until after you've had the anatomy scan with your doctor. Which really irritated me because one does gender checks for 99 bucks and I was wanting to do that before the anticipation kills me! Oh well.

mistymama, I was thinking of you the other day when I was getting anxious about not having felt any movement. It is reassuring to know that you're not the only one.

Quote:
Her being a girl has us in complete shock and i feel a slight shift happening in my world. wow, there's actually gonna be a vagina other than my own in the house.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Do they do that where you live at? There's only a few places here in Indiana that do the 3d/4d and they won't do them until after you've had the anatomy scan with your doctor. Which really irritated me because one does gender checks for 99 bucks and I was wanting to do that before the anticipation kills me! Oh well.

mistymama, I was thinking of you the other day when I was getting anxious about not having felt any movement. It is reassuring to know that you're not the only one.

I'm in Indiana and made an appt wiith one of those places without having to have an anatomy scan with a doc. I'm near the MI border so the place I have an appt with is in MI (Niles) but they have lots of packages starting at much less than $99. Not sure how far it would be from you but here it is if you want to check it out

http://www.themiracleinme.com/

I have my appt with them tomorrow! We're going to find out what we're having but we've told everybody that we aren't. We want to keep it our little secret!

My next mw appt is on May 25th.

Still mostly feeling the baby only at night and when i lay down for a rest in the afternoon. The last couple of days i've felt some movement when i wake up and maybe once or twice during the day.

Loving being pregnant right now minus the super achey lower back. Start my prenatal yoga classes on June 2nd so thats something that i'm really looking forward to!

Wife to DH (9/02) Homeschooling Mama to DD1 (2/03) DD2 (11/06) DD3(9/10)

Old 05-16-2010, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Well, I haven't called yet, but the website doesn't say anything, only that it shouldn't "replace" an anatomy scan and it's not diagnostic, etc. Our option is much more expensive though, about $150. I was also considering just going to a local crisis pg center, but they never got back to me. There's another center offering free u/s, but it's about an hour away city driving and of course wouldn't be 3D/4D which we've never done before...and I figure with what I'm saving on co-pays by doing my own pre-natals...

I am so tired today. We walked yesterday for the AHA Heart Walk (only 1.5 miles) and again today probably about 2 miles. Seriously, how out of shape am I? Actually it's not the walking that tires me, it's the fact that I already feel like my uterus is up into my diaphragm and I get so short of breath. Weird.

WOHM married to SAHD, living the dream w/our: 3 girls (14,12,10) and 3 boys (7,5,3) and tie-breaker due Jan 2014

Old 05-16-2010, 08:48 PM

Speaking of not having any prenatal care...DH is away for work (military) for the next 2 months. I decided to take DS and go & stay with my parents instead of staying in our new house (in a new town with no support/no friends).

My insurance won't let me see anybody else when I'm up here because I'm in a different region. So, no prenatal appointments for me. I feel really guilty about it. But, I feel great, doing lots of yoga and trying to stay active.

Wife, mom to DS (4), DD (2) and baby heart 2.7.13

Old 05-17-2010, 10:19 AM

at 11am i finally get to see this little one, and i am soooooo excited! app. 150 minutes to go!

Old 05-17-2010, 11:26 AM

I'm so glad other people are having sporadic movement, too! I'm 20w today, and only started feeling movement a week or two ago. But it seems like last week I was getting a lot of big, strong thumps and for the last few days I've been feeling mainly light flutters. Definitely got my paranoia up, d'oh. I have a midwife appointment on Wednesday and I'm eager to hear the heartbeat.

Anne - Wife to DH, mom to DD (5/08) and DS (10/10).
Old 05-17-2010, 11:37 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks bb! That's 2 hours from me, not sure if I can convince dh (I'd do it in a heartbeat )

I wonder if you have to bring proof that you've had one or if it's just a liability thing?
Old 05-17-2010, 11:40 AM - Thread Starter

Let me know how it goes blue butterfly! Dh wants to know if you liked it before we drive out there
Old 05-17-2010, 12:14 PM

On my way out the door now! They didn't ask me for any sort of proof of anything, they may ask my midwifes name to make sure i'm getting prenatal care....we'll see.

Old 05-17-2010, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue butterfly View Post
at 11am i finally get to see this little one, and i am soooooo excited! app. 150 minutes to go!
How exciting! Can't wait to hear all about it!

I've certainly popped this week! I didn't really look all that pregnant before... just like I had put on quite a bit of weight. I've been feeling almost constant movement ever since Mother's Day which has been really exciting. I only feel movement on the left side for some reason but maybe that's normal?

*** 5 **** 10 **** 15 **** 20 **** 25 **** 30 **** 35 * * * 40
Old 05-17-2010, 02:28 PM - Thread Starter

I hope you like it so I can go too, lol!

Virgo, probably just the way your baby is laying. I mostly feel mine on the left or dead center above my cervix. Today it's more to the left.

I had a WIC appt and according to their scale I'm down a pound from my last weigh in at the health clinic (5-5). I'm not entirely sure what my prepregnancy weight was, but I think I've gained about 10 pounds.
Old 05-17-2010, 04:38 PM

Everything looked great! Baby wasn't very cooperative and we discovered my placenta is anterior which made it even more difficult but her guess was GIRL!

The place was really nice and the tech was great, she worked really hard to get good pics and find out the sex even though the placenta placement was making it quite hard. I would definitely recommend going there! So much more cozy feeling the hospital where i had the u/s done with my first two.

