Seperate beds for DH and I... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 08-04-2010, 07:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
.....because apparently i've started snoring hahaha oh dear. i'm hoping this is a pregnancy side effect? and not a new flaw i've just decided to develop lol

heartbeat.gifmy DH DS (5) angel1.gifx2... rainbow1284.gif DD 8th oct!! 9lb 5oz  Madison Akina-Mae - i wear her, feed her, co-sleep and hold her just about every minute of the day DS is my little scientist and the most loving person i ever did meet.  I'm lucky and I know it
#2 of 17 Old 08-04-2010, 09:12 AM

It's not just you!!

DP says I have started snoring as well, and she (to my extreme annoyance) nudges me when I'm snoring to get me to stop. I told her this is completely unacceptable, as it is hard enough for me to get to sleep as it is, w/out her nudging me awake all the time!

So, we sleep in separate beds at this point, as needed. Either she goes in the guest room because my snoring or shifting positions is keeping her up, or I go in the guest room because I need more pillows and sprawling room some nights.

I'm betting it'll become more and more frequent as the third tri marches on.

I hate sleeping in separate beds, but a good nights sleep - while we can still get one - is precious as gold!

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

#3 of 17 Old 08-04-2010, 11:30 AM

I don't know if I'm snoring or not - but dh snores all night long to the point where I often have to ask him to roll over, etc. So if I am, as far as I'm concerned he can deal with it just like I do for him!

BTW, I think it's pretty normal to snore during pregnancy and it should go away afterwards.

Candacepeace.gif, Married to dh   guitar.gif, Mom to ds (8) biggrinbounce.gif , Gavin candle.gif (9/30/10 - 12/19/10) and cautiously expecting our rainbow1284.gif 4-29-12

#4 of 17 Old 08-04-2010, 11:48 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndzies View Post
It's not just you!!

DP says I have started snoring as well, and she (to my extreme annoyance) nudges me when I'm snoring to get me to stop. I told her this is completely unacceptable, as it is hard enough for me to get to sleep as it is, w/out her nudging me awake all the time!

So, we sleep in separate beds at this point, as needed. Either she goes in the guest room because my snoring or shifting positions is keeping her up, or I go in the guest room because I need more pillows and sprawling room some nights.

I'm betting it'll become more and more frequent as the third tri marches on.

I hate sleeping in separate beds, but a good nights sleep - while we can still get one - is precious as gold!
oh PHEW i'm kinda relieved i'm not the only one who has to sprawl out and snore her head off in peace haha. DH hasn't nudged me bless him and it only came to light that i've been snoring a lot recently when my DS slept in bed with me and complained in the morning that "mama i had to sleep with a pillow over my head all night because you snore like a sleepy dragon", which then made DH crack and laugh out loud.... he'd been waiting for a good time to break it to me that he is getting NO sleep atm with me tossing and turning and snoring and sweating and ripping the covers off........ haha yeah i'm HAWT right now lol

It's funny though because he is usually the nightmare sleeper - he gets night terrors about spiders or burglars a lot and usually jumps out of bed or whacks me from time to time - or shouts at workmates etc in dreamland arguements....oh yeah and HE snores.....

so really, right now it's a win win for us to sleep apart...... feels weird and totally un-crunchy admitting that we're all sleeping in different rooms in a web community where most families bed-share haha

we'd end up soo tired out!

heartbeat.gifmy DH DS (5) angel1.gifx2... rainbow1284.gif DD 8th oct!! 9lb 5oz  Madison Akina-Mae - i wear her, feed her, co-sleep and hold her just about every minute of the day DS is my little scientist and the most loving person i ever did meet.  I'm lucky and I know it
#5 of 17 Old 08-04-2010, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corban's mum View Post
feels weird and totally un-crunchy admitting that we're all sleeping in different rooms in a web community where most families bed-share haha
PSH. Primary purpose (in addition to sex and bonding) for a bed is SLEEP.

So if I'm not getting sleep, the bed (even the family bed) loses a third of it's function.

Which in my book is reason enough to abandon the bedsharing idea altogether... especially if it means better sleep for all and is temporary! A good night's sleep = much happier and sane mama-to-be, which benefits EVERYONE in the end. Lol!

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

#6 of 17 Old 08-04-2010, 02:14 PM

ha ha I think we would have problems if we didn't have a king size bed but thankfully the hubs is a deep sleeper and I have some extra room

Happily married, crunchy mama crazy in love with our little man, Bam bam (10/5/10) due aug 2014 with our rainbow bean missing our 3 angel babies (9/09, 7/12, 12/12)
#7 of 17 Old 08-04-2010, 03:10 PM

DH and I haven't shared a bed since I was pregnant with DD!!! His snoring when I was pregnant with her kept me awake and I still can't stand it

Mama to DD Feb '08 (9lbs), DS Oct '10 (10lbs) hbac.gif, DD Jan '13 hbac.gif

#8 of 17 Old 08-04-2010, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkey View Post
I think we would have problems if we didn't have a king size bed but thankfully the hubs is a deep sleeper and I have some extra room

I "caught" myself snoring this morning - tiny snores! I woke myself up with them. I'm a light sleeper Luckily for me, DH is a deep, deep sleeper and quiet as a mouse with it. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and have to check that he's still alive. Morbid much?

