update from me! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 08-19-2010, 02:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello ladies

I know I have been MIA for some time. I just got a new computer, yay! My old one had random shut down syndrome and would over heat alllll the time. It's so nice to have one that I can rely on, esp. with school starting up soon.

Lots of news to report.

1.) I had to switch to a new cardiologist, one that was closer to where I lived. He did a 24 hour holter on me and found significant tachycardia, palps, and SVT. He also did an EKG on me in the office and found the same thing, as well as murmers of the heart. Now, with these issues continuing to worsen, he called a cardioelectrophysiologist and they agreed that an ablation for the SVT is the best option for me. As well as I am no longer a candidate for home birth.

2.) I ended up in the hospital a few weeks back for dehydration *i get dehydrated very easy* and contractions. They were able to stop the labor, and I was able to switch to a Dr. who is very kind and understanding. I will end up needing a repeat c-section, because my heart isnt stable enough to handle labor. It will randomly switch into SVT and arrhythmia at random, and that isnt something that we need to worry about for the birth. So, I am due October 1st 2010, but will be having a repeat c-section on September 17th.

I actually had an appointment yesterday where they hooked me up to the monitor due to increased pressure, decreased fetal movement, and contractions, and I was contracting regularly. Then my heart started doing palptations and shot up to 175 bpm. I went cold and clammy, and almost passed out. Not fun. Very scary infact. The Dr. was able to stabilize me though, thankfully. She had just read the cardiology report last night- too.

Another funny thing, is the second I walked out of the office- the cardiology clinic called with the results of my holter, and reminding me of my appointment. :P

I still want to continue to post here though, because you are the group of ladies that I first joined. Hope you guys dont mind!

An ultrasound of baby girls heart shows her healthy and perfect yay! She is doing beautifully, growing right on target.

I am on bedrest, and am going for weekly visits now, to my OBGYN. Everything else checks out fine.

I was a little upset about not being able to have a home birth, but really, a c-section is the safest option for me and baby, and I am happy with that.

hope everyone elses pregnancy is going smoothly

"Damn it man, I'm a doctor, not a physicist!" -Bones McCoy. Ds1 6 bouncy.gif Dd1 4 energy.gifDd2 5 months baby.gif
#2 of 5 Old 08-19-2010, 08:16 AM

Wow, Mommy what an adventure you ahve been having! I am glad baby is ok and you were able to be stabilized.
The time is almost here!

Unschooling Crunchy Mama of 5 babies. Welcome Emily-Rose born September 7th 2010!
#3 of 5 Old 08-19-2010, 09:13 AM

I'm sorry to hear about the heart problems! That sucks. I bet you'll be the first in the group to have your baby! Glad to hear from you
#4 of 5 Old 08-19-2010, 10:42 AM

You stay right here with us. I am sorry about your change in circumstances. It is good to hear that you can be at peace with a change in plans and feel like you are making the best choice for your baby.

A C-section doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing. C-sections can be a godsend when they are used to bring our babies into this world healthy and keep us healthy.
#5 of 5 Old 08-20-2010, 01:51 AM

Glad to see you back, and we'd love to have you stay with us.
Sounds like quite the journey you've had, but it's good you are getting taken care of so well.

Mama to DD Feb '08 (9lbs), DS Oct '10 (10lbs) hbac.gif, DD Jan '13 hbac.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page