Mothering Forums

Mothering Forums (http://www.mothering.com/forum/)
-   October 2010 (http://www.mothering.com/forum/545-october-2010/)
-   -   Weekly Chat May 23-29 (http://www.mothering.com/forum/545-october-2010/1227114-weekly-chat-may-23-29-a.html)

CherryBomb 05-23-2010 04:44 PM

How's everyone doing? I'm at the halfway point (19w4d) Baby is such a wiggle worm, he seems to move a lot more at this point than my girls did. I'm not complaining I think we settled on a name- Finnegan James Ronald H. My dh's father died when dh was 10 and we both wanted to honor him. Dh and his sister both have two middle names so that's not a big deal for us.

Melly24 05-23-2010 04:53 PM

Thanks for new thread CB! Hooray for being halfway! I love the name you have picked out. DD has two family middle names. She is Charlotte Gillian Annie K. I don't particularly like the names, or how it flows but it was important to have both names. She started out just having Gillian as a middle name but then DH's grandmother passed when I was pregnant so we added her in there too.

I'm 19 weeks today. This babe moves a tonne more than DD did too. I can SEE movement from the outside!!! It was going crazy last night and my whole tummy was jumping. Soooo cool At this point with DD I had only just begun to feel her movements from the inside. I feel very lucky

We have a couple of girls names we like, but we cant seem to agree on a boys name. DH kinda likes the name Jed. I like it too, but it feels to...short.

lotusma 05-23-2010 05:44 PM

gee, didn't we just do one of these?

21 weeks today, and so enjoying this little girl's presence. i actually look forward to bed time, or resting as i lay toddler boy down because i just lay there and watch her roll, and i poke and play w/ her and try to distinguish her little bitty body parts. so sweet.

and i'm obsessed w/ her 3D face picture! i've never had one done before (and at first i had to come to terms w/ feeing like i had cheated seeing her so clearly before her birth and like i had done something wrong, or "sacrificed" something?) but i'm just so amazed at how much of every one of us i see in her already. i'm seriously falling more in love w/ her each time i stare at it.

i think we have a name. Ailish Roan. (pronounced isle-ish rone) i wanted something gaelic and when i did some poking around on my family tree for inspiration, i was so excited to find just how irish i am (just 4 generations back!) and it just became *the* right name. the guys weren't so sure at first, but they're coming around.

been eating super good. lots of sundried tomato wraps filled w/ colorful veggies, sprouts, fresh basil leaves and hummus. so easy and hits the spot. i'm seriously living on these.

mcimom 05-23-2010 06:53 PM

I'm going on 22 weeks this week. I moved up our 3d/4d u/s to June 28 (26 wks) b/c of dh's anxiousness and probably right after 28 wksish I'll start "official" prenatal care with a "professional" - so that means I've got two more prenatals with myself in the meantime.

Definitely feeling movement regularly and have also been surprised at feeling/seeing it from the outside even a few times which I can't remember happening this early before.

Not much else to speak of. Wondering what this bean could be...boy or girl...hmmm...

Lemon Juice 05-23-2010 06:54 PM

Hey mamas!

I've been MIA on mdc b/c there has been so much going here!! I was part of my last ddc and it was so fun, I am ready to jump into this one and get to know you all!

So, I have been packing away b/c our family is moving across country..again! Dp has been out of town the entire month, pretty much, and taking care of our 5 kids alone and pregnant has been HARD! So hard.

It's almost over and we move in 8 days now! He's home in 4 days, thankfully! So stressed trying to pack and move alone, but i'm trying my hardest.

We are planning another homebirth and I just found out, via my new tribe, that the local MW is having a babe of her own and won't be working now! Apparently there is a MMW...male midwife.. that might be working for her. Not sure. Hopefully when we get there we'll figure out more.

I look forward to chatting more and learning about you all! Love the names you have picked out, CB and lotusma!

CherryBomb 05-23-2010 08:52 PM

Hi Lemon Juice! Welcome and congrats on the pregnancy! Good luck with the move, what a trip!!

Lotus, love the name! Melly, ikwym, one syllable seems to short! More than 3 seems too long, though.

mcimom,does your hcp know you'll be coming? I was just wondering if it will cause any issues for you. I hope it goes smoothly!

sunwillshine 05-24-2010 12:35 AM

Hiya mamas!

I'm 21 weeks tomorrow, and feeling great!

I love the names everyone has picked out; it looks like ours is either going to be Jamison Kate (called Maisie) or Sophie James. Feels good to have finally narrowed it down to only a couple after some name drama after thinking we for sure knew she was Sophie Ellen. Lol. Naming someone is a big deal, and a lot of pressure, I've decided!

Also, as I posted in another thread, I spent the weekend figuring out how to make cloth diaper covers. I'm super excited about making more!!

Anyone else been doing any crafting for the baby??

