Life is hard! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 07-21-2010, 01:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Why is it that being pregnant makes everything 10x more difficult? Like... eating and pooping and generally just being alive, not to mention actually doing things!

/rant

Nik! Mama to Evelynn Rose 08/19/08 and Autumn Lily 11/02/10
#2 of 14 Old 07-21-2010, 05:38 AM

LOL you havin' a moment mama?

some days i feel like that and others i feel like some sort of amazing goddess totally in love with my belly

peeing is fun atm. im at the point where i have to lean from side to side and back n forwards to move her head enough to empty lol. and i'm irritated at my brain not registering that im pregnant so i carry on doing all the things i need to do and getting annoyed when i start sweating profusely and getting dizzy, seriously - i'm like WHY am i feeling so weird?! then DH points to the belly, rolls his eyes and orders me down off the ladder/put down the lawnmower/paintbrush etc hehe

heartbeat.gifmy DH DS (5) angel1.gifx2... rainbow1284.gif DD 8th oct!! 9lb 5oz  Madison Akina-Mae - i wear her, feed her, co-sleep and hold her just about every minute of the day DS is my little scientist and the most loving person i ever did meet.  I'm lucky and I know it
#3 of 14 Old 07-21-2010, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holothuroidea View Post
Why is it that being pregnant makes everything 10x more difficult? Like... eating and pooping and generally just being alive, not to mention actually doing things!

/rant
no kidding. i had an errand to run last night w/ dh and i couldn't do it because i had eaten. that's it, just dinner--one small, skinny little homemade veggie wrap, and i couldn't friggin' function the rest of the night. you'd think being expected to do anything other than lie there w/ my belly flopped to the side (to avoid suffocation) would be the equivelent to being asked to scale a mountain.

(and women still exercise thru all this?! *knee-slapping-laugh!*)
#4 of 14 Old 07-21-2010, 01:02 PM

I hear ya'.

We have a two story house. Whenever I am upstairs I need something downstairs. When I'm downstairs, I need something from upstairs. I'm tired of going up and down stairs. This morning I just sat on the landing and did nothing.
#5 of 14 Old 07-21-2010, 02:24 PM

I can relate. My stairs are becoming a burden too. This morning I had childcare for DS, so what did I do with my productive time? I went back to bed and slept for an extra two hours. Made up for some of the sleep I lost last night, tossing and turning. DS is cosleeping and was up in the night too. I feel like a furnace these days.
#6 of 14 Old 07-21-2010, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corban's mum View Post
LOL you havin' a moment mama?

some days i feel like that and others i feel like some sort of amazing goddess totally in love with my belly

peeing is fun atm. im at the point where i have to lean from side to side and back n forwards to move her head enough to empty lol. and i'm irritated at my brain not registering that im pregnant so i carry on doing all the things i need to do and getting annoyed when i start sweating profusely and getting dizzy, seriously - i'm like WHY am i feeling so weird?! then DH points to the belly, rolls his eyes and orders me down off the ladder/put down the lawnmower/paintbrush etc hehe
Oh my god! Yes! All of the above!

I did 6 hours of yardwork the other day under a Dirty South 100 degree heat index. I stopped to eat some broccoli/cheese nuggets for lunch and then returned to the yard. By the afternoon, I was feeling so...ahem...shitty, and my DH was like, "Duh! You're only growing a human inside you." Jeez.. I guess I am lucky that some days I don't feel pregnant at all, but other times--usually when I am rolling out of bed for the 17th time to pee at 3:00 am--I feel like I couldn't be anymore uncomfortable unless someone put me in a straightjacket and threw me in a tank filled with sharks. Haha, and I'm with you on the pee lean.

I'm a professor and a domestic goddess married to my ideal mate. We are living in bliss with our new baby girl, Rowan Graham, born October 8, 2010.
#7 of 14 Old 07-22-2010, 04:32 PM

I actually feel great. I mean, yeah, I sweat and I hate wearing clothes, but today I was at the dog park with my dogs for an hour, though we only walked about a mile and I sat down while they played and waded.

Yesterday, I rode my bike to yoga, did a bunch of other stuff, and crashed pretty hard, I was zonked this morning.

So it's not that I can't do things, it's just that I can do fewer things, and I pay a higher price when I'm done in terms of recovering!

