Anyone else have an EXTREMELY active baby? :( - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 07-31-2010, 01:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This little one NEVER stops moving and kicking and flipping, it is keeping me awake all night and only has a few brief 10-15 minute breaks throughout the day.
I am nauseous from the constant movement and so tired from my belly being a war zone all frikken night.

We have nicknamed it Jackie Chan 2.

.........I just need some sympathy.
#2 of 12 Old 07-31-2010, 01:20 AM

Mine isn't overactive, but she makes up for lethargy with impact.

The kid seriously kicked me off my chair yesterday, two nicely placed kicks to the cervix found me doubled up on the floor afraid of imminent labour.

The flipping or twitching or whatever that is at the bottom of my stomach totally makes me nauseous, just for a few minutes, multiple times per day. And she kicked something the other day that made me have instant poo explosion. That was unpleasant, too.

So you get my sympathy.

There's something seriously wrong with me because I love all the moving even when I don't.

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
#3 of 12 Old 07-31-2010, 09:23 AM

We have a very active bean here as well. Her fav kicking spot this week is the little place between the ribs called the diaphragm..lol...she actully kicks the wind out of me...she loves to strech to full length with her feet/hands in my ribs and feet/hands pushing my cervix. Thats always fun. she moves about most of the night as well , but ususally sleeps between 7am till about 11am. then is up for most of the rest of the day.

Unschooling Crunchy Mama of 5 babies. Welcome Emily-Rose born September 7th 2010!
#4 of 12 Old 07-31-2010, 09:48 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Yes! I never thought I'd complain about such a thing but the last two weeks has been over the top. DS never moved like this! This little one is so strong - it feels like he's going to bust right out of my belly at any moment, he pushes outward with such force. Yesterday it felt like he was pushing on my spine with his feet and the front of my belly with his head, it was crazy! Friends at work actually commented during a meeting when they could see my belly rippling and writhing like crazy. And all the flips make me nauseous too, you definitely have my sympathy.

Happy mumma to my boys Henny Tom (Nov 30, 2008), Arlo Odie (Oct 5, 2010), and baby SISTER! due mid-Dec 2014.
#5 of 12 Old 07-31-2010, 10:30 AM

dd was very active and strong. she still is. extremely extremely active. she was also very very high needs and always awake as an infant.

ds was a "good little fetus" and slept all day and night. he did the same as a baby, taking 3 hr naps all day from the beginning. he's still fairly shy/mellow/low key about a lot of things, and very intense about some things (which he did as fetus too, he flipped breech in a big display at 35 wks)

Lisa, mama to Lauren, Elliot, angel Marion, and baby due in the fall.
#6 of 12 Old 07-31-2010, 11:35 AM

I feel like I have a cat writhing around in there much of the time. I can't complain too much because s/he's actually pretty gentle--not much kicking, more like s/he's just trying very hard to get comfortable. I could sure do without the punches to the cervix!

9/2011 items decluttered
#7 of 12 Old 07-31-2010, 06:06 PM

I always though that DD was active in the womb, but not compared to this one! He actually seems to sleep most of the night until I get up to pee, but most of the day he is very active. I got some great big movements on videop the other day which was very cool. My top stomach muscles can get quite sore by the end of the day from his little feet and knees.

But I love it

Mama to DD Feb '08 (9lbs), DS Oct '10 (10lbs) hbac.gif, DD Jan '13 hbac.gif

#8 of 12 Old 07-31-2010, 06:27 PM

I agree this little one moves all the time and I'm not enjoying it nearly as much as I did with my DS. I wish he would just take a nap sometimes and it's making me worried that I'm going to have another high needs baby or an even more high needs baby than last time! It makes me tired already.

Harmony; fly-by-nursing2.gifslingtwin.giffamilybed2.gifcd.giftreehugger.gifblogging.jpg to DH and first time Mom to Xander! 12/24/2008babyf.gif and Oliver 11/3/10 babyf.gif
#9 of 12 Old 07-31-2010, 08:23 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My guy likes to go in waves, he'll move non stop for a few days and then hardly move at all for the next few. I love it, though, I get really nervous when I don't feel him move much. Even if it does keep me awake sometimes
#10 of 12 Old 07-31-2010, 10:05 PM

Yes! So much so that it actually gets uncomfortable!

Mom to two boys, 5 and 3, and pregnant with number 3! EDD 10/8/10
#11 of 12 Old 07-31-2010, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComaWhite View Post
This little one NEVER stops moving and kicking and flipping, it is keeping me awake all night and only has a few brief 10-15 minute breaks throughout the day.
I am nauseous from the constant movement and so tired from my belly being a war zone all frikken night.

We have nicknamed it Jackie Chan 2.

.........I just need some sympathy.
DDCC... my first baby was like this. I felt like people thought I was exaggerating when I said "no, really, she is ALWAYS kicking."

After she was born I saw how much she moves and thrashes around in her sleep. Still at 15 months she hardly ever is completely still when she's sleeping.

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

#12 of 12 Old 07-31-2010, 11:53 PM

Cherrybomb, my little one is a lot like yours. S/he will be all about the breakdancing and kickboxing and wiggling and squirming one day, then the next might be quiet and lazy, just kicking now and then and sometimes rolling around (I usually see this rather than feel it, actually). I'm also prone to getting concerned about this... but every time things have picked back up by the next morning, good and strong.

treehugger.gif SAHM with a precious toddler and the love of my life, expecting a new little one July 2014!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page