Melly24 05-24-2010 01:13 AM

Lyndzies - Good luck deciding! I love them both. Hopefully when she's born, one of the two will just jump right out at you

I wish I was crafty. I've been wanting to learn how to knit. I should really do it as I've wanted to for ages.

What can the name Jed be short for? I'm just not sold on such a short name.

macy 05-24-2010 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melly24 View Post

What can the name Jed be short for? I'm just not sold on such a short name.
maybe a j first named and edward as the middle?

chely7425 05-24-2010 09:07 AM

Jed could be short for Jedson? Jedidiah?

AFM, I was having kind of a crappy week but I got to spend yesterday planning our little mini-vaca to Sea World so that made me much happier. I can't wait for the 9th when we have another u/s so we can hopefully get a better look at this baby's bits!!

CherryBomb 05-24-2010 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndzies View Post

Anyone else been doing any crafting for the baby??
I'm going to pick up some sock yarn today and knit up a little hat. It's called faux faire isle, it's super easy and quick to knit. It's just knitted all around (so that it curls at the bottom) and then the top is finished with two i-cords that you tie together. It's adorable.

blue butterfly 05-24-2010 09:49 AM

21 weeks today!

Midwife appt tomorrow, nothing too exciting but i do love to hear that heartbeat and being able to just sit and chit chat with her

DH and I are leaving on thursday afternoon to visit out best friends (my best friend since i was 6 and his best friend since he was 10 married eachother) in Georgia. It's about a 10 hour drive. Our girls are staying here with grandma which they are super excited about but this mama is going to miss them SO much! We won't be back until tuesday night but we plan to Skype each evening which will be nice.

blue butterfly 05-24-2010 09:50 AM

Lyndzies, I wanted to say how awesome your diaper covers turned out!!!!

sunwillshine 05-24-2010 10:00 AM

Melly - What about a first name that starts with J and a middle name that starts with D? Toughie! How about Jared?

CherryBomb - Ooh, sound so cute! I wish I knew how to knit! Lol.

chely7425 - Sea World sounds fun, mama!

blue butterfly - Thanks! I had a great time making them and can't wait to make more! Have a great trip to Georgia (and be sure to get outta the car occasionally to stretch!

CherryBomb 05-24-2010 10:46 AM

Have fun on your trip bb!

Lyndzies, I wish I could sew, so we're even!

mistymama 05-24-2010 10:53 AM

Lyndzies - wow, those turned out really cute!! I just love itty bitty cloth diapers

I'm 19 weeks tomorrow and counting down the days until our u/s - it's Thursday and it can't get here soon enough!!!

Yesterday we got a killer hook up on a crib and changing table off craigslist ... I could tell it was nice, quality stuff, but once we went to pick it up I realized just how awesome of a deal we got. It's heirloom quality furniture and we got it dirt cheap. I'm actually getting excited about setting up the baby's room now - and I know he/she will mostly sleep with us, but it's still fun to make a space for the baby and all his/her stuff. I can also hope that things go as smoothly as they did with ds and the baby will at least nap in the crib.

Ds's last day of school is tomorrow - I'm so ready to do summer stuff with him - our last summer just me and him. He's so excited about the baby and yesterday in the car he said, "Mom, I feel like I've been waiting for this baby FOREVER" He's going to be a great big brother!

CherryBomb 05-24-2010 01:21 PM

Awesome deal on the changing table and crib mistymama!

I got my order from babylegs already! 4 pairs of babylegs and 4 pairs of socks, sooo cute! I was ooohing and aaahing over them and dh said "you're having a lot of fun shopping for a boy, aren't you?" Well, after 3 girls, a change is nice!

BaMo 05-24-2010 01:50 PM

Hey all! I'm 18w1d. Feeling pumpkin move a bit more, but nothing steady.

I'm starting to feel anxious/nervous/worried that I haven't had a mw appointment since week 13. I currently visiting family since DH is deployed and won't be back to our home until I'm week 23. It just seem so long to go without an appointment. Hopefully, I'm just being anxious and at least I have my 20 wk ultrasound to look forward to.

I want to get crafty for this baby. I've been wanting to learn how to knit or crochet.

Boxcar 05-24-2010 03:23 PM

I'm 21 weeks today! Right now my nesting urges are totally overwhelming, but we just sold our house and are looking for a new one (have to be out by the end of June! Scary!), so instead of setting up a space for the baby I have been planning elaborate sewing projects for him (quilts, receiving blankets, stuffed toys). I just ordered Anna Maria Horner's Handmade Beginnings book and I know that's only going to make things worse!

FireWithin 05-24-2010 04:33 PM

Hello Everyone!

We had our ultrasound today. Everything looks fine. Baby decided to keep legs closed so we don't know if it is a boy or a girl. I still think it is a girl, and I'm enjoying the mystery of it. We need to go back for a followup u/s because a couple of things were missed.

