Weekly Chat May 23-29 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 55 Old 05-26-2010, 05:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
All the best for tomorrow mistymama! I'll look forward to your update

I keep changing my mind about getting a 20 week u/s. I want to know the sex now, but I want to be surprised at birth too By the time I make up my mind October will probably be here already

Mama to DD Feb '08 (9lbs), DS Oct '10 (10lbs) hbac.gif, DD Jan '13 hbac.gif

#32 of 55 Old 05-26-2010, 07:12 PM

20 weeks today also and jumping back on in to this DDC after a couple of months of lurking

Things are just getting started at my house.....I am planning on starting a home preschool when the babe is born, and realizing that there is only 5 months left to renovate the space is daunting!!

DS (3.5) is so very excited about the new babe....which makes me giddy. When someone asks him he gets a huge smile on his face. He has already offered to share his room and give the babe a bath!! He is positive it is a girl and only says she and her (even though we dont know!) Don't know why I didn't expect this...but it is certainly nice!!

WOH Mom (for now)to DS (aka:Kiddo) and Little Bean (10/12/2010), Married to DH for ~7 years,
#33 of 55 Old 05-26-2010, 07:59 PM

I will be 20wks on Sunday. Today is the first day I felt the baby move from the outside. Not only that, but when I poked the baby poked back. This is my third, but my first was a front placenta so rarely felt him, and my second was a scaredy-cat and always jumped and swam away when I poked. Also, I was 50 lbs heavier. I am still very overweight, but the reduced fluff seems to be helping with feeling.

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
#34 of 55 Old 05-26-2010, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliviab View Post

DS (3.5) is so very excited about the new babe....(cut) He is positive it is a girl and only says she and her (even though we dont know!) Don't know why I didn't expect this...but it is certainly nice!!
Your DS sounds just like me! My mom was pregnant with my little sister when I was 3.5 and I also *knew* she was a girl. Everyone kept telling me that she could be a boy, but I knew that they were wrong. I remember the absolute certainty that I had, never a single doubt in my mind, and how silly I thought everyone was for telling me that she could be a boy. I have been telling DH all this pregnancy that we just need a 3 year old to come and commune with my belly so we know if we're having a boy or girl.

Me love.gif, DH guitar.gif, and DD baby.gif9/27/10!
#35 of 55 Old 05-26-2010, 09:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm 20 weeks today, too Dd3 is all about the baby, she keeps peering at my belly button trying to see him

Good luck at the u/s tomorrow mistymama!
#36 of 55 Old 05-27-2010, 12:07 AM

Kids can be sooo cute! DD tells me that she has a baby stuck in her belly, and she tries to puuuuusssssh it out. We've been watching birth vids in preparation. The other day I asked how the baby was going to come out and she said "better call Fireman Sam!" (it's a cartoon here)

She loves to kiss and cuddle the baby too. She just loves babies!

#37 of 55 Old 05-27-2010, 09:39 AM - Thread Starter

They're so funny! It's such a joy to watch them processing a new sibling.
#38 of 55 Old 05-27-2010, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammo2Sammo View Post
LemonJuice - are you leaving this area? or will you still be around. I now live in metronorthwest Boston and we are really enjoying it.

Oops just reread your response from earlier. I've always been interested in CO.
We have family in that area! Well, all of dp's family is out this way. We lived here for 2 years and now we are off to another adventure! It was nice to be near famiy for some time, but a bit frustrating as well. We *might* end up out here again, if so, we'd go to Maine for sure. Our hope is to save enough, buy some land, do the sustainable thing..hopefully sell some to friends and make a nice little intentional community. That'd be nice! Just not sure where at this point. We also really love the PacNW and miss our friends there and life there very much. It's just SO expensive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PieKat View Post
Thanks!
It's small town, rural Kansas. I think I've pretty much decided it's a no go at this point. I can't find daycare for Madi there, no job potential for DH and it's 1.5 hours away from where he works right now which is not practical for daddy-bonding with a new babe. I shared this with my potential-boss today and she asked if she could help find daycare for us. They REALLY need speech pathologists there. It's unfortunate because I feel I could do really good things there, but the logistics are rotten.

Where are you moving??
What a bummer!! Yeah, that's some commute! Actually, we are moving to a mountain town in Colorado that has been taken over by tourist and the ski industry. Most locals can't afford to live there now and have to commute from the next town over, which is a 1.5 hour commute, not including the commute in winter that is extreme! Dp is there now (actually he's on his way home, he's been gone for weeks!!) and on that same drive to the airport they almost hit 1 elk, 2 deer, and a few skunk.

How far is the job from where you are now?? If you move to Kansas, we'll be in the same 'tribe'!
#39 of 55 Old 05-27-2010, 11:33 AM

It takes DH 1.5 hrs to get to work. Hard to believe because it is so close, but he takes public transportation and there is city traffic. We would love to figure out a way to get us closer, but it hasn't happened yet.

