over analyzing freak - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 07-25-2010, 12:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yep I am one. I over analyze everything i do, say, or come across. So of course I'm over analyzing my blood sugar readings (knowledge is not power people). I have another 1 hour test on aug 7th. For a while I was sure I was developing GD again, but now I'm not sure. I've had a few spikes (most all after dinners) or boardline readings (maybe a point or two over). During the day I'm generaly perfect if I'm not a moron about food choices (yep that bread pork tenderloin was screaming for me I swear!!).
I eat maple brown sugar oatmeal with milk every morning, and if you know anything about gd cereals of any kind, even oatmeal, should make you go through the roof in the morning, yet i'm at 95-85 at 2 hrs. But I eat pasta with little to no protein and I'm at 150 at 2 hrs.
So i'm wondering now.....every pregnant woman has insulin resistance to some extent. Is it that I'm just normal and not GD but because I have the means to check my blood sugar I can see what is probably happening to most pregnant woman that over indulge in carbs?? I've tried searching online but I can't find anything to answer this. I would assume everyone spikes sometime during pregnancy if they eat a whole bread basket at dinner followed by a big bowel of pasta. Or any high carb meal for that matter.
With DS i was consistantly high no matter what i ate. Every week my numbers got worse eating the same things that were fine a week before (makes sense, placenta hormones increase every week making insulin less effective, diabetic counselor agreed with this). this time I'm ok unless I give in to my bad cravings (I will miss tenderloins). Any thoughts on this??? I kinda want to throw my meter out of the window but in case i fail the 1 and then the 3 hr test I will need it. It is causing more questions then giving answers. (if i was high all the time I would opt out of testing as there would be no point)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page