Nausea back at 25 weeks? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 07-13-2010, 12:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I feel gross today. Nausea has returned with a vengeance . I've been sensitive to smells in the evening recently, but this morning I woke up with that old familiar feeling. I've been eating high protein snacks all morning, my go-to for the first 16 weeks or so.

Oddly, I felt a crazy undeniable letdown sensation in bed this morning (ds weaned almost 4 mos ago)... could there be a connection? Plus baby is bouncing around like mad, which is making me feel even more queasy.

Has anyone else experience this?
#2 of 6 Old 07-13-2010, 01:08 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Mine is back with a vengeance. Well, it never went away completely but has been much worse again the past two weeks. I vomit a lot every other evening or so and it really sucks. I'm pretty sure that it's the baby getting bigger and putting pressure on my gastro system - this is what my instinct tells me and also it seems to come and go fairly quickly with changes in baby's movement. For me though it's different from earlier pregnancy in that I don't have the smell and taste aversions and - TMI - the quantity I barf up is different. It used to be just gagging and small heaves 24/7, now its like a complete stomach EMPTY just once every 48 hours or so. Not sure which is worse...

Happy mumma to my boys Henny Tom (Nov 30, 2008), Arlo Odie (Oct 5, 2010), and baby SISTER! due mid-Dec 2014.
#3 of 6 Old 07-13-2010, 08:26 PM

count me in the nausea club too. sucks! I'm 28 weeks and it's now back every morning so that I don't want to eat but if I don't I feel incredibly weak. Can't win! I don't remember it coming back this early with DS and it was not at all this strong. Old wives tales point to a DD. Guess we'll know for sure in 3 months or so!

Married 16 yrs to DH, DS (3/06) x4 (11/04) (3/08) (3/09) (8/09)
DD born 9/24/2010 :
#4 of 6 Old 07-13-2010, 08:56 PM

Mine has been, off and on. I think the heat and maybe some reflux is contributing.

Anne-Marie
expecting #3 October 26, 2010
#5 of 6 Old 07-16-2010, 02:50 PM

I've also been dealing with nausea, too. My OB told me it was most likely heartburn presenting as nausea, and she recommended Pepsid AC. It does not always work...or maybe I just don't take it soon enough, but for the last few episodes, it does help. Ask your doc(s) if this might be the case for you.
#6 of 6 Old 07-19-2010, 04:50 AM

Yes!! Now I feel less crazy knowing i'm not the only one!!

I feel very icky from 8pm-12am (just like in the early weeks) and I get very hungry around midnight. So strange!

Super crunchy Mama to DS1, DS2, DD and wanting a bunch more!  We homeschool, bed share, homebirth and baby wear. We're attached, we only cloth diaper and we don't vax. There's a lot more to us than that, but it won't all fit. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page