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
#40 of 55 Old 05-27-2010, 11:36 AM

I'm 18 weeks, I have my US next friday and am getting very anxious/excited. Its always nice to make sure everything is OK and I can't wait to figure out if this one is a boy or girl.

I'm making a quilt for baby, I did the same for DD and it only took me a week start to finish. This time its taking me MUCH longer (I wonder why? Having a 2 year old wouldn't have anything to do with that would it. )

We've had unseasonable HOT weather recently, I DO NOT do well in the heat, let alone pregnant in the heat. How is everyone else doing as things start to heat up outside?

SAHM to Codi 1/12/08, James 11/3/10 and Connor 4/10/13 with our own personal Superhero DH/daddy

#41 of 55 Old 05-27-2010, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kallyn View Post
Your DS sounds just like me! My mom was pregnant with my little sister when I was 3.5 and I also *knew* she was a girl. Everyone kept telling me that she could be a boy, but I knew that they were wrong. I remember the absolute certainty that I had, never a single doubt in my mind, and how silly I thought everyone was for telling me that she could be a boy.
Awesome! I secretly hope he is right

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBomb View Post
I'm 20 weeks today, too Dd3 is all about the baby, she keeps peering at my belly button trying to see him

Good luck at the u/s tomorrow mistymama!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melly24 View Post
Kids can be sooo cute! DD tells me that she has a baby stuck in her belly, and she tries to puuuuusssssh it out. We've been watching birth vids in preparation. The other day I asked how the baby was going to come out and she said "better call Fireman Sam!" (it's a cartoon here)
I know that some kids have a hard time when the new baby actually gets here.....I am hoping this positivity helps him out when it gets difficult

WOH Mom (for now)to DS (aka:Kiddo) and Little Bean (10/12/2010), Married to DH for ~7 years,
#42 of 55 Old 05-27-2010, 01:24 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley_R View Post

We've had unseasonable HOT weather recently, I DO NOT do well in the heat, let alone pregnant in the heat. How is everyone else doing as things start to heat up outside?
Uggh, here, too! It's not so bad today but a few days ago it was horrible. 95 degrees and the humidity was suffocating. Thankfully we have a/c.
#43 of 55 Old 05-27-2010, 06:22 PM

Hi everyone!! I'm back from our u/s and .....

IT'S A BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I was totally wrong, I really thought this was a little girl. But there is no mistaking it, we've got a great shot of his crotch .. he's all boy.

The u/s was just amazing .. we had a wonderful tech who took her time and showed us so much. Then at the very end she switched it to 4d and we have the sweetest video of him rubbing his eyes!! I started crying on the table and they had to get me tissues. Ds is of course thrilled as he was really wanting a little brother.

Time to start shopping for boyish cloth diapers!!!!

Candacepeace.gif, Married to dh   guitar.gif, Mom to ds (8) biggrinbounce.gif , Gavin candle.gif (9/30/10 - 12/19/10) and cautiously expecting our rainbow1284.gif 4-29-12

#44 of 55 Old 05-27-2010, 07:11 PM

Brothers!!! Awesome

#45 of 55 Old 05-27-2010, 09:21 PM

I am doing pretty well-- 18.5 weeks and I saw the midwife again today. Heartbeat sounded good and we had a nice visit. I am really feeling good about my choice of providers, I love seeing the same midwife for every visit and I love Deb's style-- she is warm without being really touchy-feely, which I like. We have the sonogram next week but won't be finding out gender.
Babe is kicking harder and that is so much fun. I bet that soon my big kids will be able to feel him/her.

Anne-Marie
expecting #3 October 26, 2010
#46 of 55 Old 05-27-2010, 09:43 PM - Thread Starter

Congratulations mistymama! Didn't chely have a u/s scheduled for today, too?
#47 of 55 Old 05-27-2010, 10:32 PM

I'm a bit late and haven't read the whole thread, but jumping in anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaMo View Post
Hey all! I'm 18w1d. Feeling pumpkin move a bit more, but nothing steady.

I'm starting to feel anxious/nervous/worried that I haven't had a mw appointment since week 13. I currently visiting family since DH is deployed and won't be back to our home until I'm week 23. It just seem so long to go without an appointment. Hopefully, I'm just being anxious and at least I have my 20 wk ultrasound to look forward to.
If it makes you feel any better, I'm 20 weeks and haven't had a single prenatal appointment, yet. I did stop in to chat with my mw (also a friend) for a few minutes and drop off a few things and pick up our contract, and we took a sneak listen with the doppler for a few minutes. So, I got to hear baby's heartbeat. I was getting a little worried because I haven't felt much movement... just every once in awhile. But, the heartbeat was fine. Baby just has lots of room to move around (as this is my 4th pg and uterus gets stretchy!). I have my first official mw appoinment next week.

