Anyone else have an EXTREMELY active baby? :( - Mothering Forums
October 2010 > Anyone else have an EXTREMELY active baby? :(
ComaWhite's Avatar ComaWhite 02:04 AM 07-31-2010
This little one NEVER stops moving and kicking and flipping, it is keeping me awake all night and only has a few brief 10-15 minute breaks throughout the day.
I am nauseous from the constant movement and so tired from my belly being a war zone all frikken night.

We have nicknamed it Jackie Chan 2.

.........I just need some sympathy.

FtMPapa's Avatar FtMPapa 02:20 AM 07-31-2010
Mine isn't overactive, but she makes up for lethargy with impact.

The kid seriously kicked me off my chair yesterday, two nicely placed kicks to the cervix found me doubled up on the floor afraid of imminent labour.

The flipping or twitching or whatever that is at the bottom of my stomach totally makes me nauseous, just for a few minutes, multiple times per day. And she kicked something the other day that made me have instant poo explosion. That was unpleasant, too.

So you get my sympathy.

There's something seriously wrong with me because I love all the moving even when I don't.
Green_Ma_4's Avatar Green_Ma_4 10:23 AM 07-31-2010
We have a very active bean here as well. Her fav kicking spot this week is the little place between the ribs called the diaphragm..lol...she actully kicks the wind out of me...she loves to strech to full length with her feet/hands in my ribs and feet/hands pushing my cervix. Thats always fun. she moves about most of the night as well , but ususally sleeps between 7am till about 11am. then is up for most of the rest of the day.
JessieBird's Avatar JessieBird 10:48 AM 07-31-2010
Yes! I never thought I'd complain about such a thing but the last two weeks has been over the top. DS never moved like this! This little one is so strong - it feels like he's going to bust right out of my belly at any moment, he pushes outward with such force. Yesterday it felt like he was pushing on my spine with his feet and the front of my belly with his head, it was crazy! Friends at work actually commented during a meeting when they could see my belly rippling and writhing like crazy. And all the flips make me nauseous too, you definitely have my sympathy.
LEAW's Avatar LEAW 11:30 AM 07-31-2010
dd was very active and strong. she still is. extremely extremely active. she was also very very high needs and always awake as an infant.

ds was a "good little fetus" and slept all day and night. he did the same as a baby, taking 3 hr naps all day from the beginning. he's still fairly shy/mellow/low key about a lot of things, and very intense about some things (which he did as fetus too, he flipped breech in a big display at 35 wks)
outlier's Avatar outlier 12:35 PM 07-31-2010
I feel like I have a cat writhing around in there much of the time. I can't complain too much because s/he's actually pretty gentle--not much kicking, more like s/he's just trying very hard to get comfortable. I could sure do without the punches to the cervix!
Melly24's Avatar Melly24 07:06 PM 07-31-2010
I always though that DD was active in the womb, but not compared to this one! He actually seems to sleep most of the night until I get up to pee, but most of the day he is very active. I got some great big movements on videop the other day which was very cool. My top stomach muscles can get quite sore by the end of the day from his little feet and knees.

But I love it
hotharmony's Avatar hotharmony 07:27 PM 07-31-2010
I agree this little one moves all the time and I'm not enjoying it nearly as much as I did with my DS. I wish he would just take a nap sometimes and it's making me worried that I'm going to have another high needs baby or an even more high needs baby than last time! It makes me tired already.
CherryBomb's Avatar CherryBomb 09:23 PM 07-31-2010
My guy likes to go in waves, he'll move non stop for a few days and then hardly move at all for the next few. I love it, though, I get really nervous when I don't feel him move much. Even if it does keep me awake sometimes
mamaesq's Avatar mamaesq 11:05 PM 07-31-2010
Yes! So much so that it actually gets uncomfortable!
Kelly1101's Avatar Kelly1101 11:26 PM 07-31-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComaWhite View Post
This little one NEVER stops moving and kicking and flipping, it is keeping me awake all night and only has a few brief 10-15 minute breaks throughout the day.
I am nauseous from the constant movement and so tired from my belly being a war zone all frikken night.

We have nicknamed it Jackie Chan 2.

.........I just need some sympathy.
DDCC... my first baby was like this. I felt like people thought I was exaggerating when I said "no, really, she is ALWAYS kicking."

After she was born I saw how much she moves and thrashes around in her sleep. Still at 15 months she hardly ever is completely still when she's sleeping.
APBTlover's Avatar APBTlover 12:53 AM 08-01-2010
Cherrybomb, my little one is a lot like yours. S/he will be all about the breakdancing and kickboxing and wiggling and squirming one day, then the next might be quiet and lazy, just kicking now and then and sometimes rolling around (I usually see this rather than feel it, actually). I'm also prone to getting concerned about this... but every time things have picked back up by the next morning, good and strong.
Up