Old 05-17-2010, 04:38 PM

that was my 1,000th post

Old 05-17-2010, 05:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Everything looked great! Baby wasn't very cooperative and we discovered my placenta is anterior which made it even more difficult but her guess was GIRL!

The place was really nice and the tech was great, she worked really hard to get good pics and find out the sex even though the placenta placement was making it quite hard. I would definitely recommend going there! So much more cozy feeling the hospital where i had the u/s done with my first two.
Awesome! And grats on post !!
Old 05-17-2010, 05:33 PM

Quote:
that was my 1,000th post
What a great post for your 1000th!

Mama to DD Feb '08 (9lbs), DS Oct '10 (10lbs) hbac.gif, DD Jan '13 hbac.gif

Old 05-17-2010, 05:39 PM

CherryBomb, I forgot to mention, I did have to fill out a very small amount of paperwork and one of the questions was "date of anatomy ultrasound"....when i handed them back the paperwork, I just told them that my MW doesn't order u/s unless she thinks there might be a problem. They were totally fine with that

Old 05-17-2010, 06:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
CherryBomb, I forgot to mention, I did have to fill out a very small amount of paperwork and one of the questions was "date of anatomy ultrasound"....when i handed them back the paperwork, I just told them that my MW doesn't order u/s unless she thinks there might be a problem. They were totally fine with that
Good to know, thanks!
Old 05-17-2010, 08:22 PM

First time finding out I have anterior placenta.
They didn't really mention it until I asked, and they didnt tell me much about it, but from what I figured out on the internet has given me great comfort.
I hardly feel any movment, in the beginning from 15 wks I felt rolls and little pokes when I was quiet at night, sitting, and then nothing for ages and then some swimming and internal kicks and pokes off and on. It was saturday night when I felt lots of internal movement and then sunday and monday went by with hardly anything at all, of course it makes me worry, but I was telling myself the bub was just cosy and fine in there (most likely!), but not feeling anything is rather concerning when my first pregnancy was so full of movements consistently. It really makes one paranoid and you just want to know what's going on in there!!! I'm experiencing something very new and finding it hard to adjust to it.
But I felt a lot of action last night, bladder pokes, rolling, ect.. enough for me to realise that everything is ok, and that I have to accept the way it's gonna be until she grows bigger.

I say she because that is what they think, i didn't see anything convincing on the ultrasound, it seemed more like a guess, we couldnt get between the legs to see. I still feel a boy in there but I could be wrong.

We also got some news that dampened the mood a bit, that our bub has multicystic kidney on one side- and that kidney may or may not function after birth but the good news is people with this disease of one kidney can go on to live a normal life because the other kidney is capable of compensating for the other one. But we are praying that the cysts will resolve on their own and the kidney will function properly.

My belly is huge but not in the way yet, feeling good in general, good appetite, even with a 2.5 yr old, I get plenty of sleep as she is a great sleeper, self settles, doesnt wake up too early, Mama is happy most of the time, she is well behaved and doesnt cause too many headaches for me.

So thats about it, my next appt is coming up soon as they want to keep tabs on the kidney, but even know there is nothing that can be done about it, i actually would rather wait for the next ultrasound at 32 or 34 wks instead of having them regularly and unecessarily.

I would like to share a link that helped me in my first pregnancy
http://lovefrombaby.com

you get emails from "your baby" every few days, trust me, they come just in time & say just the right things you need to hear in that moment.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunChild View Post
First time finding out I have anterior placenta.
They didn't really mention it until I asked, and they didnt tell me much about it, but from what I figured out on the internet has given me great comfort.
I hardly feel any movment, in the beginning from 15 wks I felt rolls and little pokes when I was quiet at night, sitting, and then nothing for ages and then some swimming and internal kicks and pokes off and on. It was saturday night when I felt lots of internal movement and then sunday and monday went by with hardly anything at all, of course it makes me worry, but I was telling myself the bub was just cosy and fine in there (most likely!), but not feeling anything is rather concerning when my first pregnancy was so full of movements consistently. It really makes one paranoid and you just want to know what's going on in there!!! I'm experiencing something very new and finding it hard to adjust to it.
But I felt a lot of action last night, bladder pokes, rolling, ect.. enough for me to realise that everything is ok, and that I have to accept the way it's gonna be until she grows bigger.

I say she because that is what they think, i didn't see anything convincing on the ultrasound, it seemed more like a guess, we couldnt get between the legs to see. I still feel a boy in there but I could be wrong.

reading this was so crazy to me because it's me exactly! first time with anterior placenta, not nearly as much movement as my first two, them thinking it's a girl but we couldn't really get in there because of the positioning with the placenta and myself still feeling that it's a boy!

only time shall tell but i just wanted to let you know theres another mama out there going threw the same thing

Old 05-17-2010, 10:11 PM

I am also experiencing the sporadic movement-- a lot one day, less the next. I am 17 weeks tomorrow and starting to appear more pregnant, I guess, since 2 clients asked me about it today.
I am having a rotten year for allergies, so my energy level is down a little. I have started running again but am not doing that great with it.

Anne-Marie
expecting #3 October 26, 2010
Old 05-18-2010, 07:44 AM

thats good to know i'm not the only one blue butterfly ~ i wonder if we have boys in there? i'm really keen to find out now.
Old 05-18-2010, 01:46 PM - Thread Starter

I made an appt at the same u/s place for tomorrow at 1pm

User Tag List