Now that the huge event I was planning is OVER, I might actually have some time to start knitting for baby. I have some wool I'm planning to use for longies. I also picked up some wool soakers in nb/s made by a friend for a really reasonable price, so I feel like I've done SOME thinking about this new baby.

I still have really long lists of potential baby names, and dh is no help at all as he is not ready to think about it... and says he just prefers to have veto power. I mean, I like not getting into big name battles with him... but a little more input than "that's not bad, we can go with that" would be nice. I'd like to think he actually LIKES our kids names, and not just tolerates them.

Melissa crochetsmilie.gif, wife to Tom geek.gif, mom to The Baron modifiedartist.gif, the Bean superhero.gif, Little Bear diaper.gif, and Baby Beaver babyboy.gif
#48 of 55 Old 05-27-2010, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammo2Sammo View Post
Hello Everyone!
This time, we are changing it up a bit. I strongly believe that this baby was the baby we lost in our first pregnancy, and she has come back to us now. I believe that she decided that she wanted big brothers. So, with the help of Intuitive Jamie, we picked the name Selah Jane (pronounced say - lah). It is a Hebrew music term meaning to pause or wait. I believe that she has waited 8 years for us, for the right time.
I think that's beautiful. I wasn't sure about the name until I read the pronunciation and said it out loud, but I really like it. Not that you need my approval, of course!

Melissa crochetsmilie.gif, wife to Tom geek.gif, mom to The Baron modifiedartist.gif, the Bean superhero.gif, Little Bear diaper.gif, and Baby Beaver babyboy.gif
#49 of 55 Old 05-27-2010, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley_R View Post
Ack! I'm also in MI and not doing well in the heat at all... My feet have been swelling, and they've never done that before. And I've been very pregnant in summer 2 times before. I NEED to get some exercise, but it is TOO HOT. I'm so thankful we have air... and feel so guilty for turning it on already because of the expense/environmental factors.

#50 of 55 Old 05-28-2010, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
but a little more input than "that's not bad, we can go with that" would be nice. I'd like to think he actually LIKES our kids names, and not just tolerates them.
um, yeah, that's about my dh. except last time around he exercised all veto power b/c he had a name that he just wanted and that was it. we went with it, but this time around i definitely get to choose and he's got nothing for me...and i've asked like 5x already.

i too haven't seen anyone yet. been doing my own prenatals and will start seeing someone after our u/s which we're waiting on until 26 wks - much to my dh's chagrin. but really all he cares about is knowing gender, so really, that's a pretty silly reason to jump the gun, so he has to just wait. LOL

the heat would be getting to me (we're in SE MI too) except the office i work in is 60 degrees. really. so i can't wait to go outside for lunch and breaks so i can warm up!! it's making me sick though being so cold all day and then so hot after work/in the evenings. i think it's mellowing out at work though, they just kicked the air on monday and it usually takes one day to turn on, then we get 3-4 days of FREEZING and then it evens out to a tolerable what-AC-should-be temp.

alrighty, speaking of work, i should get back to it...

WOHM married to SAHD, living the dream w/our: 3 girls (14,12,10) and 3 boys (7,5,3) and tie-breaker due Jan 2014

#51 of 55 Old 05-28-2010, 03:49 PM

Okay....I just had to share ~

I get to see my DH this weekend. It will only be for about 48 hours, but we haven't seen him in a month. Can't wait to spend some time with him.

Wife, mom to DS (4), DD (2) and baby heart 2.7.13

#52 of 55 Old 05-28-2010, 04:31 PM - Thread Starter

That's great, BaMo! Have fun

Stupid babyzone keeps sending my infant updates instead of pregnancy ones! The header says "your pregnancy week 21" but the content is for already born babies .
#53 of 55 Old 05-28-2010, 09:57 PM

Have a great time with your DH BaMo.

#54 of 55 Old 05-29-2010, 07:41 AM

Have fun with yoru dh BaMo!!

We are headed off to a nearby lake with friends today - can't wait to spend the day floating on the water with friends. There is even this really cool island that we canoe to .. people have turned it into a "pirate island" for the kids - complete with palm trees, sandy beach, treasure chest (leave a toy & you can take one) and a big pirate flag. Ds just loves the island and it's going to be a fun day. Now if only the thunder and threat of storms would pass us by.... !!!

Candacepeace.gif, Married to dh   guitar.gif, Mom to ds (8) biggrinbounce.gif , Gavin candle.gif (9/30/10 - 12/19/10) and cautiously expecting our rainbow1284.gif 4-29-12

#55 of 55 Old 05-29-2010, 09:38 AM - Thread Starter

We're heading out to Ohio for a couple days (with my mom, dh is staying here to clean the garage out) for a family get together. We're going down today and coming back tomorrow evening. Have a good weekend, everyone!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page