Sea World!!! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 05-23-2010, 10:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is totally off topic... but I figured I should come make a happy post My DH gets 2 weeks of leave starting the 28th to the 13th and the only plans we really had was going to the zoo once or twice (since that only costs us like 10 dollars). Well, I was talking to my mom tonight and she asked what our plans were and I told her we had wanted to go to Sea World (military gets free passes once a year) but we couldn't afford the gas and the hotel... so she offered to pay for gas!!! So, we get to go!! Just a quick trip, leave in the morning and drive there, go to the hotel pool and dinner then the next day go to Sea World and drive home that night but I am SO excited!!!

Rachel, proud Army wife to my superhero.gif and SAHM to my crazy boys jumpers.gif... Trevor 4/08, Trenton 6/09 and Travis 10/10
#2 of 11 Old 05-23-2010, 11:04 PM

o fun!
#3 of 11 Old 05-24-2010, 12:42 AM

I have been there many times since I'm from S.TX! I had my 8th bday there, I can remember it well! Have fun!! (I haven't been home and to Sea World in 4 years, I think I'm due for a trip!)
#4 of 11 Old 05-24-2010, 12:49 AM

Have a great time!! I'm assuming you are going to Sea World/San Antonio?
That park specifically is really pro-military and openly appreciative.

For example, Lackland AFB graduates a new class of Airmen every Friday. Sea World is swamped with newly minted airmen and their families every Friday afternoon and Saturday. Staff, from security to checkers, to maintainence will take the time to stop and shake the Airman's hand and congratulate them and thank them for their service.

Karen, homeschooling Catholic mom to 8. #9 due 6/10
#5 of 11 Old 05-24-2010, 05:52 AM

How fun!!! Your boys will love it!

Candacepeace.gif, Married to dh   guitar.gif, Mom to ds (8) biggrinbounce.gif , Gavin candle.gif (9/30/10 - 12/19/10) and cautiously expecting our rainbow1284.gif 4-29-12

#6 of 11 Old 05-24-2010, 09:05 AM - Thread Starter

Yeah, we are going to Sea World San Antonio My husband is stationed in Louisiana so it is like a 6 hour drive for us, plus it is something we wouldn't be able to afford if we had to pay for Sea World but since it is free we have been wanting to take the kids so badly!!! I don't think my younger one will totally get it (he is almost 1) but my 2 year old LOVES animals and everything so I think it will be a big hit. Plus, I got a good deal on a hotel that includes breakfast and I can pack a lot of food for the day we are driving and snacks so we can really afford to go

Rachel, proud Army wife to my superhero.gif and SAHM to my crazy boys jumpers.gif... Trevor 4/08, Trenton 6/09 and Travis 10/10
#7 of 11 Old 05-24-2010, 09:16 AM

Have fun!!
#8 of 11 Old 05-24-2010, 09:53 AM

You're going to have so much fun!! Aren't moms just the best

Wife to DH (9/02) Homeschooling Mama to DD1 (2/03) DD2 (11/06) DD3(9/10)

#9 of 11 Old 05-24-2010, 10:06 AM - Thread Starter

As much as my mom drives me insane she really does rock She also bought this baby a new infant seat AND my middle son a new carseat... I heart her!!

#10 of 11 Old 05-24-2010, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mediumcrunch View Post
Have a great time!! I'm assuming you are going to Sea World/San Antonio?
That park specifically is really pro-military and openly appreciative.

For example, Lackland AFB graduates a new class of Airmen every Friday. Sea World is swamped with newly minted airmen and their families every Friday afternoon and Saturday. Staff, from security to checkers, to maintainence will take the time to stop and shake the Airman's hand and congratulate them and thank them for their service.
A little OT, but my dad works at Lackland and all of my family is in SA and Austin! You must not live far from them, mediumcrunch! I plan on going back to visit TX in winter for sure since I'll be having cabin fever up on that mountain! I grew up about that far from SA, we might even know one another..somehow. I am having my 6th babe and we homeschool as well. Love this small world!
#11 of 11 Old 05-24-2010, 09:49 PM

*DDC crasher here*...lol But I couldn't resist!

That is so awesome. Just when you think things aren't going to happen someone pulls through for you to help you and your family have a good time! I love it! You guys will have so much fun.
We're planning on doing either Sea World or the Zoo (Ca) this year for my DD's 5th birthday. We ALWAYS take her to Disneyland and want to change it up a bit this year. Plus it's always warm on her day so we're thinking Sea world might be a good solution to 'beat the heat'. Not to mention how educational it will be for her.

~The Mrs.-A.K.A Mommy loveeyes.gif ~
Happily married to 1 kewl.gif (4/4/2004) & SAHM to 3-DS(3) jog.gif ,DD1(6) notes.gif,DD2(1)babyf.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page