We've picked a girl name. Our two boy's names are very basic, white bread - Sam and Max.
This time, we are changing it up a bit. I strongly believe that this baby was the baby we lost in our first pregnancy, and she has come back to us now. I believe that she decided that she wanted big brothers. So, with the help of Intuitive Jamie, we picked the name Selah Jane (pronounced say - lah). It is a Hebrew music term meaning to pause or wait. I believe that she has waited 8 years for us, for the right time.

Watch we have a boy!

I don't think we are going to get a warm reception towards the name, because it is unusual, and we are not. I am leaning toward not telling anyone, but haven't decided.

Lemon Juice 05-24-2010 09:37 PM

Thanks, CB!!

I am 20 weeks today! Starting to really feel pregnant last week and I'm glad it's warm enough here to wear my long hippie skirts again...streeeeetchy!!

Mammo2sammo, we don't live far from one another! Dp is from Boston and all of his family is as well. We moved out here 2 years ago for dp's job and to be closer, in hopes we'd have them in our lives and have some help and create a strong family bond. Meh. Didn't go as we hoped! Should have learned my lesson the 1st time we tried living near them, we lived in NH for a short time 6 years ago.

We have 7 days left living in RI!! I will miss so many mamas, especially the ones I met on MDC! I'm worried our new place is just waaaaaay too rural and hope the year there is a good one. I HATE snow and yet I'm moving to a freakin' mountain. Go figure.

CherryBomb 05-25-2010 03:05 PM

What state are you moving to, Lemon Juice?

My appetite for healthy food is FINALLY coming back, thank God!

PieKat 05-25-2010 05:04 PM

hello! I feel like I've been MIA in here, I check in at least daily, but don't always have anything to say.

I'm 20 week, feeling pretty good. I still feeling in limbo about moving/work. I got a job offer but am having second thoughts about moving to the middle of nowhere.

BirthIsAwesome 05-25-2010 07:49 PM

19 weeks today, had my second prenatal on Saturday It went good and hubby was able to come because he was on leave for ten days!!! I just sent him off to Italy on Monday and I will be following him in a week or two, so lots of busyness and excitement about that. I will probably be MIA for awhile after I get there while I settle into a new house, start learning the language, and figure out how to do everything in a new country

kallyn 05-25-2010 09:04 PM

Today, for the first time in my life, milk came out of my boobs. Just one drop each, but since then I've found little crusties and they totally smell like milk. Woah dude. I think my world just changed.

Lemon Juice 05-25-2010 09:56 PM

We are moving to Colorado, small ski town in the Rocky Mountains. We'll be at near 9000 ft elevation! Only a year and hopefully Belize after that!

Kallyn, AWESOME!! I remember when that happend to me during my 1st pregnancy. What a great feeling Hasn't stopped as I've nursed during all 6 of my pregnancies.

Piekat, good luck! I will be moving to the middle of nowhere. Kinda scared, kinda excited...what part of the country would you be moving to?

BIA, good luck to you, too! Italy, wow, that sounds amazing! After dp's year in CO we can move anywhere the company has hotels, Italy is on the list. We've talked about it..not so sure we'd do it (we are hoping for central america for long term) but what a dream! I can't wait to hear all about it from you!

PieKat 05-26-2010 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Juice View Post

Piekat, good luck! I will be moving to the middle of nowhere. Kinda scared, kinda excited...what part of the country would you be moving to?
Thanks!
It's small town, rural Kansas. I think I've pretty much decided it's a no go at this point. I can't find daycare for Madi there, no job potential for DH and it's 1.5 hours away from where he works right now which is not practical for daddy-bonding with a new babe. I shared this with my potential-boss today and she asked if she could help find daycare for us. They REALLY need speech pathologists there. It's unfortunate because I feel I could do really good things there, but the logistics are rotten.

Where are you moving??

FireWithin 05-26-2010 12:47 PM

LemonJuice - are you leaving this area? or will you still be around. I now live in metronorthwest Boston and we are really enjoying it.

Oops just reread your response from earlier. I've always been interested in CO.

mcimom 05-26-2010 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBomb View Post
mcimom,does your hcp know you'll be coming? I was just wondering if it will cause any issues for you. I hope it goes smoothly!
i forgot to say, no. i'm going to try a new practice and if they won't accept me that far along, then i feel confident i can always go back to the doc who delivered my #5. last time i called him the day i was in labor and he took me, so i'm pretty sure he'd see me, even for the first time at 28 weeksish...

mistymama 05-26-2010 05:39 PM

Tomorrow is our big ultrasound!!!!! I'm crazy excited and we are going to have a room full of people ... me, dh, ds & both of my parents.

After the u/s ds and I are going to our local waterpark/amusement park to process our season passes and go for the first time. It's something special we do each summer and I think it will be a neat way to celebrate knowing if he's going to have a little brother or sister.

I honestly don't think I'm going to be able to sleep tonight. Our u/s is at 8am central .. and I wont be back to update until later on in the day tomorrow. I'm kinda thinking pink .. but who knows. I'm just so excited....