Something really special for birth - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-05-2010, 09:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm not even sure what I'm asking for here but is anyone doing anything really special in preparation for birth, or during birth? I just have this feeling to do something really special this time.
This is my 3rd, and unwanted/unplanned/unexpected and until about a month ago, I still wasn't even really on board with having this baby! Then things changed- in an instant I fell in love with it. And I know it will be my last- which is fine with me!- and I feel like I really want to connect with this child in a special way before birth.

Any ideas??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 06-05-2010, 09:26 PM

I'm having a home waterbirth, which is completely opposite to my first birth experience.

I also envisage lots of candles during birth with gentle music playing. I also plan on taking a belly cast at some stage late in pregnancy

Mama to DD Feb '08 (9lbs), DS Oct '10 (10lbs) hbac.gif, DD Jan '13 hbac.gif

#3 of 3 Old 06-05-2010, 11:28 PM

I dont know if they count but Im getting monthly massages until Im 8mo and then Im going for weekly(because my insurance pays for them!! Yay!)

Ive also planted about a zillion sweet peas which will still (hopefully) be in bloom in early October, they were still in full bloom when I got married last year in mid-September.

And its not really for before the birth but I just got back from Montreal where I picked up some of my favorite bagels and have frozen them because the first thing I want to eat after I give birth is a toasted Montreal bagel with whipped cream cheese, fresh fruit salad and a giant glass of fresh squeezed oj!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page