Catherine, DH and DS kid.gif Dylan Michael, born 9/23/10 
#9 of 17 Old 08-04-2010, 03:33 PM

Try breath-rite strips, they helped me a lot last time around, well helped keep from killing DH for waking me up because I was snoring and he couldn't sleep. (He's come a long way since then)

SAHM to Codi 1/12/08, James 11/3/10 and Connor 4/10/13 with our own personal Superhero DH/daddy

#10 of 17 Old 08-04-2010, 04:18 PM

Well I don't think either one of us is snoring, but I haven't been able to sleep worth crap lately with DH in the bed! I need to be able to sprawl my legs out to keep from waking up multiple times with hip aches from sleeping on my side, but I can't sprawl because of DH. I get the best sleep in the morning after he leaves for work. I really don't want to move to separate beds, but if it gets much worse I might have to consider bringing it up.

Me love.gif, DH guitar.gif, and DD baby.gif9/27/10!
#11 of 17 Old 08-05-2010, 05:38 AM - Thread Starter

lyndzies ur soo right and hopefully yeah it'll be temporary, we just all bond by having baths together (yeah we still fit - JUST) and cuddling up on the giant sofa.

miso_soup HAHA i've woken myself up snoring before and then blamed DH for waking me up....... i swear he nearly wet himself laughing . (he can't talk though he's woken himself up farting before lol)

kallyn i'm having the same sorta thing atm - i feel all stiff in bed, need to sprawl out but I can't because i'm desperately trying to prevent posterior presentation (a little more likely as last babe was posterior and i have anterior placenta this time) BUT laying on my side is killing my hips - even with pillows shoved between my legs. also if im on my side my shoulders squoosh towards each other and my collar bones feel like theyre gonna snap. *sigh* haven't a CLUE how to get around it

Ashley_R are breathe rite strips those thingies u stick on the bridge of ur nose?? i should probably give them a try.... along with the support stockings i've been ordered to wear as i'm getting varicose veins i'm one HOT mama. hell yes, all i need now is piles..... which i'm pretty sure arent far off the way im going *cries*

Last night poor DH fell asleep hugging me in MY bed hehe and suddenly got up buttnaked and walked (rather quickly) into the solid wood wardrobe, face first. hit the floor bum first. rolled over and crawled to the spare room. i had a hard time not going into labour from LOL har har.

#12 of 17 Old 08-05-2010, 11:28 AM

The best sleeping arrangement is the one where everyone can actually SLEEP.

Dh and ds3 will probably need to move out of our bed when the baby arrives... ds3 is a WILD sleeper and takes up half the bed with his small body (leaving 1/4 for dh and I each). It's just not going to work safety wise with a baby in bed, too. But he'll still need daddy for comfort. Or maybe the baby and I will move... we're getting these kapok futons that will probably be on the floor, so that might actually be better for babe anyways. It kind of makes me sad, though. I'll miss the cuddles from my little bear (unfortunately, I've been missing cuddles from the big bear for several years now, ever since ds1 ended up in bed between us. But, we try to sneak cuddling in whenever we can and I figure the kids will be out of our bed before we know it and we'll have the rest of our lives to cuddle together after that!).

Melissa crochetsmilie.gif, wife to Tom geek.gif, mom to The Baron modifiedartist.gif, the Bean superhero.gif, Little Bear diaper.gif, and Baby Beaver babyboy.gif
#13 of 17 Old 10-04-2010, 02:36 PM

Yep, snoring has caught up with me! I actually wake myself up with my snoring, and I seem to cath my breath and have difficulty breathing. DH ends up going to the guest bed half-way through the night so he can get some sleep. I started using the Breathe-Right strips, but now those aren't working either - ugh! I guess this is all part of getting used to no sleep for a while!

Rachel, new mommy to Gabriella, married to wonderful T, dog-mommy to Jackson! So-called "older" mom - I'm 40! namaste.gif
#14 of 17 Old 10-04-2010, 05:47 PM

Yep, me too. Well, we're still in the same bed, but apparently I'm snoring now. I keep waking myself up too. I've also started hitting DW in my sleep. Not violently, just accidental nudges. Hehe. She's dealing with it. Sorry you're in different beds, but if it's working, then it's working!

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

#15 of 17 Old 10-04-2010, 07:12 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I started snoring yesterday, too. DH woke me once, and I woke myself up a few times.

DH snores, too. It's been a major issue around this point with all three pregnancies. SOMEDAY we will have a spare bedroom and I'll have a good option for going somewhere else to sleep - right now we have a futon in the living room, which means sleeping with the dogs and getting woken up when others in the house get up an hour earlier than I normally would.

DS born 6/03, DD1 born 9/06, DD2 born 10/10, DD3 born 4/14.
#16 of 17 Old 10-04-2010, 10:48 PM

Oh! I wish I was sleeping deeply enough to snore. Lately the insomnia I have is turning me into a miserable wraith. :yawning
#17 of 17 Old 10-05-2010, 01:23 PM

Last night I tried sleeping upright on a wedge constructed of about 6 pillows - it worked! Used the Breathe-Right stip too. Probably the best night of sleep I've had for a while. And DH was able to stay in our bed. Of course, our dog decided to get up on the bed and spread out down the middle!

Hey sheashea - I'm originally from TO - I so miss the fall colours this time of year! Sorry you're not sleeping - hopefully you're getting some nap time during the day?

Rachel, new mommy to Gabriella, married to wonderful T, dog-mommy to Jackson! So-called "older" mom - I'm 40! namaste.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page