Mothering Forum banner

Need to vent a little...

480 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  southernmommie 
#1 ·
Just a rant post here.

Last week I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes. The 2 weeks before that it seemed I ballooned all of a sudden. So with dealing with this new diet and my blood sugar trying to level out, and the not being able to breathe like I once did I almost had a panic attack the night before last. I really don't think I can make another 2 months of not being able to take deep breaths. I really don't. I "think" I can make it another month (which I'll have to so baby can become full term at least), but that's about it. I really want baby to come like as SOON as I become full term. I don't want to battle panic attacks while not being able to get a deep breath. They are not fun to begin with, but add the fact that I won't be able to get a hold of my breathing while going through one doesn't appeal to me. I'm scared of one. I was scared before because they are frightening, but I REALLY don't want one while in this last trimester. I was feeling GREAT until about 2 1/2 weeks ago. HELP!!! I have my next midwife appointment to check on my blood sugar numbers on the 30th. I need to talk to her then. They are most likely going to induce me anyways once I'm further along now that I am officially GD since I normally have big babies anyways and I seem to carry borderline too much fluid with every pg also. So with a GD dx, that might just seal the deal anyways. It might actually be a God-send anyway since I'm having breathing problems now. So needless to say, I am literally on the countdown to full term. But according to my past, I could go anytime after 35 weeks. And that is only 5 weeks away. (GASP! REALLY?!?!) Wow. So 7-12 weeks away. That doesn't sound so bad. (Although Husband will be gone for the next 4 weeks. He'll be 9 hours away by driving, but he'll have to fly since I have the only vehicle.)

See less See more
#2 ·

Maybe the baby will drop down soon and give you a little bit of breathing room. Have you tried any meditation/breathing/relaxation techniques to help you catch your breath? I know it is difficult to do when your entire insides are smushed, but maybe some relaxing yoga might help.

Maybe your midwife will have some good suggestions for your when you see her on the 30th.

Hang in there mama, that baby will be here before you know it.

#4 ·
I've been spending an appreciable amount of time on all fours doing cat/cow poses and in supported child's pose. I get short of breath or just feel like I can't draw in a full breath with some frequency.

I also get a racing heartbeat that makes me feel even more like I'm hyperventilating or something!

Hang in there!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.