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
#8 of 14 Old 07-22-2010, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotusma View Post

I could totally handle regular exercise right now if I could avoid all childcare and related housework. An hour on the elliptical or some light upper body strength training would be a welcome break from trying to drag a kicking, squirming, 30 lb. two year old up a flight of stairs.

daughter #1 10/13/07
daughter #2 10/08/10
#9 of 14 Old 07-22-2010, 06:29 PM

DD has just discovered that the kiddie slide at the pool is awesome. So awesome that she wants to sit at the bottom for 15 minutes after sliding. So I have to pick her up and move her before someone else comes down and kicks her in the head. We did that for 20 minutes today. That's 30 slides. I'm dying right now.

obstruct livery vehicles

#10 of 14 Old 07-22-2010, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rparker View Post
I could totally handle regular exercise right now if I could avoid all childcare and related housework. An hour on the elliptical or some light upper body strength training would be a welcome break from trying to drag a kicking, squirming, 30 lb. two year old up a flight of stairs.
Yes! Exactly!
#11 of 14 Old 07-22-2010, 11:46 PM

Okay this may be way TMI, but I'm having trouble wiping after a pee ...and I'm afraid that will get worse over the next 11 weeks...what'll I do?!

Other annoying things...some maternity bottoms are getting tight, despite my very moderate weight gain. I'm not thrilled about having to possibly buy more at this stage.

Constipation. Heart burn.

But plenty of good things too. Love the growing belly, the kicks and nudges, and the anticipation of the wonderful little bundle of joy that comes at the end.
#12 of 14 Old 07-23-2010, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotusma View Post
no kidding. i had an errand to run last night w/ dh and i couldn't do it because i had eaten. that's it, just dinner--one small, skinny little homemade veggie wrap, and i couldn't friggin' function the rest of the night. you'd think being expected to do anything other than lie there w/ my belly flopped to the side (to avoid suffocation) would be the equivelent to being asked to scale a mountain.

DDCC from Sept

Good gosh I'm so there! And if I hear my mother remind me that she mowed the grass until the day I was born one.more.time. Really? We live in the south and I was born in Sept. Mmmhhmmm, I believe that one.

Glad to know I'm not the only one who has to beach myself with the belly to the side to avoid suffocating!

Kelly, wife to J and mama to our precious A, HE'S 5! and the parasite will emerge on or before Sept 24, 2010!
#13 of 14 Old 07-23-2010, 07:09 AM

I'm still exercising regularly...at the gym in air conditioning!

But doing anything outside in this heat is miserable. We went to the pool yesterday (the POOL!) and I was miserable. The little kid pool was like bathwater. Made me want to throw up!! And DS wanted to "be shark" in there. Ugh.

Compared to my first pregnancy, I am sooooooo comfortable and feeling sooooooo good. But the heat. OMG the heat. UGH! My son was born at the end of March, so it was a winter third trimester. I did things like stand out in the snow in my nightgown and enjoy the crisp air.

I'm definitely having to focus on emptying my bladder these days, but I keep remembering that it actually became difficult to poop when my son engaged. I called it hula-pooping... He was engaged for over a month. Good times...

B, happily married to M. Mother to two boys: B (3/08) and A (9/10)
#14 of 14 Old 07-23-2010, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILovePie View Post
I'm still exercising regularly...at the gym in air conditioning!

But doing anything outside in this heat is miserable. We went to the pool yesterday (the POOL!) and I was miserable. The little kid pool was like bathwater. Made me want to throw up!! And DS wanted to "be shark" in there. Ugh.

Compared to my first pregnancy, I am sooooooo comfortable and feeling sooooooo good. But the heat. OMG the heat. UGH! My son was born at the end of March, so it was a winter third trimester. I did things like stand out in the snow in my nightgown and enjoy the crisp air.

I'm definitely having to focus on emptying my bladder these days, but I keep remembering that it actually became difficult to poop when my son engaged. I called it hula-pooping... He was engaged for over a month. Good times...
haha hula-pooping this little girly is already engaged (+1/+2) and yeah, it's an event worth a marching band celebration when i manage to go hahaah tmi? :P

as for exercise - yeah i still ride my push bike occasionally, paint walls, mow grass and try to walk for at least an hour every day - but MAN i pay for it afterwards. seriously - each time i do something i have to then go sit on the sofa with my feet propped up higher than my hips, point a fan at myself and drink a litre/litre and a half of water until the swelling my my legs and hands goes down (normally after 3 to 4 pee's - like im literally peeing out the swelling)

and yet even I can't handle the stairs. I HATE THE STAIRS, goodness me im actually getting a bit flustered thinking about the stairs I HATE THEM THAT MUCH!!! argh and my only toilet is upstairs, man peeing sucks. oh - and i aslo reallllllllllllly hate bending over. if i have to get something off the floor i make a strained "OOOF" sound and it feels like my ribs are gonna be forced apart and like i've got a size 11 workboot in my doodah (where her head is engaged) lol then when i stand up i alllllways have a braxton hick, like my uterus is showing it's discontent lmao

heartbeat.gifmy DH DS (5) angel1.gifx2... rainbow1284.gif DD 8th oct!! 9lb 5oz  Madison Akina-Mae - i wear her, feed her, co-sleep and hold her just about every minute of the day DS is my little scientist and the most loving person i ever did meet.  I'm lucky and I know it

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page