SPOTLIGHT ON: chainedangel! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 05-20-2010, 11:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I MADE IT I MADE IT I MADE IT!!!!

* EDD: Oct 17th
* Name: Chained or Amanda. Either is fine.
* How long it took to you to get your BFP: 3 or 4 months
* What number child is this for you: 5... Am I insane???
* Family: DH(31), DS(12), DS(10), DS(8), DD(4), Cat(1), Guinea Pig(1), Guinea Pig(2), Turtle(9)
* Baby's Sex: No clue... which is odd.... except that I have a slight inkling of twins, ds12 thinks it's twins, dd4 says there are two babies in my belly, and a few of my friends have mentioned twins.
* Names you like: Girl will be Aurora Jeanne. Boy I want to be Galen Michael. DH isn't so sure about Galen just yet. Maybe it'll be twin boys and he can have his Payton and I'll have my Galen. LOL
* Birth Plans/Preferences: Hoping for my first
* Blog, website or the like:
* Anything else you'd like to share: I got my BFP as an amazing early birthday gift!!!! And this lil bean is due in a very special month. DH and I started dating in Oct '07, got married in Oct '08, started trying for a baby in Oct '09 and will have this one (or 2?) in Oct '10

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 05-20-2010, 11:52 AM - Thread Starter

What's your favorite way to "survive" the crazy Maine winters?

When you were little, what did you want to be when you "grew up?"

Besides "mother" and "wife" what other word describe/define you?

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

#3 of 10 Old 05-20-2010, 12:09 PM

Are you having twins?

daughter #1 10/13/07
daughter #2 10/08/10
#4 of 10 Old 05-20-2010, 12:59 PM

Wow! Me already??? Ok, I'm up for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndzies View Post
What's your favorite way to "survive" the crazy Maine winters?
Most people around here go snowmobiling and such. Not me! Heck no... I stay inside as much as possible. But this ends up being counter-productive as I tend to get depressed if I don't get enough sun. Blah. Someday I'd like to have a winter home in a place with no snow. Probably won't happen tho as most of my family is up here. Ah well.

Quote:
When you were little, what did you want to be when you "grew up?"
I wanted to be a ballerina or a veterinarian. Neither one worked out as I have Cerebral Palsy and can't balance enough for ballet. As far as becoming a veterinarian- that went out the window as soon as I realized that I would not be able to save every animal from death. I'm still not sure what I want to be when I grow up. LOL Hope to figure that out someday before I have grandchildren.

Quote:
Besides "mother" and "wife" what other word describe/define you?
I tend to call myself a CEO in charge of Domestic Affairs. Read that online years ago and fell in love w/ the job title. Tho if you asked my friends & family they'd just say, "Weird". But that's to be expected when you're the only one you know who uses cloth diapers, co-sleeps, breastfeeds w/ child led weaning, cooks from scratch and uses VEGETABLES *gasp*, home-schools and yeah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rparker View Post
Are you having twins?
As of yesterdays ultrasound there is only one in there. But I have friends who have twins and they swear the "other one" is hiding. LOL

Amanda : mom to : ds's 14, 12, 9, 1 & dd6

#5 of 10 Old 05-20-2010, 01:10 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Your birth plan says "hoping for my first" first what? Looks like the sentence got cut off!

What do you do for fun as a family? Any hobbies?
#6 of 10 Old 05-20-2010, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBomb View Post
Your birth plan says "hoping for my first" first what? Looks like the sentence got cut off!
Hoping for my first UC. Totally tired of the "hospital rush". But that's me.

Quote:
What do you do for fun as a family? Any hobbies?
My house is a house of geeks. There is lots of RPG with the guys. But seeing as that's not my thing I can't really call it something we do as a family. So umm... lately we really haven't done much as a family other than visiting family. We're trying to get schedules worked out so that we have more time with all of us able to do something. *sigh* I need to gather ideas.

#7 of 10 Old 05-20-2010, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Most people around here go snowmobiling and such. Not me! Heck no... I stay inside as much as possible. But this ends up being counter-productive as I tend to get depressed if I don't get enough sun. Blah.
So far I've spent 2 winters in a far north snowbound location... i.e. we can get 300 inches in a single winter and the thermostat can hover on either side of 0F for weeks. I'm also not into the snowmobiling scene... or even the cross-country downhill skiing that so many of my friends like. What's been a lifesaver is owning a blue light box. Totally not natural, but it helps to cope with the 8 hour days!

daughter #1 10/13/07
daughter #2 10/08/10
#8 of 10 Old 05-20-2010, 07:27 PM

i've been meaning to get a light box. might see about getting one the next time we have extra money. Hopefully before winter comes back! LOL

#9 of 10 Old 05-20-2010, 07:48 PM

Are your older childrean excited about the new baby?
Did they guess the sex right?
Did they have input in the name? (great name BTW!)
How did you and your DH meet?

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

#10 of 10 Old 05-21-2010, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monarchgrrl View Post
Are your older children excited about the new baby?
ds13 has been wanting dh & I to have a baby since before we got married! LOL dd4 wanted 4 human babies for Christmas, so she's a tad disappointed that there is not 4. ds11 and ds8 are kind of aloof. They live w/ their father so that is to be expected to some degree.

Quote:
Did they guess the sex right?
ds13 swore there was one of each (twins) and dd4 swore there was 2 of each. ACK!

Quote:
Did they have input in the name? (great name BTW!)
If ds13 had had any say the baby would either be named Legolas or Anakin. DD4 would have taken a cue from Hollywood and named the baby Coca-Si or Watermelon. So... ummm.... no. LOL

Quote:
How did you and your DH meet?
I'm going to tell you not just how we met, but also how we started dating. LMAO! This is a weird story. And kind of confusing. So bear with me.

About 3yrs ago I was checking mt MySpace and noticed a message from a guy that I didn't know. He had apparently seen me taking dd to the grocery store in her wagon and wanted to introduce himself but didn't want to impose. Was totally NOT a creepy message. (this man is not my now hubby)

I kind of dismissed it until I happened to be walking through the mall w/ my bff and spotted him as we were walking. I looked at my bff and said, "That's the MySpace Guy!" I ran back to him and thanked him for the message and chatted for a bit. Told him to catch up w/ me online and left.

We talked online, hung out at the coffee shop and talked about the possibility of dating. (never happened)

One night at the coffee shop we decided to double date with a friend of mine and his friend (who happened to work at the coffee shop and quickly became a friend of mine). We had set up the date and time and everything.

The night before the planned double date my friend had to cancel. No big deal, tho. We'd still all go out and have fun. Then on the night, my now hubby picked me up. We started heading out and I asked if we were going to meet our friend or pick him up on the way. Then he tells me that it's just going to be us.

So there I am thinking, "Is this a date? What's going on? Huh?" So we get to the bar (it's a small town and movies are too expensive imho.) and sit down and start chatting it up. It finally comes out that MySpace friend has given coffee shop guy the "green light" (their words- not mine) and he asks what I think. Well, heck yeah! I'd been interested in him the whole time I knew him but didn't register it in my brain. LOL

And the rest- as they say- is history.

Now that I've bored or confused you to no end- next question! LOL! This is fun!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page